DERMAdoctor KP Duty Exfoliating Scrub

4.4

on 1/29/2008 1:38:00 PM

This scrub is loaded with polyethylene beads and chemical exfoliators (glycolic and lactic acid). For best results, I will spend 1-2 minutes on an area and use it daily for a week or two and then every other day. I definitely need to use something else with this product to get results. I like to swipe my skin with a 2% BHA toner and then apply Glytone 17.5% glycolic acid body lotion on top. This combination works for me if used consistently. If I get lax on doing this routine my bumps return. Comes in a huge 16 oz tub for $44. Does this work better than an average body scrub? I think it does in that this contains a lot of scrubbing beads. But you could easily make a sugar or salt scrub at home and get similar results if you are using other products designed for KP.

on 11/22/2007 8:09:00 PM

This is a chemical peel and physical medi-exfoliation product for the body. I use it on hands, legs and arms. It is AWESOME!!! By far the best scrub I have used. I get very dry body skin in the winter and this takes off dead skin and leaves my skin soft. I am a nurse and wash my hands constantly and this is wonderful on my hands. Holy Grail for me!

on 11/15/2007 4:36:00 AM

I really like this. I don't know yet if I will repurchase due to the high cost but it does do a great job.

on 9/27/2007 10:18:00 AM

This is a very good scrub for those who have Keratosis Pilaris (I have the alba version which is rough, bumpy skin with no red irritation). It contains glycolic acid which breaks down the over produced keratosis and extra skin buildup around the hair follicles. This scrub acts as a chemical peel and microdermabrasion session in one, giving you a good medi-exfoliation. I have used many different scrubs and they are NOT all created equal. You cannot just buy a regular scrub and expect it to work. I use it at least three times a week and always follow up with the lotion. I also use the lotion on a daily basis. My KP is under control and almost unnoticeable. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has KP. But please note you must be diligent with it, staying on top of it is the only way to get the smooth arms you want!

on 9/24/2007 10:26:00 PM

This is an unscented (quite an anomaly) creamy scrub. The scrub particles are some kind of silica or something that won't melt away like salt or sugar will. This isn't moisturizing but it does leave my upper arms feeling smooth.

I wouldn't repurchase, though. I can buy scrubs that do the same thing, just as well, and for much, much cheaper. Or I can just scrub away with a loofah mitt and get the same results. If you have KP, you don't need special products, just get into an exfoliating + moisturizing routine: scrub in the shower (with any scrub, or a loofah), use a glycolic acid lotion (like AmLactin) at night and a good moisturizer during the day (I like body oils) and you'll be smooth. This stuff is a total marketing scam.

on 8/4/2007 6:13:00 PM

Pricey, but it works. I have those "chicken skin" bumps on my upper arms. I noticed a difference the first time I used it. I put on my Sephora Body Whipped Body Butter afterwards and my skin was so soft. This product exceeded my expectations, and I'd definitely repurchase.

on 4/14/2007 10:08:00 PM

This is great in conjunction with KP Duty to combat "chicken skin" KP bumps and dry rough skin. Subtracted 1ippie because of the packaging. It seems more sanitary and easier to use if it were in a convenient tube format.

on 2/5/2007 1:54:00 PM

I have Keratosis Pilaris (KP) otherwise known as chicken skin. I really don't know why the previous review would review this scrub if they didn't have this common skin condition (it's like little redish bumps that are just accumulations of the skin around hair shafts...it's not symptomatic in any way, just not nice and smooth looking like skin that doesn't have KP)...Apparently 50% of americans have some form of it and I guess that makes me feel a bit better, but I hate when someone says 'oh your skin feels ROUGH!' or 'what are those bumps'! ugh....until now, NO solution...I've used EVERY exfoliation product under the sun. This exfoliator is AMAZING for people with this condition....after just ONE use, it completely make my skin smooth....Although it didn't take away ALL the redness from the bumps, it definitely smoothed out the bumPINESS from the surface of my skin...I'll take ANY improvement since nothing until now has been able to help!!! Now, this is after ONE use...i'm sure it'll just get better if these results are so instant....For anyone with KP or chicken skin, use this scrub, then follow with the KP body lotion for the line...together, it is a GREAT combo to subdue the condition...it will never fully go away, but this is an HG for people like me. I compare this to the HG foot cream by DDF...it really gets rid of roughness overnight. APPLICATION TIPS: wet your skin, put it on and really work it in...don't be afraid of rubbing...that's what gets the bumps to go away...the more you work it in, the better the results...afterwards, pat dry and follow with their lotion. Awesome results.

on 9/16/2006 7:00:00 PM

About 2 years ago, I discovered LATHER bamboo scrub. It was expensive so I spent years looking for a substitute. I found artisan naturals, which is an exact copy and cheaper but decided I didn't like the bamboo. I have spent the last 6 months looking for a replacement scrub. I am back to the LATHER/Artisan Naturals and I am happy. (You can find either on ebay under the search "bamboo scrub")

Because I have used the foaming bamboo scrub, I know this scrub (KP Duty) is subpar. It doesn't scrub well at all and, if I had a medical skin condition, I could pretty much guess that it would not help.

If you want a heavy duty yet gentle scrub, you should try a bamboo scrub. This scrub (KP Duty) costs $44.00 and I was not impressed and, because I wasn't impressed, I was cursing each time I used this scrub in the shower. I highly advise you to reconsider paying $44.00 for a subpar scrub.