September 19, 2014 | 2004 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

Grape seed oil is great for those who want to deter aging and have skin that is anywhere from lightly acne prone to very dry. It is not recommended for oily skin.

I really love using this on my face. You can find it almost anywhere, and it is inexpensive. I buy the extra virgin, as it has the most nutrients. When looking for any food grade oil to put on your face, it is best to go for the clearest oil in color, because it will have the least pore clogging particles. Since I've been using it, it's greatly improved the look, quality, and texture of my sensitive, combo/dry and acne prone skin. I put it on as an inexpensive serum at night (you only need a daub), and wake up glowing.

The best place to use it is under your eyes. Under eye moisturizing is it's traditional use, and it does wonders while you sleep. My eyes used to be dry and tired, and now I use this and they always feel great. Some of the lines that used to be there have been cured, and my make up goes on so much smoother in the morning.

I just love how many benefits there are to this, and how many uses, especially since it is so inexpensive and natural.

Quick tip: It is also better to use than olive oil while cooking, as olive oil can become carcinogenic at it's smoking point (which is low). Things taste the same, but are healthier, lower in calories, and will not create negative compounds in your food. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been used this for two months, after shower, when my body is still wet. My skin feels soft and moisturize and little bit goes a long way. However, when I dry my skin with towel, it leaves sticker resuide on my towel and unable to wash away. It also have the after smell too, no matter how many times that I wash my towel. I have to throw away all my towles because of such weired reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sheepy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this oil for 2 weeks now and it has made such a wonderful difference in my skintone and smoothness. I recently did a 18% TCA peel and I used this grapeseed oil instead of vaseline or neosporin like I did in the past, and although I had to apply it more often because it absorbs in the skin pretty quickly, it did not break me out at all, not even one pimple!! I now use this every night after washing my face and also to remove eye makeup. I really prefer this over the jojoba oil since that broke me out in very big cysts. I will continue to use this for as long as it gives me great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is fantastic!!
I use it to remove eye make-up, I put it on my freshly washed face, my chest & neck, EVERYWHERE!
I have not broken out from it, in fact it has cleared up a raging whitehead in one night.
It is crazy cheap for such a natural beauty product that does wonders.
Go get some and bath in it everyday forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by agusia212

I picked up a cometic grade grapeseed oil at Vitamin Shopee for around $5. My sisters loves to use it as a precleanse and urged me to try it for my blackheads and clogged pores. I have been using it for 2 weeks and I definitely see a difference in my skin, it is more hydrated with less blackheads; I'm not sure if that is attributed to the oil or using Retin-A again. However, I will continue to use because I feel my skin is more hydrated and not so dry and uncomfortable. I pour the oil on cottom pads and gently rub around my face, concentrating on my T-zone. Then, I let the oil sit on my face for around 10 min in the shower; when I'm done with everything else I wash my face with a regular cleanser or a gentle scrub.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

I've been on an oil spree lately: so far, I've tried almond oil (the regular kind, not the sweet kind) which was okay, coconut oil (which was fantastic), and now this. I wanted to try this, because my friend has taken some skincare courses at her cosmotology school, and she said that grapeseed oil has the strongest antioxidant properties out of all the oils. The result so far has been radiant skin. I wish grapeseed oil would smell as good as coconut oil, but you can't have everything. I've been using Korres skincare products lately (which have also been fantastic), but I wouldn't hesitate to use this oil at some point in my life again (especially in the summer time), because in the winter, my skin is still dry when I put it on my face (my skin just drinks the oil up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is slowly growing to HG status for me! I also have oily, yet dehydrated skin as well, and it has been super difficult for me to find a way to moisturize my skin without breaking out. I really needed one too because my skin clearing cream, Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Retinol cream, was very drying and actually made my pores look sunken in and dried up. I tried tons of store-bought, synthetic moisturizers....Cetaphil, Merlot, CE Booths, Aveeno, Olay, Neutrogena, Cerave, Eucerin etc....they were ALL breaking me out, leaving a film, or not hydrating my skin...After seeing many good reviews and recs for using grapeseed oil in skincare, I decided to introduce it into my regimen since it is known for being mildly light, filled with antioxidants, and having toning properties. I started out by incorporating it as a precleanser ,and low and behold it left my skin super glowy and smooth. I have continued to use it as a precleanser since and now I also use it as a moisturizer that must be applied on a DAMP face so that it absorbs in and doesn't dry my face out. I am basically falling in love with this stuff because it is actually clearing this burst of constant acne I have been having on my cheeks. It's healing everything right over, giving me a glow, and moisturizing me a tad. I have been informed by many that grapeseed oil will get drying because of its astrigent property, so i will be adding another oil in to moisturize better, but i will definitely keep this oil in stock! I'm looking to try sweet almond oil, hazelnut oil, and maybe avocado, but I definitely encourage trying oils in skincare--and this is coming from someone who once broke out horribly when trying olive and jojoba oils....so yeah i rec that people do their research and try out lighter oils first, especially this one!! =)

oh and btw, I use the NOW brand of grapeseed oil..it was only $4 at my nearby health food store AND it is sold in a bottle that is MUCH better than Aura Cacia's because you can dispense the oil in drops =D

UPDATE a few weeks later: I'm still LOVING this..i actually stopped using it for a week because i started using hazelnut oil as a moisturizer, but i started using this again underneath the hazelnut and its helpin my skin problems heal over much better!!! Officially HG status for me!

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a n occasional boost when my skin is feeling dull. I apply it before I go to bed (after serum and eye cream). It still amazes me that using an oil on my face makes my skin less oily, but my skin always feels and looks better after using it.

I will try the tips here and use it for a pre-cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by zulka

Wonderful oil. Thanks to all the reviews. I use it as a pre cleanse and also as a moisturizer. My skin tone has improved and I haven't gotten any reactions from it. I got mine from mountain rose herbs. Good deal.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I got this stuff on a whim during a terrible breakout and didn't even know what to do with it, hah. The awesome ladies on the skin board suggested using it as a precleanser, so I did. I wet my face with warm water, then squirt a teeny bit if this on my hand and massage it in with my fingertips or a washcloth in circular motions. I usually do that for one to two minutes straight, to really work it in (hey, it feels good). Then I rinse it off with water, usually splashing my face ten times or so, and follow up with my regular cleanser.

All I can say is WOW this stuff makes my skin feel amazing. Balanced and moisturized but not greasy at all, which is amazing for combination, acne-prone skin. This stuff also really seems to speed up healing of old acne breakouts, which can get dried out and look like poop for weeks on end. I have been using it for about two weeks now, and it hasn't seemed to be contributing to any new breakouts. Instead, my skin has a "glow" to it that it hasn't had for a long time due to years of acne treatments. I'm pretty much in love with this stuff. The bottle I got cost maybe $8, but it will last forever because you only need a little squeeze to get it going.

My only beef is that the bottle dispenses the oil in "squirts", making it hard to get the right amount. I also wonder if a more opaque bottle would protect it from breaking down in the sun, though I do keep it in my medicine cabinet. At any rate, it's not bad enough to warrant taking off a lippie, as good as this stuff has been to me. I'd recommend everyone with oily, damaged skin give this a try.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No