September 2, 2014 | 1064 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this deodorant on again off again for over a year now -still the same bottle, by the way.
Pros:
!- Claims to be endorsed by the cancer society (!)

2- Prolonged use of aluminum free deodorant can help 'lighten' armpits. A lot of the times, the darkening is due to shaving & deodorants that block the bacteria from getting out. I wax, and use this, and my armpits have lightened significantly

3- Extremely cheap considering how long it lasts.

4 - Aluminum in deodorants is what causes the yellow underarm stains on clothing- so those go away

Cons:
1- if you're looking for a flowery/fruity/sparkly smell, this is not for you

2 - You don't feel dry.

This last factor is the only reason i go back to commercial deodorants sometimes, because I feel uncomfortable when my armpits are wet. Most days though, this deodorant is perfectly perfect. It is "high maintenance" as one reviewer said, but the pros are all things that are important to me, so I've committed to this as my basic deodorant for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

Ok, here's the thing with this deodorant - you have to keep your expectations in check. It's not a fancy, scented antiperspirant. This is not one of those deodorants you can use to get away with not showering that day. You are not going to smell like flowers or cookies or fruit if you use this! That was my mistake the first time I tried this. Basically all it does is keep bacteria in check - you are still going to sweat, and it doesn't last forever - but I find it does last all day, most of the time.

I came back to it not long ago because I had an itchy reaction to my go-to antiperspirant. (Itchy armpits - awkward!) I read up on this one and decided to give it another go, and I didn't really notice its effects at all at first. But I started to notice, on days where I forgot to wear it I definitely had some funky BO by the end of the day. It's been about a year using crystal deodorant (not necessarily this brand, and sometimes the liquid version) and I don't think I will go back. I find the liquid version is much easier to apply (and you can get scented versions if you like) but the solid crystal will last much longer and travels well. I just turn on the tap, dip the crystal in the water, turn off the tap, rub it on my clean underarm until it's not wet anymore, and then do the same on the other side, and I'm set for the day!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently for the past couple of months, my usual Secret pH deodorant has stopped working for me--I would sweat a little but it hella stank, even if I was just sitting in class with the A/C on. I've switched back to back from Secret to Dove but neither has worked. My last chance was Crystal as I had read from previous reviews that it had worked miracles for them. I have been using for about 2 weeks now, and it has changed my pit stank dramatically lol. Before, I used to sweat in little amounts throughout the day, but after using Crystal, I only sweat once or not at all out of the whole day, with no odor. I found this at my local CVS for about $5-6 + tax.

To whoever reviewed claiming that the "alum" is the same "aluminum": from what I've read, the ammonium alum in Crystal is indeed a derivative from aluminum, but it is way different than the aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum zirconium found in the "other" deodorants. Though both Crystal as well as other anti-perspirant/deodorants do carry the same "risk" if you will, Crystal is said to be much more safer and natural as it is limited in ingredients.

Source:

Also, I think the best time to use this deodorant is in fact, right after you come out of the shower while you're still dripping wet!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Note: this is NOT an aluminum-free deodorant, contrary to what many reviewers have written. If you look at the ingredients you will see "ammonium alum" (=(NH4)Al(SO4)212H2O). Al = alum = aluminum.
As others have noted, this is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. Unfortunately, it does not work for me--my sweat smells the same whether I'm wearing this or not wearing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today is my first day to use this Crystal Rock Deodorant so it may be a but soon to review but I love it already and had to post! I have tried to many deodorants under the sun: Secret Clinical Strength, Mitchum Power Clear Gel, regular Secret, Dove (many kinds), Tom's of Maine, and this crystal rock is the my fav!
It just completely gets rid of that funky smell that deodorant mixed with perspiration makes. I think a lot of deodorants just combine with sweat and make a gross mix of a scented smell with B.O. Eww! I am pretty outdoorsy and work out quite a bit. Today I went for a two hour walk with my dogs, cleaned my house, went on another jog, ran some errands, and smell like I just got out of the shower. No funky B.O. smell.
It feels like it is a waste of money at first because you really have to rub it on with water and you don't feel anything. I put it on right after I get out of the shower while underarms still damp. I swipe about 20x (that sounds like a lot but it isn't really). I figure this keeps me good all day.
I also have a problem with many deodorants making my underarms itchy! I hope this relieves that problem. Very happy to have found this and A+ for no aluminum. I read an article that stated that deodorant is found in many tumors. Gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many deodorants to classify this product as the 'worst,' but it simply does not work, for me at least. I had initially bought this deodorant because of all the rave reviews and because it was aluminum free, but it just does not work. I apply it and I feel as if nothing changed at all. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by moomookaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 5 years now, and I haven't had the need to look for other deodorants. The main purpose of this crystal is to keep odour away. It is not meant to keep you dry. You will still sweat even after using this, but the stink will not be there.

I used to use some other deodorant sprays that would stop the odour, but unfortunately also leave a scent of its own. That kinda bummed me out since i do like to use perfumes on some occasions. The crystal allows me to use other perfumes while keeping the odour at bay. Do use it right after your bath, since like some reviewers had mentioned, it does not work if you already start to smell.

After bathing, I would wet my armpits with a few drops of water and rub the crystal over it for about 10 times. I find that sufficient for a whole day out and about in a hot and humid country.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by bohi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this deodorant based on all the great reviews on MUA. I am sourly disappointed. The application takes a lot of time and is cumbersome. But the worst part is that it just does not work. Even if I just have a day at home doing small chores around the house and I am not even sweating noticeably it still does not keep me fresh. It is as if I hadn't used any deodorant at all - a waste of money.

It's sadly nothing more than an urban legend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by icedesign1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this for years. I think it is great. A little note to anyone interested in trying this out. Be aware! This is NOT an antiperspirent. You will still sweat. It will not keep your shirt from getting wet if you are a heavy sweater. It is NOT meant to. Also, to those who claim that the stick gets smelly. Well yes, the stick will get smelly, if you do not use it properly. The stick is meant to be used, on clean skin, for best results it should be used when exiting the shower while you are still wet. Also, you will have to spread it all around your armpit area including the sides nearest the breast and shoulder, because sweat glands are not just in your armpit crease. These are just suggestions. I have been using this for about 15 years. I havent even broken out from it which is amazing because I am allergic to everything. It works for me and if I forget it I can tell. It does still have naturally occouring aluminum. However, it does not contain all the other nasty stuff that antiperspirents and deoderants have like: parabens, sulfates, sodium laurel sulfates, and fragrances. If you have any doubt on whether products that you use are good or bad, look it up on goodguide.com.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This keeps away smell without parbens and dyes, perfect!