December 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I avoided this for so long because of the colour in the pan. I have a yellow skin tone and thought this would be stark white and make me look like a glowing alien. Plus, I own a few NARS blushes and I can't say I'm crazy about them or anything.

Being a bit obsessed with highlighters though - I finally tried it on the back of my hand last month and was stunned - it's SO smooth and beautiful!! So I bought it right away, and couldn't wait to wear it. It looks white but comes off on my skin a very pale golden yellow pearlescent shimmer once blended, no big tacky glitter. The texture is buttery soft, not gritty at all. Applies so easily and is very pigmented so apply with a light hand and build it up if needed. I love that it didn't erase all my blush or foundation and didn't get patchy, it just meshed with my skin unbelievably well and looked flawless. Even hours later it's still there. I use this daily now, just a tiny bit on the top of my cheekbones or brow bone underneath some setting powder, for a more subtle sheen. This looks so natural, soft and pretty on my skin, it's now my HG highlighting powder and I'm annoyed I waited this long to try it out. I can't recommend this highly enough!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I dislike about this product is the matte rubbery packaging. It's good quality but it gets dirty really fast. As for the product, it's a bright satin white with golden undertones. It's absolutely gorgeous and my most favourite face highlighter. The powder lasts forever as well so it's priced really well as I only have to buy it about once a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially I loved this but now I don't anymore. I really hate the sheen this gives me. I love the healthy golden glow, but this one seems to make me look sick. I just got TheBalm Mary Lou-manizer and that one def gives a nice healthy glow. I'm about to hit pan on this and won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Biutifly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW, I look flawless!!! I can't stop looking in the mirror, I glow and I look so young, well younger :-) I also wear Orgasm blush and the combo looks amazing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

First time out the gate using this product I was not very sucessful and banished it to the back of my drawer. That two years ago. Now that I'm much more educated in the art of make-up application I decided to use this the other day. What a huge difference self-education can do. First off one cannot be heavy handed with this as its very pigmented. I apply it along my cheekbones before I use my setting powder to kinda give it that diffused look. What a huge difference it makes. I use my Ecotools kabuki brush to apply. Now that it is heading into fall I definitely plan on ultilizing more often to give me that glow to brighten up the gloomy days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by AmberValentijn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this highlighter, allthough it's very visible on the skin. If you're looking for an subtle highlighter, I don't think you would really like Albatross. On the other hand; if you're looking for an extroardinary glow and highlighter that will really create those Kim Kardashian cheekbones, Albatross is perfect for you! It's golden/yellow tones are perfect for any skintype, allthough I think this highlighter is even more beautifull on a olive/caramel skin tone! This really is my alltime favourite highlighter.

I like to use it on my cheekbones, inner corner of my eyes and right underneath my brows, to create that celebrity glam look! Look no further, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't like Albatross.

It's too bad NARS is very expensive here in Europe and unfortunatly not in stores available in Holland. So every time I'm in a city like Paris I buy myself some Nars luxury goodies :).

This highlighter is perfect for:
-Someone who really likes a polished/golden look.
-Someone who likes a visible highlighter.

This highlighter is not so perfect for:
-Someone who's just looking for a very subtle highlighter.
-Someone who likes more silver-looking highlighter instead of gold

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Daliladida

Absolutely LOVE this highlighter. Albatross is my favourite by far. The texture is gorgeous and the best way I could describe the pigment is strong but opaque. You only need a tiny bit on your brush to transfer to your face and it gives a really beautiful healthy shimmer making your cheek bones look sky high. If I am doing a heavier makeup I also like to apply this very lightly down my t-zone. I can't emphasise LIGHTLY enough as I notice a lot of girls tend to apply way too much highlighter defeating the purpose of having a natural and glowing finish!

The price for NARS products are expensive but I've had my Albatross for AGES and still have heaps left after using it almost every day.
I absolutely love NARS packaging except for the fact that the cases do tend to pick up smears quite easily - e.g. if I've just done my foundation and have excess on my fingers it's hard to clean off NARS casing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glamorous blush, I love this. Ive written a review on their blushes and i dont like them their lasting power sucks. Although their highlighter is so nice!, its a yellow tone with suttle gold shimmer. Its so nice for nighttime because it looks so dewy. I havnt had one problem with it and i would recommend it for all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this highlighter! I tried the E.L.F. dupe and swatched the Sephora dupe and neither compare to the real thing. It is a soft focus golden light. Blends like a dream. Makes a great eyeshadow for neutral makeup days too. Worth every penny. I dont know how you would ever run out. If your on the fence, I suggest you get it. The hype was right!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Itsmelush

Love love love love love this product! I love highlighters and spent so much money going through so many different brands and colors until I finally found THE ONE! It gives my face the perfect glow and I Love love love it! Can't say I love it enough! Best highligter I have ever purchased!