Olay Foaming Face Wash

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Pentaerythritol Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth 10, Fragrance 5/30/09

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is for the Olay Blemish Control Lathering Cleanser. I think it is terrible! It does smell nice but this left my entire face with dry white flakes like i never seen before. Horrible stuff .Burns my eyes too.
I really dislike alot of olay products.

on 5/28/2009 2:34:00 PM

I have tried more cleansers than I would like to admit. From low end to high end. However, this is one of the best products I have ever used. I have bought into the high end hype and bought cleansers that have made promises that no cleanser could ever keep, and what did I get for my trouble...dissapointment and often irritated skin. This product is beautiful in its simplicity. It cleans off all of my makeup. On occasion, I will have to let it sit on my eyes a few seconds longer than I normally would do to the staying power of UDPP. However, is is very gentle as well. I have not noticed no to minimal residue upon rinsing it off. It does not make me like I am wearing a tight mask or oily afterwards. It does not cause breakouts and I feel in some way it thwarts them. I think that some acne products have been so harsh they irritated my skin and caused more breakouts because of it. However, this is a good basic and gentle cleanser. I have deduced one lippie because I do not feel it is my HG cleanser.

on 2/21/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years! It is the best face I have tried. Lathers well, removes eye make up. I love it! Definitely worth it just for the fact it removes eye make up!

on 2/3/2009 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser after reading Paula’s book. She highly recommended it, so I thought I would give it a try.

I did not care for the texture. It was a little heavy and gel like for me. While it does lather, it takes some time to get it going. I am usually too impatient for that (especially at night), so I ended up not getting a lot of make up off, which I did not like.

on 1/20/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect for my middle-aged, sensitive, normal skin. I use this in the evening when removing makeup. In the mornings, before I make up my face, I use Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with aloe. LOVE BOTH!! Holy Grail cleansers, both of them! Thanks Paula Begoun for the recommendations!

on 1/12/2009 11:22:00 PM

I love this cleanser! And as a bonus, it is *so* cheap! (only US $3.74 for 6.7 oz) I try others occasionally but keep coming back to this. It is great at removing makeup, even long wear eyeliners and mascara. One pump is all you need and it's very foamy! It does take some getting used to because at first it feels like it won't rinse away. It leaves your skin with a "film" of moisture, but in a good way, not a bad way. It leaves skin soft and smooth and doesn't dry it out.

The only problem I have with this is the scent. It is very strong. At first it made me think of an over-deodorized public ladies restroom. I have since gotten used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

**Update 4/3/08: I've tried the sensitive skin version. It's just as good--performs the same, minus the scent. The ingredient list is almost identical. Yay!**

on 12/4/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the packaging on this product - I adore the smell, love the consistancy but it just dries out my skin so much.
No cleanser should ever make your skin feel tight and in desparate need of moisturizer.
This product landed on the very cluttered self in my bathroom with all the other beauty products that don't do what they claim.

on 9/30/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! I have been using this for over 7 years!
I remember a few years ago when Oil Of Olay discontinued it and I called them in disappointment. I am so thrilled they brought it back - they said it was due to customer demand/request!
This cleanser is gentle, removes all makeup, and leaves your skin feeling soft. I have oily skin and it works great on my skin.

on 8/26/2008 6:07:00 AM

My current HG cleanser!Previously,i was using Loreal's Revitalift Milky Foam because it acts like a makeup remover because i was using sunscreen.It was ok but at the same time it was drying too for my skin.

This is my first time trying out and Olay cleanser and i was happy i did!Its cheap and comes in a pump which is convenient.Its soap and oil free and its foams up beautifully.Cleanses well and leaves a thin layer of moisture on my skin thereafter.Added bonus is the scent;very refreshing and reminiscent of Johnson and Johnson's baby powder.

I will definitely repurchase this and i really hope it will not give me problems.Overall,i love it!!!!!

on 1/7/2008 5:54:00 PM

Olay moisture balancing foaming face wash with vitamin E:

Overall this has been a decent cleanser. It's consistency is mostly thick with a pearly look to it. I went to the store looking for a cleanser that would balance my skin between oily and dry. I normally have oily skin but lately my skin has become dry and flaky, go figure. This started out okay, but I don't think it's doing anything for "moisture balancing." In fact I'm having trouble with dry, flaky skin again. However, even though I still have the occasional break out, I don't think it's because of this cleanser; that's something I have been pleased with. And, if I keep my eyes closed, this cleanser helps wash off most of my makeup and doesn't sting. The packaging is ok, the bottle itself feels kind of cheap and flimsy, and it's nothing too expensive.