September 19, 2014 | 1166 users online

Body Scrubs - DERMAdoctor - KP Duty Exfoliating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. I don't know yet if I will repurchase due to the high cost but it does do a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jamiturchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good scrub for those who have Keratosis Pilaris (I have the alba version which is rough, bumpy skin with no red irritation). It contains glycolic acid which breaks down the over produced keratosis and extra skin buildup around the hair follicles. This scrub acts as a chemical peel and microdermabrasion session in one, giving you a good medi-exfoliation. I have used many different scrubs and they are NOT all created equal. You cannot just buy a regular scrub and expect it to work. I use it at least three times a week and always follow up with the lotion. I also use the lotion on a daily basis. My KP is under control and almost unnoticeable. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has KP. But please note you must be diligent with it, staying on top of it is the only way to get the smooth arms you want!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is an unscented (quite an anomaly) creamy scrub. The scrub particles are some kind of silica or something that won't melt away like salt or sugar will. This isn't moisturizing but it does leave my upper arms feeling smooth.

I wouldn't repurchase, though. I can buy scrubs that do the same thing, just as well, and for much, much cheaper. Or I can just scrub away with a loofah mitt and get the same results. If you have KP, you don't need special products, just get into an exfoliating + moisturizing routine: scrub in the shower (with any scrub, or a loofah), use a glycolic acid lotion (like AmLactin) at night and a good moisturizer during the day (I like body oils) and you'll be smooth. This stuff is a total marketing scam.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by shuggie

Pricey, but it works. I have those "chicken skin" bumps on my upper arms. I noticed a difference the first time I used it. I put on my Sephora Body Whipped Body Butter afterwards and my skin was so soft. This product exceeded my expectations, and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jules007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great in conjunction with KP Duty to combat "chicken skin" KP bumps and dry rough skin. Subtracted 1ippie because of the packaging. It seems more sanitary and easier to use if it were in a convenient tube format.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have Keratosis Pilaris (KP) otherwise known as chicken skin. I really don't know why the previous review would review this scrub if they didn't have this common skin condition (it's like little redish bumps that are just accumulations of the skin around hair shafts...it's not symptomatic in any way, just not nice and smooth looking like skin that doesn't have KP)...Apparently 50% of americans have some form of it and I guess that makes me feel a bit better, but I hate when someone says 'oh your skin feels ROUGH!' or 'what are those bumps'! ugh....until now, NO solution...I've used EVERY exfoliation product under the sun. This exfoliator is AMAZING for people with this condition....after just ONE use, it completely make my skin smooth....Although it didn't take away ALL the redness from the bumps, it definitely smoothed out the bumPINESS from the surface of my skin...I'll take ANY improvement since nothing until now has been able to help!!! Now, this is after ONE use...i'm sure it'll just get better if these results are so instant....For anyone with KP or chicken skin, use this scrub, then follow with the KP body lotion for the line...together, it is a GREAT combo to subdue the condition...it will never fully go away, but this is an HG for people like me. I compare this to the HG foot cream by DDF...it really gets rid of roughness overnight. APPLICATION TIPS: wet your skin, put it on and really work it in...don't be afraid of rubbing...that's what gets the bumps to go away...the more you work it in, the better the results...afterwards, pat dry and follow with their lotion. Awesome results.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2006 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

About 2 years ago, I discovered LATHER bamboo scrub. It was expensive so I spent years looking for a substitute. I found artisan naturals, which is an exact copy and cheaper but decided I didn't like the bamboo. I have spent the last 6 months looking for a replacement scrub. I am back to the LATHER/Artisan Naturals and I am happy. (You can find either on ebay under the search "bamboo scrub")

Because I have used the foaming bamboo scrub, I know this scrub (KP Duty) is subpar. It doesn't scrub well at all and, if I had a medical skin condition, I could pretty much guess that it would not help.

If you want a heavy duty yet gentle scrub, you should try a bamboo scrub. This scrub (KP Duty) costs $44.00 and I was not impressed and, because I wasn't impressed, I was cursing each time I used this scrub in the shower. I highly advise you to reconsider paying $44.00 for a subpar scrub.