July 23, 2014 | 1527 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Note: this is NOT an aluminum-free deodorant, contrary to what many reviewers have written. If you look at the ingredients you will see "ammonium alum" (=(NH4)Al(SO4)212H2O). Al = alum = aluminum.
As others have noted, this is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. Unfortunately, it does not work for me--my sweat smells the same whether I'm wearing this or not wearing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today is my first day to use this Crystal Rock Deodorant so it may be a but soon to review but I love it already and had to post! I have tried to many deodorants under the sun: Secret Clinical Strength, Mitchum Power Clear Gel, regular Secret, Dove (many kinds), Tom's of Maine, and this crystal rock is the my fav!
It just completely gets rid of that funky smell that deodorant mixed with perspiration makes. I think a lot of deodorants just combine with sweat and make a gross mix of a scented smell with B.O. Eww! I am pretty outdoorsy and work out quite a bit. Today I went for a two hour walk with my dogs, cleaned my house, went on another jog, ran some errands, and smell like I just got out of the shower. No funky B.O. smell.
It feels like it is a waste of money at first because you really have to rub it on with water and you don't feel anything. I put it on right after I get out of the shower while underarms still damp. I swipe about 20x (that sounds like a lot but it isn't really). I figure this keeps me good all day.
I also have a problem with many deodorants making my underarms itchy! I hope this relieves that problem. Very happy to have found this and A+ for no aluminum. I read an article that stated that deodorant is found in many tumors. Gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many deodorants to classify this product as the 'worst,' but it simply does not work, for me at least. I had initially bought this deodorant because of all the rave reviews and because it was aluminum free, but it just does not work. I apply it and I feel as if nothing changed at all. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by moomookaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 5 years now, and I haven't had the need to look for other deodorants. The main purpose of this crystal is to keep odour away. It is not meant to keep you dry. You will still sweat even after using this, but the stink will not be there.

I used to use some other deodorant sprays that would stop the odour, but unfortunately also leave a scent of its own. That kinda bummed me out since i do like to use perfumes on some occasions. The crystal allows me to use other perfumes while keeping the odour at bay. Do use it right after your bath, since like some reviewers had mentioned, it does not work if you already start to smell.

After bathing, I would wet my armpits with a few drops of water and rub the crystal over it for about 10 times. I find that sufficient for a whole day out and about in a hot and humid country.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by bohi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this deodorant based on all the great reviews on MUA. I am sourly disappointed. The application takes a lot of time and is cumbersome. But the worst part is that it just does not work. Even if I just have a day at home doing small chores around the house and I am not even sweating noticeably it still does not keep me fresh. It is as if I hadn't used any deodorant at all - a waste of money.

It's sadly nothing more than an urban legend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by icedesign1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this for years. I think it is great. A little note to anyone interested in trying this out. Be aware! This is NOT an antiperspirent. You will still sweat. It will not keep your shirt from getting wet if you are a heavy sweater. It is NOT meant to. Also, to those who claim that the stick gets smelly. Well yes, the stick will get smelly, if you do not use it properly. The stick is meant to be used, on clean skin, for best results it should be used when exiting the shower while you are still wet. Also, you will have to spread it all around your armpit area including the sides nearest the breast and shoulder, because sweat glands are not just in your armpit crease. These are just suggestions. I have been using this for about 15 years. I havent even broken out from it which is amazing because I am allergic to everything. It works for me and if I forget it I can tell. It does still have naturally occouring aluminum. However, it does not contain all the other nasty stuff that antiperspirents and deoderants have like: parabens, sulfates, sodium laurel sulfates, and fragrances. If you have any doubt on whether products that you use are good or bad, look it up on goodguide.com.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This keeps away smell without parbens and dyes, perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by zoogirl17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I sweat horribly and all the time, and this deodorant kills the bacteria. I have tried loads of different kinds of deodorants mens, Rx, natural, chemical laden and this is the only thing that works. I also workout everyday and I sweat like a pig in the middle of July and this keeps the odor at bay. I highly reccomend this deodorant!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Wildeo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I work out a lot, and I've been curious about crystal deodorants. It's been a week so far, and this is what I've learned:

1) Clean your under arms very carefully to get rid of any old bacteria.

2) Straight out of the shower, I swipe the stick at least 50 times under each armpit. Sometimes I wet the stick and go over each armpit again, just to be sure.

3) I got the travel size, and I recommend you do, if this is your first time trying a crystal deodorant.
It's cheap and lasts a long time anyway.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This deodorant is high maintenance, even for me. First, you cannot leave it on marble or granite. I have a granite countertop in my bathroom. Second, it is completely unscented. I was prepared for that, but I can't say I necessarily love the smell of my armpits when I use this. Having to wet it is annoying, and if I miss a spot, it catches on my skin--ouch! It also burns on freshly-shaven armpits--a problem if you're like me and shave yours every day.

I was looking for a change because my current deodorant is good but dries out my armpits something fierce. I unfortunately haven't found it in this one. I will definitely chuck it as soon as I find an alternative.