Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 4/12/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this!!!! Med olive skin for ref. it allows me to sculpt my face in a subtle but noticeable way. The color is great, really does look like a 'shadow'. Highly recommend!!!

on 2/19/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is super expensive. I plan on trying a cheaper version of a grey toned powder. That said, I do like it, so if I can't find a cheaper version I may continue to splurge on this once in awhile. It isn't some miracle product. There really is not a huge difference when I use this. That said, I do think it helps make my face look just a bit thinner though that could be wishful thinking. It blends well and has the right cast to mimic shadow. Just make sure your face is completely dry (no dampness from moisturizer) when applying or you will end up with a muddy mess.

on 1/22/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm cursed with my father's bulbous tip of a nose, so I'm glad my search for the perfect contour powder has ended. I bought this powder (color:medium) at Barney's for $42. Pretty pricey, but worth every penny. I've tried bronzers, eye shadows, and other contour powders. But the problems I had with previous products were that the color was wrong, end up looking muddy/blotchy on my nose, too pigmented and instead of looking natural I looked like I preparing for a drag show, or it was too shimmery to use on the sides of my nose. This powder is silky, easily bendable, the perfect color that looks natural, and it goes on lightly but is build able. I would definitely repurchase if I ran out but, there's plenty of product and I doubt I'll need to in the near future.

on 1/14/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great contouring powder and I'm not sure why this got labeled in MUA as a bronzer because it's not warm enough. However, on cool-toned people, it might come off as a bronzer, but it's perfect for my warm and light complexion. The texture is butter-smooth and you must take care not to over-apply; it's quite pigmented so start lightly. The brush that comes with the powder is useless, as are most applicators packaged with products. I would repurchase.

First things first, the packaging is really crap and plasticy so be prepared for that.
I personally prefer really nice packaging but i can get over it for this product. Very silky, not hugely pigmented (but for the use of this product that is a good thing), and very blend able. The only product i've found that makes my contoured cheekbones look natural.

on 1/6/2013 8:29:00 AM

Parabens, talc, silicone. If you're happy with these ingredients in your cosmetics and on your face, and you're after an excellent sculpting powder, then you've found it with this proffering from Kevin Aucoin.

Exceptionally light and perfectly pigmented formula. The result: easily achievable, professional-looking contouring application.

Unfortunately (actually, fortunately), trying to avoid parabens, talc and silicone, so had to pass on this (post-purchase, I should say)!

on 12/26/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been looking for a contouring/sculpting product for so long now..and have bought many duds along the way.. which i made do with but were far from perfect. some of these products were: Nars laguna, Benefit Hoola, Chanel bronze universel, MAC sculpt and shape, MAC blunt etc...where as all these are great products, most of them are used best as bronzers and did not contour well enough for me and my needs - the reason for this was because the contour just did not look natural, mainly due to the colour looking unnatural and 'orangey' - then i read about KA sculpting powder, and i am EXTREMELY pleased largely due to the ashy tone that no other contour seems to provide..this colour Perfectly EMULATES a natural shadow..and thats why this is my winning fave contour.. the only way this product could be better for me is if KA were to release a cream version also to suit skins that take better to creams than powders. this is a best buy, sure to be a holy grail :)

on 10/9/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't see it. It's far too light and thin. Not blendable. Cost me a week's food money and I could cry. I bought this purely on the reviews on MUA. I'm now noticing that some KA reviews are written by the same person, pretending to be different people. Look specially at the 300 almost reviews for sensual skin. Then look at 'lowest ratings first'. A real shocker. I think it's a scam, at least in part.

on 8/17/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

One word - AMAZING. Hands down absolutely the best sculpting powder out there. Not orange, no glimmer/shimmer, very slightly grey undertone - exactly as the shades of the skin.
I also use it as an eye shadow and I have to say my eyelids are picky. Whenever I would attempt to put any other powder on my lids, I would feel a slight burning. This is not the case. It provides you with very natural shade.
Will I buy that again? Hell yeah, this is a very very good investment!
I would take one lippie off, because of the brush it comes with, but the product is too good to just down it because of the brush. The bristles on it is a bit too rough and it scratches powder a bit making a room for "too much" mistake. However,if you have a Givenchy Prism Again bronzer powder that you do not use any longer, the brush it comes with is much alike and much softer and it fits into the KA Sculpting powder box, just put it in VERTICALLY, so the bristles face the powder and then it fits perfectly :)

on 8/9/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this product! I've never used powders for contouring my face before. However, after seeing how it can give the face more of a dimensional look, I decided to go for this one (Lisa Eldridge is a fan). As Lisa states, there isn't much of an orange-y pigment in this powder which is great. Furthermore, the color of the powder mimics the color of shadows very well. I don't use this product with the brush included with the powder--I use a tapered blush brush to apply. I would definitely buy it again!

Popular Bronzers