November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by linuxgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this even more than my Montagne Jeuneusse masks. I use low fat probiotic yogurt, and strain it with a coffee filter and dab with a paper towel to get it to a thicker consistency that stays put. I add a dollop of honey for moisture and let it do its work for 20 minutes or so before I shower.

My skin before this mask was perpetually flaky, no matter what I did to exfoliate or moisturize. I also have some facial seborrhoic dermatitis that causes rawness and redness in my nasal and labial folds. Both conditions have improved remarkably. I think it's due to a combination of the AHA's in yogurt, and the probiotic/anti-bad-biotic properties of the yogurt and honey going to work on the seb derm.

Give yogurt a try if you really want to know what it's like to be glowing. The silky smooth feeling of your skin afterward just really can't be beat, and makeup goes on so much smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by auiyee

I heard of using yogurt as a facial mask through a couple of youtubers who swear by it. The first time I used it, I didn't give it enough time to work its magic. Furthermore, I used it when my pores were so congested with gunk. So I decided a new tack.

A week after a facial and using a salicylic acid peel, I started using yogurt every other day. And man, oh man, IT WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER!!

A month after, my pores aren't as congested as they used to be. I do not have as much breakouts around that time of the month. I usually have six or more pimples and cysts lounging around my face. But now, I only have one cyst on my nose that has been there since forever and two small pimples. Plus, my any hyperpigmentations have lightened and my skin feels so soft!

I have gotten compliments from people about how bright and glowing my skin looks. I feel much more confident. Yogurt is definitely a wonderful adjunct therapy to all the other products I use on my face.

I use the Fage one --- full fat and plain.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by kalneshia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi everyone, so i have oily skin, i only break out when im stressed or my hormones are unbalanced mess. But now i realised after a series of antibiotics for about 10 months ,i have destroyed my healthy gut and upset my hormones and hence i am breaking out. I have heard many tails of using yogurt has a mask so i did a little research ( i done use anything without research) and i must say i am quite impresses. Yogurt contains many vitamins and a AHA which is called Lactic acid, Lactic acid has many benefits for the skin, it mainly exfoliates your skin, slouging off all the dead skin on the superfiscal layer of our skin and thus revealing the softer skin underneath, when you remove the dead skin you are allowing your skin to not get clogged has rapidly has it would if you had not removed it. so the likehood of a breakout decreases. But bear this in mind, ANY ANY method of rapid exfoilation on the skin, ( especially if you have acne prone skin or skin that is actively breaking out due to other bodily issues etc ) you will have a purging pharse of breakouts, because we have several layers in our skins sturture, you are removing a layer at a time, so if you have underlaying pimples in those layers , it is going to reveal itself after exfoliation...you get my point for the reason for the purging. Purging is good people, its a good thing, because it means you are rapidly cleaning your skin removing the pimples in the various layers.

so my point......wait for the yogurt to work..it can take a few weeks to a few months to see results...but in time you will see the benefits of using a yogurt mask..

I do a mini spa face treat for my skin 3 times a week.

How to do a mini face spa treat: well i like to start off wasking my face with a normal cleanser (i use garnier pure active gel cleanser) and thereafter i exfoilate with my Nimue Exfoliating gel which is fab has it prepares my skin for the penetration of the yogurt , and then once i have done that , i apply the yogurt ( organic low fat yogurt ) directly onto my dry skin and leave it on for 15 min or more, once im done with that i then wash it off and dry my skin again and because my skin nicely exfoliated i then out some raw honey on last to be a antibacterial agent to my new softer exposed skin, killing bacteria

i have been doing this routine 3 times a week and it works...my breakouts are reducing in size and frequency...its been 7 weeks and it looking better

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Challenysc

Amazing, amazing and amazing! I unintentionally learned about this simple and cheap mask when I was reading reviews for a particular mask and it was listed at the right side bar as top rated mask. Almost 3 hundreds reviews and yet it still gets rated 4.5! Must be something I should not miss out! Since then I have been using plain yogurt + honey + lemon juice regularly (from daily to every other day to now weekly). I must say that it's magic! I am very prone to clogged pores which by far I still could not figure out what is the culprit (I suspected aloe vera gel containing alcohol, sunscreen or simply the tap water is too dirty) and therefore I am very acne prone too. I usually have a lot of red scars and bumps on my cheeks but yogurt is the certainly the savior. There are noticeable reductions in redness on my post inflammatory scars and bumps get lesser! I strongly recommend this combination:
- plain/greek yogurt (I personally prefer normal plain one as it takes times to cleanse greek yogurt which I find it troublesome) for its lactic acid exfoliation
- honey for its antiseptic and moisturizing effects
- lemon for scar reducing and brightening
Mix well and apply on face for ~ 15 - 20 minutes. Before you rinse/cleanse it off gently rub (I mean real gentle. You don't want to irritate your skin) the dried yogurt. You will see white bits coming out (that's not your dead skin cells, it's just yogurt residue) like you exfoliate. Then only rinse thoroughly. Make sure you there is no any bits of yogurt sitting on your cleansed face! Try it, you gotta love how cheap, simple yet magical and effective it is! ;)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this mask for three days. I have really sensitive skin, and was hoping to clear some of my acne by using this mask. Now I'm broken out in a lot of small whiteheads :( I think the lactic acid in the yogurt may have been too strong for my skin type, or maybe it just clogged my pores. Either way, I won't be trying this again :P

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I'm giving this 4 lippies at the moment because its cheap, it feels nice when you put the cool yogurt on, and so far, I've only done it once but I'm starting to see a difference! My pale skin looks less sickly and a few pimples I have are looking much less red! I only gave it 4 because its a little hard to get off, but it will definitely gain back that little lippie if I keep seeing results, as I am DEFINITELY going to try this again!
I'll update later, thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the latter probably worked a bit better for me and it's damn easy to make. Not messy at all. I don't think this works miracles BUT my skin lately has kinda gone haywire.Just switched to a new skincare routine and a few days o crazy eating habits which are back to normal (but not my skin! ANYway, I agree this does reduce redness and I have a new pimple which was coming up just near my mouth and when I took this mask off it had come to a head(which is both good cos it will get better sooner but bad cos it's saturday night!

People have mentioned this helps with their blackheads & little bumps but so far I haven't. It DOES make your skin lovely and smooth. I will repurchase and continue mixing it up because I believe this stuff is just as good as some of the expensive masks out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by JenuineArticle2013

Have been using a plain natural yogurt mask on my face regularly for the last month after reading positive reviews on MUA.

I have to say this mask leaves skin very soft and has also helped with blemishes. I cleanse my face, apply the yogurt and leave it to dry (about an hour) and then wash off with lukewarm water. Skin feels smoother and softer and more radiant overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It saved my skin from a disaster. Now I am a believer!!!

I want my skin tone to be more even so I tried some cream to get rid of discoloration and lighten the dark spots. The first three days, my skin was looking a little better then I started getting rashes and dry patches. It got really serious, it hurt when I stretched/moved my face. It stung no matter what product I put on my face to moisturize the dry patches. Nothing I could do to save it. I was like "what I have done to myself? I ruined my skin because of my vanity" I regretted trying stupid products on my skin. My skin was alright before this incident, a little discoloration here and there but they were light enough that you wouldn't pay attention or stare at them.

Then I thought, why not just put yogurt on my face to calm the skin down and add moisture to it. I used to do yogurt mask. I remember it always brightened my face instantly and made it so soft. But I didn't bother to do it often because I thought once you stop doing it, the skin goes back to be dull, the good effect is only temporary. Silly me! What product isn't like that? You stop using any cream, your skin will be dull again because we are aging everyday, duh.

So I used the yogurt mask (just yogurt, nothing else, cuz I am lazy), the first day, it instantly cleared up 50% of the dry patches. My skin was no longer itchy. The rest of the rough patches were not as dry as before. Then the second day after using yogurt mask, wow, only 5 % of the dry patches left (around my mouth) and they are not even that dry. My skin is saved.

I think I am going to continue using yogurt mask routinely for the rest of my life. It's so cheap. I don't have to waste money on useless cream no more. I will probably try to find only one day cream just for harsh winter or spf reason, cuz you can't do yogurt mask in the morning right before you go out, too time-consuming and people can smell rotten milk on you.

Now, the secrets are in the details. Not all yogurt products are the same, and we all have different skins. Find a plain yogurt product that suits your skin type. If your skin breaks out, then use nonfat. I tried plain yogurt with fat before, I got a little tiny breakout. Not that bad. Then I used nonfat, no breakout what so ever. This time, I used probiotic plain yogurt with fat in it, it didn't break me out. I guess my skin was too dry this time. No, I didn't use Greek yogurt, so it's a little running. But I am not rushing out of the door to buy Greek yogurt either, cuz there's no guarantee it would suit my skin type. But I will experiment next week when I get another jar of yogurt.

I had tried to add oatmeal in yogurt before. It's messier and harder to clean. I don't think it made a big difference than just using yogurt alone. So I will only use yogurt alone now, cuz it's like easier 1 2 3 to apply and clean, I am more likely to commit to the routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Amritak

I must first say a big thank u to all the MUA's who always take the time to write a review.
I went through a very rough patch since last year, when I first developed acne.
I have never ever had acne before and then suddenly I started to develop closed comedones on my cheeks and eventually they turned into nasty cysts that were red and inflamed.
I was left with depression as this was the first time i ever had to deal with acne!
And it was tormenting to walk out when everyone i know notices it as i have never had anything on my face before, and everyone asks " what happened to ur face".. It was the worst months of my life, i started to stay more at home than go out,
This is to everyone who is going through a rough time with acne and acne scars. It its temporary and it will pass by.
I have now overcome the acne issue and addressing acne scars (Pink and red marks)
And now for the review for yougurt mask

This has been my life saver... I use full fat yougurt(greek yougurt) tablespoon... with a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of chikpea flour (Besan flour)....
I have done this daily.. kept it on my face for about 1 hour everyday.. followed by green tea toner.
I use this regularly, and I have watched my acne scars disappear each day...

Please try this.. I have tried everything under the sun!! EVERYTHING! and this is the only thing that has actually proven to help.
I hope this helps u as much as it has helped me gain my confidence back..
God Bless u all