October 22, 2014 | 900 users online

Bronzers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sculpting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by djkroo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

One word - AMAZING. Hands down absolutely the best sculpting powder out there. Not orange, no glimmer/shimmer, very slightly grey undertone - exactly as the shades of the skin.
I also use it as an eye shadow and I have to say my eyelids are picky. Whenever I would attempt to put any other powder on my lids, I would feel a slight burning. This is not the case. It provides you with very natural shade.
Will I buy that again? Hell yeah, this is a very very good investment!
I would take one lippie off, because of the brush it comes with, but the product is too good to just down it because of the brush. The bristles on it is a bit too rough and it scratches powder a bit making a room for "too much" mistake. However,if you have a Givenchy Prism Again bronzer powder that you do not use any longer, the brush it comes with is much alike and much softer and it fits into the KA Sculpting powder box, just put it in VERTICALLY, so the bristles face the powder and then it fits perfectly :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by soitgoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I've never used powders for contouring my face before. However, after seeing how it can give the face more of a dimensional look, I decided to go for this one (Lisa Eldridge is a fan). As Lisa states, there isn't much of an orange-y pigment in this powder which is great. Furthermore, the color of the powder mimics the color of shadows very well. I don't use this product with the brush included with the powder--I use a tapered blush brush to apply. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by mardelmar

This is the best contour product I have tried in my whole life. It's subtle and disappears into the skin, looking like the natural shadow of your bones. Its very expensive and you cant find it on my country stores (I live in an European country, sorry for my poor English) so I have to buy it in an English online shop. I pay 53 euros for it, but it worth every euro.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by swhandamari

Can't live without this product. Hides my double chin very well. I gain 10 kgs after labor, but my face remains slim thanks to the illusion this sculpting powder creates!
FYI i am asian 35 yo, MAC NC30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by michelle888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my all-time favorite beauty tricks! I have high-ish cheekbones but they kind of blend into my roundish face. I have tried millions of bronzers, brown eyeshadows, darker foundation and powder than my skintone. . . .all look clownish and very obvious. Not this incredibly ingenious powder! It is a neutral brown/taupe-brown color and comes in one shade I believe, "Medium," and with a light hand can magically sculpt bone structure like Angelina Jolie! Totally makes cheekbones pop and strong jaws. I have a thin nose, so I don't need to use it there, but I've heard it's great for sculpting that area too. WELL worth the price, just a gorgeous finely milled powder, the perfect sculpting color (blows Mac sculpt powders out of the water as this has no signs of red in it) and can totally transform the structure of your face! A+++++!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Previously, I have been using countless bronzers and face powders a few shades darker than my own to contour my face. I am Asian and have a quintessentially prominent jawline with little cheekbone definition so I sorely needed something to sculpt my face.. especially in photos where my face would look like a moon at times. I wanted that super contoured look that I see in fashion spreads where the models would have hollow shadows under their cheekbones. I was never completely satisfied with the look achieved by bronzers and powders. A good sculpting powder needs to achieve the look of shadows and that requires the perfect harmonization of reds, browns, and grays. Bronzers will more often than not just make me look tanner and darker face powders were a bit better but didn't quite sculpt me.

This product completely changed everything! I love love love it. It really gives the look of shadows and for the first time in my life I have real definition in my face lol. I have since turned so many of my gfs onto it of all diff skintones and coloring and they are addicted as well. When I take photos especially I really see the difference. I even got asked if I lost weight when I was wearing it once :)

I give it a five for the actual product but I hate the packaging. For the price.. I would think that KA would have better looking packaging- it is cheap looking, plastic, and ugly and the brush that comes with it is absolutely useless. You cannot possibly do any contouring with it. You need to buy a separate small contouring brush to use with it so I hate how it makes the packaging bigger for no reason. I would highly recommend this product to ANYONE. Run to go buy this. You will love it!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I bought this product. I am always on the hunt for "sculpting powders" after I lost my LE MAC sculpt and shade duo; and some colours just don't work that well for sculpting - they have too much pigment and will not look natural when trying to create shadows on the face. I tried this in Space NK and the SA applied under my cheek bones with the sponge contained in the product. It is so subtle. At first I could barely see it but when I stood back from the mirror, it looked so natural. She said its because the pigment is sheer and contains the natural colours found in skin to mimic the effects of shadows in the skin. I use it on the cheekbones and also down the sides of the nose to create a slimmer nose. It is such a good idea and I love the slim red packaging. I got a5 off this on the NDulge card from Space NK so that was an added bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely HG status. This is the only sculpting powder I've found that isn't glittery, shimmery or orange like a cheap bronzer. It's a perfect brown shade, blends well and looks very natural when applied, accentuating the natural shadows of the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mirandatothemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This contouring powder works pretty well, but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. I think I have enough to last a while until I can try a new brand! It contours well and creates nice shadows where you want them, but it's very subtle and I feel like when I use as much as I need to create the contour, it becomes muddy by the end of the day. I think this product would be ideal for people with already prominent contour lines to enhance them because it is a fairly light product. It's a good product, but I won't be spending another $43 on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far this is the best "sculpting" powder I've used. I try to make the tip of my nose slimmer and this color is so natural and "cool" looking. People who've tried to slim their nose w makeup will know that usually these products are reddish which ends up bringing more attention to that area, this is nothing like that. Also very good on cheeks etc but because of the price I'll just use it on my nose

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No