Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

First things first, the packaging is really crap and plasticy so be prepared for that.
I personally prefer really nice packaging but i can get over it for this product. Very silky, not hugely pigmented (but for the use of this product that is a good thing), and very blend able. The only product i've found that makes my contoured cheekbones look natural.

on 1/6/2013 8:29:00 AM

Parabens, talc, silicone. If you're happy with these ingredients in your cosmetics and on your face, and you're after an excellent sculpting powder, then you've found it with this proffering from Kevin Aucoin.

Exceptionally light and perfectly pigmented formula. The result: easily achievable, professional-looking contouring application.

Unfortunately (actually, fortunately), trying to avoid parabens, talc and silicone, so had to pass on this (post-purchase, I should say)!

on 12/26/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been looking for a contouring/sculpting product for so long now..and have bought many duds along the way.. which i made do with but were far from perfect. some of these products were: Nars laguna, Benefit Hoola, Chanel bronze universel, MAC sculpt and shape, MAC blunt etc...where as all these are great products, most of them are used best as bronzers and did not contour well enough for me and my needs - the reason for this was because the contour just did not look natural, mainly due to the colour looking unnatural and 'orangey' - then i read about KA sculpting powder, and i am EXTREMELY pleased largely due to the ashy tone that no other contour seems to provide..this colour Perfectly EMULATES a natural shadow..and thats why this is my winning fave contour.. the only way this product could be better for me is if KA were to release a cream version also to suit skins that take better to creams than powders. this is a best buy, sure to be a holy grail :)

on 10/9/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't see it. It's far too light and thin. Not blendable. Cost me a week's food money and I could cry. I bought this purely on the reviews on MUA. I'm now noticing that some KA reviews are written by the same person, pretending to be different people. Look specially at the 300 almost reviews for sensual skin. Then look at 'lowest ratings first'. A real shocker. I think it's a scam, at least in part.

on 8/17/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

One word - AMAZING. Hands down absolutely the best sculpting powder out there. Not orange, no glimmer/shimmer, very slightly grey undertone - exactly as the shades of the skin.
I also use it as an eye shadow and I have to say my eyelids are picky. Whenever I would attempt to put any other powder on my lids, I would feel a slight burning. This is not the case. It provides you with very natural shade.
Will I buy that again? Hell yeah, this is a very very good investment!
I would take one lippie off, because of the brush it comes with, but the product is too good to just down it because of the brush. The bristles on it is a bit too rough and it scratches powder a bit making a room for "too much" mistake. However,if you have a Givenchy Prism Again bronzer powder that you do not use any longer, the brush it comes with is much alike and much softer and it fits into the KA Sculpting powder box, just put it in VERTICALLY, so the bristles face the powder and then it fits perfectly :)

on 8/9/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this product! I've never used powders for contouring my face before. However, after seeing how it can give the face more of a dimensional look, I decided to go for this one (Lisa Eldridge is a fan). As Lisa states, there isn't much of an orange-y pigment in this powder which is great. Furthermore, the color of the powder mimics the color of shadows very well. I don't use this product with the brush included with the powder--I use a tapered blush brush to apply. I would definitely buy it again!

on 6/17/2012 3:14:00 PM

This is the best contour product I have tried in my whole life. It's subtle and disappears into the skin, looking like the natural shadow of your bones. Itīs very expensive and you can’t find it on my country stores (I live in an European country, sorry for my poor English) so I have to buy it in an English online shop. I pay 53 euros for it, but it worth every euro.

on 6/15/2012 8:30:00 AM

Can't live without this product. Hides my double chin very well. I gain 10 kgs after labor, but my face remains slim thanks to the illusion this sculpting powder creates!
FYI i am asian 35 yo, MAC NC30.

on 5/28/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my all-time favorite beauty tricks! I have high-ish cheekbones but they kind of blend into my roundish face. I have tried millions of bronzers, brown eyeshadows, darker foundation and powder than my skintone. . . .all look clownish and very obvious. Not this incredibly ingenious powder! It is a neutral brown/taupe-brown color and comes in one shade I believe, "Medium," and with a light hand can magically sculpt bone structure like Angelina Jolie! Totally makes cheekbones pop and strong jaws. I have a thin nose, so I don't need to use it there, but I've heard it's great for sculpting that area too. WELL worth the price, just a gorgeous finely milled powder, the perfect sculpting color (blows Mac sculpt powders out of the water as this has no signs of red in it) and can totally transform the structure of your face! A+++++!!

on 5/20/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Previously, I have been using countless bronzers and face powders a few shades darker than my own to contour my face. I am Asian and have a quintessentially prominent jawline with little cheekbone definition so I sorely needed something to sculpt my face.. especially in photos where my face would look like a moon at times. I wanted that super contoured look that I see in fashion spreads where the models would have hollow shadows under their cheekbones. I was never completely satisfied with the look achieved by bronzers and powders. A good sculpting powder needs to achieve the look of shadows and that requires the perfect harmonization of reds, browns, and grays. Bronzers will more often than not just make me look tanner and darker face powders were a bit better but didn't quite sculpt me.

This product completely changed everything! I love love love it. It really gives the look of shadows and for the first time in my life I have real definition in my face lol. I have since turned so many of my gfs onto it of all diff skintones and coloring and they are addicted as well. When I take photos especially I really see the difference. I even got asked if I lost weight when I was wearing it once :)

I give it a five for the actual product but I hate the packaging. For the price.. I would think that KA would have better looking packaging- it is cheap looking, plastic, and ugly and the brush that comes with it is absolutely useless. You cannot possibly do any contouring with it. You need to buy a separate small contouring brush to use with it so I hate how it makes the packaging bigger for no reason. I would highly recommend this product to ANYONE. Run to go buy this. You will love it!

Popular Bronzers