August 30, 2014 | 1043 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It saved my skin from a disaster. Now I am a believer!!!

I want my skin tone to be more even so I tried some cream to get rid of discoloration and lighten the dark spots. The first three days, my skin was looking a little better then I started getting rashes and dry patches. It got really serious, it hurt when I stretched/moved my face. It stung no matter what product I put on my face to moisturize the dry patches. Nothing I could do to save it. I was like "what I have done to myself? I ruined my skin because of my vanity" I regretted trying stupid products on my skin. My skin was alright before this incident, a little discoloration here and there but they were light enough that you wouldn't pay attention or stare at them.

Then I thought, why not just put yogurt on my face to calm the skin down and add moisture to it. I used to do yogurt mask. I remember it always brightened my face instantly and made it so soft. But I didn't bother to do it often because I thought once you stop doing it, the skin goes back to be dull, the good effect is only temporary. Silly me! What product isn't like that? You stop using any cream, your skin will be dull again because we are aging everyday, duh.

So I used the yogurt mask (just yogurt, nothing else, cuz I am lazy), the first day, it instantly cleared up 50% of the dry patches. My skin was no longer itchy. The rest of the rough patches were not as dry as before. Then the second day after using yogurt mask, wow, only 5 % of the dry patches left (around my mouth) and they are not even that dry. My skin is saved.

I think I am going to continue using yogurt mask routinely for the rest of my life. It's so cheap. I don't have to waste money on useless cream no more. I will probably try to find only one day cream just for harsh winter or spf reason, cuz you can't do yogurt mask in the morning right before you go out, too time-consuming and people can smell rotten milk on you.

Now, the secrets are in the details. Not all yogurt products are the same, and we all have different skins. Find a plain yogurt product that suits your skin type. If your skin breaks out, then use nonfat. I tried plain yogurt with fat before, I got a little tiny breakout. Not that bad. Then I used nonfat, no breakout what so ever. This time, I used probiotic plain yogurt with fat in it, it didn't break me out. I guess my skin was too dry this time. No, I didn't use Greek yogurt, so it's a little running. But I am not rushing out of the door to buy Greek yogurt either, cuz there's no guarantee it would suit my skin type. But I will experiment next week when I get another jar of yogurt.

I had tried to add oatmeal in yogurt before. It's messier and harder to clean. I don't think it made a big difference than just using yogurt alone. So I will only use yogurt alone now, cuz it's like easier 1 2 3 to apply and clean, I am more likely to commit to the routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Amritak

I must first say a big thank u to all the MUA's who always take the time to write a review.
I went through a very rough patch since last year, when I first developed acne.
I have never ever had acne before and then suddenly I started to develop closed comedones on my cheeks and eventually they turned into nasty cysts that were red and inflamed.
I was left with depression as this was the first time i ever had to deal with acne!
And it was tormenting to walk out when everyone i know notices it as i have never had anything on my face before, and everyone asks " what happened to ur face".. It was the worst months of my life, i started to stay more at home than go out,
This is to everyone who is going through a rough time with acne and acne scars. It its temporary and it will pass by.
I have now overcome the acne issue and addressing acne scars (Pink and red marks)
And now for the review for yougurt mask

This has been my life saver... I use full fat yougurt(greek yougurt) tablespoon... with a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of chikpea flour (Besan flour)....
I have done this daily.. kept it on my face for about 1 hour everyday.. followed by green tea toner.
I use this regularly, and I have watched my acne scars disappear each day...

Please try this.. I have tried everything under the sun!! EVERYTHING! and this is the only thing that has actually proven to help.
I hope this helps u as much as it has helped me gain my confidence back..
God Bless u all

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love yogurt masks! They make my skin moisturized, soft, and so radiant! I'm not exaggerating when I say I see a legitimate glow every time I wash this off. I love this for my dehydrated oily, acne-prone skin.

My concoction consists of 1 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt and 1/2 tbsp honey.
As for what I use and why... I use Greek yogurt because it's thicker than traditional yogurt. That helps the mask stay on your face instead of slide down your neck! I know some people say use full fat and others say low fat. For me personally, I like 2%. I get great results with it and don't need to use a separate cleanser afterward. With full fat, I found that not using a separate cleanser left my skin dull and a bit greasy, not to mention I did break out.
With regards to honey, I just use what I have in my cupboard. It's nothing special, but it is 100% honey.

So after I mix up the ingredients, I usually leave the mask on for around 40 minutes, then wash off with water and a baby cloth. The cloth is especially nice because it helps with the residue and also gives some light manual exfoliation. Even though I don't use a cleanser after, I don't have any issues with clogged pores or breakouts. There is a small bit of residue left at the end, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable -- just moisturizing.

My only issue with this mask is that Greek yogurt comes in such big tubs lol I don't like the taste of Greek yogurt so I save the leftovers... only to forget about them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Before I started using plain yogurt on my face, i was using milk after cleansing my face. I would wash really good, dry it off really well and instead of using toner- i would use just plain milk. I let it sit for 5mins or so, and then I would rinse it off, and apply my night cream (i did this before bed, and only once or twice per week). Like many other things, I saw reviews/message boards on yogurt masks. I went out and got plain and lemon greek yogurt. I used the plain one first- just like I did with the milk- washed my face, applied the yogurt... left it on for a bit longer than the milk- maybe 20-25mins. I washed it off, applied my night cream and i was set. A few days later, I took the same steps and tried the mask with lemon added. I thought this would be awesome because i had good luck with the milk treatments AND for the last 6 months I have been using plain squeezed lemons to help with shrinking pores, and fading dark spots on my face. The lemon greek yogurt was like combining two products that have really worked for me. I absolutley loved it. I really liked the lemon, but I didnt notice too much of a difference between the plain vs. the lemon when it came to hydrating, toning and making my skin silky and soft. I use both of them, whichever I have on hand, and have been for the last 2 months. I have had success and I would reccomend this to anyone, who is looking for a product to nourish your skin, re-hydrate it, and give it that glow that your skin may lack. I also love the fact that I know exactly what ingredients are in it, obviously you eat yogurt- so there is no harsh chemicals. If you have sensitive skin- this should be your go-to (unless your allergic to dairy, of course). Loved it <3 I will continue to use this weekly and keep it as a part of my skin care regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One word: Fantastic.

I have combination skin, but this type of skin still needs its moisture, especially considering the harsh air-conditioned rooms I lounge in all day. To see if your skin needs moisture (even when it is not visibly peeling or flaking), tip: Use your fingers to gently push your skin. If fine lines appear, your skin is dehydrated and needs a boost.

My nose is peeling for reasons I know not, despite the laneige sleeping mask and hyaluroic acid toner (all very moisturising). So it happened that I had plain yogurt in the fridge and I was hungry.

I like my yogurt not too sweet, so I mixed about a teaspoon of New Zealand Multiflora honey with three heaping soup spoonfuls of yogurt. Guaranteed more went into my mouth than my face, but it was definitely enough - ten minutes later, I washed off with Hada Labo Tamagohada cleanser, and hello there soft skin! (Note: you can wash off with plain water, I prefer to use cleanser because I found that yogurt leaves behind this somewhat greasy texture - basically, how your hand feels when you dunk it in whipped cream and wash off with plain water.) I have scaly, rough skin on my neck due to eczema and irritation, but after the yogurt treatment, it is hydrated and smooth now! However, if you have open wounds or broken skin, it would definitely be wiser not to smear anything aside from medication onto the area. I did go ahead anyway, but caution should be exercised.

It's amazing. I have those annoying blackheads by my nose near my cheeks, and yogurt has somehow managed to make them look clear. The pores have shrunk a little. And one day later, my skin is as soft as ever. Do give yogurt a try, if it doesn't work, well, it goes great with granola, honey and cinnamon. A healthy and tasty snack. And that as a toppin atop some wholemeal crackers? Delicious, my friends!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

I have acne-prone skin but it's sensitive and sometimes prone to dryness and using Greek yoghurt in particular is a good, cheap cleansing and moisturising mask. Didn't really break me out surprisingly. Most people seem to be mixing their yoghurt masks with other things but my skin does fine with the yoghurt alone. Sometimes I put honey or oatmeal but it doesn't really make a big difference so I don't bother. Whether you have dry, normal, acne-prone, sensitive, oily or whatever skin, I highly recommend doing the yoghurt mask. Since its pretty cheap, what have you got to lose if it turns out that it doesn't work for you? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by hershieowef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i follow bubzbeauty's tutorial on the chocolate mask which consists of 3 ingredients: honey, cocoa powder, and yogurt. THE BEST MASK EVER. best feeling (if you get the consistency right, it shouldnt be runny, and after a while it will really "hold on" to your skin), best tasting (lol), best smelling, most gentle, most moisturizing, cooling, mask that brightens your skin instantly after you rinse it off, and heals active pimples. non-comedogenic and natural, it's safe for everyone.
if you wanna watch the video tutorial:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by xshado

I use a greek yogurt to brighten, mosturize and tone my face.
Gosh, it does wonders!
I love anything that would brighten up my face!

This mask works so much better like this:
Honey (organic/raw)
2-3 squeezes of lemon
smashed strawberries

This mask is just amazing!
Honey to moisturize and strawberries for anti-oxidants
Yogurt is really good for your face, hair and body. (plain/greek yogurt)
It can help you fight against acne, prevent premature aging, it gets rid of dead skins and tightens pores, can help discoloration and if you have a sunburn just apply yogurt.

Another face mask:
Yogurt
Table spoon of olive oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by carabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am late on this bandwagon. I eat Greek yogurt everyday for breakfast, so I had a tub in my fridge. I am acne-prone, with generally 2-3 active zits, and plenty of old blemish marks. Began using this about ten days ago at least once daily ( I work weird hours so I usually have time for morning and night), and I am thrilled. I mix 1 tsp full fat Greek yogurt with a drizzle (1/2 tsp) honey and a slight squeeze of lemon and I have not had any new blemishes. It is very moisturizing, leaving your skin silky smooth. I guess I should note I leave it on about 10 minutes then rinse off.

I think the key with this for me is that the acid in the yogurt and lemon exfoliate without any irritation. Irritation is what breaks me out. It has removed most of the redness in my face. I don't need a moisturizer after this, and I am generally pretty dry.

I am going to continue with this and see what happens. I really want to emphasize the point that irritation (harsh scrubs!!) facilitates the development of acne on a lot of folks, and non-irritating exfoliation has been the key for me, a nearly 15 year sufferer of acne, to even close to clear skin. Ditch your apricot scrubs and try it. Cheap as Dale too.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by LuckyCoffee

It's my fourth week of using Yogurt as a daily facial mask, I mix:
1 tbsp of yogurt
1 tsp of oatmeal
1 tsp of white rice flour.

This combination has worked wonders in evening out my skin tone as well as improving the texture of my skin. I leave it on for 30 minutes nightly before bed.

I have to admit though, I was about to abandon the whole thing 2 weeks into it as my skin got worse, there were more bumps on my skin and I started to get new pimples but I kept at it and now I realize, my skin was purging. The purging is still happening BUT the pimples seem to go away quietly and I am seeing general improvements. The blackheads are subsiding and the bumps are disappearing and as I mentioned before my skin tone is starting to even out, I'm sure the oatmeal and white rice flour have a lot to do with this as well.

I also had a major cystic acne jerk on my chin for the last couple of months and it was not going away, but slowly but surely, this concoction is finally fading the dark brown ugliness under my skin and bringing the sucker to its head where hopefully it can disappear forever.

I am going to continue this regiment and hopefully continue to see improvements, will try to post the progress at a later time.

UPDATE: It's been 3 month of using this mask daily and it has transformed my skin. I am no longer purging! It has refined my pores and reduced the number of blackheads on my nose. The whiteheads are taking a little longer to disappear but I definitely have seen an improvement. There also has been an overall improvement in the tone and evenness of my skin. I am addicted to this mask, no matter how tired I am or busy I am, I make sure I do it before bed because it's so worth it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No