December 17, 2014 | 1474 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Last Lip Wear -- 405B Blue Rose

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color but I loathe the packaging. The product doesn't go all the way in the tube so nicking it is easy when you're trying to close it. The plastic cap is not very secure and has opened up in the small makeup bag where I carry my lip products. And this led to blue rose being all over the inside. Then again it was dirt cheap so what could I expect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Lightweight but moisturizing. The color really brightens the face and makes your teeth look white. If I ever dressed up as barbie, I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An AWESOME color. and great formula. This is a nice color for daytime wear, and applied thickly it wears well at night too, esp. while wearing dark colors. The blue undertone also brightens your smile. This color is so beautiful, and as others have called it, 'a guilty pleasure'. I wear this color when I want to wear my bright pink lippie, with an edge, without reaching for a pepto pink, or barbie pink. It has a blue sheen when the light hits it just right. Reminds me of Love My Lips color 'Far Out Fuchsia', with that color being more fuchsia based, and NYC's Blue Rose, has a pink base. Both colors have that iridescent blue sheen that is barely there. If you enjoy those deep, bright pinks then you are sure to enjoy this color. I'm fair skinned, blue eyes/black hair and this lippie looks fabulous on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by juhnay324

okay this color is lovely! the only problem is it bleads a little so if i could find a lip liner or something to go with it, it would be perfect but i still love the color the packaging is not my favorite you have to be careful with the lid or you can ruin the lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Emmiloves

I would put this this lipstick comparative to NARS and MAC. And its peanuts price-wise!

The colour is a deep fuscia with a slight blue undertone. The colour just works and pops. It's a daring color but one that would suit many complexions. This is literally an absolute bargain. It lasts all day, and is moisturising on the lips yet dosen't show that shiny "cheap lipgloss" look!

The packaging could be better, I don't particularly like the fact you can't twist it down so it's in the tube - but hey, we can't have it all!

An absolute staple in any daring makeup collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by lizzbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is great! I love love love bright colored lipsticks with a little winged black liner and this NYC color is just as good as more expensive brands I own. The texture of this lipstick is very nice and light yet still maintains a moisturizing feeling. I usually choose Make Up Forever or Nars for my bright lipsticks, but I actually think the texture of the NYC lipstick is much better... less gunky is I guess the best way I can describe it. Buying this lipstick makes me wish the less expensive brands like NYC would make more of the vibrant colors that pricier brands produce.

I'm half asian (vietnamese and chinese), and half caucasian so I have a olive/yellow/beige undertone that I was worried would not mix well with this color, but as it turns out, it looks perfect. And although I do agree this lipstick looks great with pale skin, it also looks great with a tan as long as you don't use much or preferably any competing colors on your face such as blush or eyeshadow.

Buy this lipstick if you love a bold lip!! For less than $2 at Walmart it's not too big a deal if you don't love this lipstick as much as I do ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by msanderson

Got this yesterday at Wal-Mart for next to nothing pricewise...tried it on today and it really is a very beautiful and unique shade. I am dark haired and eyed, with very fair skin coloring, and have a hard time finding cool toned lipstick, but this one is gorgeous and brightens up my whole face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I picked this up at Rexall here in Canada today, during their 20% off all NYC products sale. This lipstick is a beautiful, fuschia lipstick, with a soft duochrome effect -- as you turn, the lipstick gives off a barely perceptible deep, violet-blue flash. It's so subtle, that you wonder if you really did see it. It reminds me of shantung silk, actually.

In any case, this is a gorgeous lipstick, and a steal at under $2 CAD right now (with a regular price of $2.29). The texture is smooth and creamy, with no discernible scent or taste (and I am extremely picky about both). It's a colour that a fair-medium skintone like mine (right now, in the winter, NC30-35), can pull off, especially with the right outfit -- this looks great with a royal blue top, BTW.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*CHEAP THRILL* FLAT/MATTE PINK W/BLUEISH/PURPLEISH UNDERTONES VERY PRETTY & DID NOT DRY OUT MY LIPS I SEE SOME SAY ITS SIMILIAR TO MAC'S HELLO KITTY BIG BOW I HAVE BIG BOW HERE'S MY COMPARISON.....MAC'S BB IS GLAZIER & BRIGHTER W/A FAINT BLUE UNDERTONE W/SMALL GLITTER SILVERISH SHEEN WHEREAS NYC BLUE ROSE IS KICK ASS PURPLEISH PINK/FUSCHIA....MUCH PRETTIER AND TRUE TO COLOR VERY DIFFERENT IF YOU WANT MAC'S HK BB DON'T GET NYC BLUE ROSE & VICE VERSA!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this for $1.72 at Wal Mart...so CHEAP! I love the fact that it has blue undertones because it makes your teeth look whiter. This is SUCH a vibrant color. I'm being Barbie for Halloween so I needed a seriously BRIGHT color for my lips. This is perfect!!!! I would definitely never use this daily but perhaps on special occassions! :D