April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Bronzers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sculpting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I bought this product. I am always on the hunt for "sculpting powders" after I lost my LE MAC sculpt and shade duo; and some colours just don't work that well for sculpting - they have too much pigment and will not look natural when trying to create shadows on the face. I tried this in Space NK and the SA applied under my cheek bones with the sponge contained in the product. It is so subtle. At first I could barely see it but when I stood back from the mirror, it looked so natural. She said its because the pigment is sheer and contains the natural colours found in skin to mimic the effects of shadows in the skin. I use it on the cheekbones and also down the sides of the nose to create a slimmer nose. It is such a good idea and I love the slim red packaging. I got aŁ5 off this on the NDulge card from Space NK so that was an added bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely HG status. This is the only sculpting powder I've found that isn't glittery, shimmery or orange like a cheap bronzer. It's a perfect brown shade, blends well and looks very natural when applied, accentuating the natural shadows of the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mirandatothemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This contouring powder works pretty well, but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. I think I have enough to last a while until I can try a new brand! It contours well and creates nice shadows where you want them, but it's very subtle and I feel like when I use as much as I need to create the contour, it becomes muddy by the end of the day. I think this product would be ideal for people with already prominent contour lines to enhance them because it is a fairly light product. It's a good product, but I won't be spending another $43 on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far this is the best "sculpting" powder I've used. I try to make the tip of my nose slimmer and this color is so natural and "cool" looking. People who've tried to slim their nose w makeup will know that usually these products are reddish which ends up bringing more attention to that area, this is nothing like that. Also very good on cheeks etc but because of the price I'll just use it on my nose

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

TEXTURE: Very sheer, super finely-milled and light as gossamer--the opposite of cakey, heavy, grainy drugstore powders. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

COLOR: Pale, neutral brown, slightly taupey. I wanted something really pale and subtle for contouring so I could even use it during the day if I wanted to. This fits the bill perfectly. It's so sheer and natural-looking that it's nearly impossible to overdo it. Gives clean, subtle definition to cheeks, chin, eyes, nose, etc.

FRAGRANCE: None.

PACKAGING: Sleek, slim, rectangular compact in KA's signature glossy wine. Very chic.

PRICE: $42.

REPURCHASE?: Yes, definitely. Despite the expense, this is a very useful item and I haven't come across anything that rivals it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by yuphehe

I have nothing to complain about this product aside from price and packaging quality. This is very expensive for a bronzer like pressed powder, and I am sure there are something out there that does exactly the same thing just as well for half the price, but if price was not a matter, this is the wonderful texture and color. The packaging looks cheap, as in on my vanity, its packaging quality is not comparable to brands like NARs, Shu Uemura etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Had I known about this product, I never would have bought MAC Taupe. Not that I don't like Taupe but this is so much better. I don't know if The Sculpting Powder comes in different shades. I got Medium, which is almost a dead ringer for Taupe. Both are fantastic for contouring but the difference lies in the texture.

The Sculpting Powder is silky smooth and blends beautifully. Taupe is easy to blend but the texture is more chalky and not nearly as silky. I don't even reach for Taupe anymore because I love using the KA so much. I use it everyday to give my face a little more definition but I can also do a very dramatic sculpted cheekbones look at night. If you're serious about adding a good contouring powder to your beauty arsenal, this is the product to get.

By the way, I have tried using bronzers to contour and while the results were okay, I couldn't get the look I really wanted--sculpted cheekbones and a more defined jawline. For contouring, you really need a neutral taupey brown-based shade to do contour if you want to avoid looking bronzed or orange. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in, I use contouring powder with bronzer and blush (for a dramatic look at night) or just contouring powder or contouring powder and blush. Keep in mind that this is not a bronzer or blush so it should not be applied like bronzer or blush.

Bronzer is applied to the high planes of your face (cheekbones, temples, bridge of nose, chin) where you would naturally get color from the sun. Apply contouring powder that way and you'll get a disaster. I like to sculpt my cheekbones by applying contouring powder underneath the cheekbones and then I give my jawline definition by applying the powder underneath (instead of right on) the jawbone and under my chin to create shadows.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As I have said before, I usually overlook what is right in front of me... and speaking to someone about contouring now that MAC has the Dsuqared collection out, I re-discovered my KA Sculpting powder.

This is a dark looking powder in the pan. It applies much lighter and so so smooth. The quality of sculpting is amazing and you can really re-define your face with it. I use this product for night because I don't wear much contouring for day and when I do, I use the Sculpt/Accentuate from MAC. But this product is hands down the Sculpting winner.

It is not cheap -- but a very small amount well applied and buffed will give you the most amazing sculpted face.

I love this product and will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ciscocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing! I'm a PPP blonde with light eyes and at first glance this powder looks like it would be way too dark and muddy, but after reading the reviews and trying it at Sephora, I took the plunge. Like a previous reviewer, I've tried bronzers and brown-toned blushers to try to get that contoured look, but they usually turned out to be too orangy or too shimmery to use as a shader. Armani has a great brown bronzer, but it's too shiny to use as anything except what it was intended for. The KA sculpting powder is the perfect matte brown color for shading under the cheekbones. Not only that, it is incredibly easy to use! I thought I'd really have to work at it - especially since it's packaged with a sponge, which I thought was strange, but the sponge actually lays the color down in one place without disbursing all over the place like a brush would and then I use the sponge to buff it out and diffuse the edges. It takes me only a minute and I swear it's fool proof. This is my fifth KA product (I also have the airbrush foundation, the creme eyeliner, e/s palette #6 and the rouge hommage lipstick) and every one of them is a winner. I can't believe this line isn't carried in high end department stores since the quality and the packaging (not to mention the prices!) rival any of the designer lines I've tried. I'll probably by the loose powder and the blush next. God bless Kevyn Aucoin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by KathySkates

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for the perfect powder to contour for YEARS. I had used all kinds of bronzers and even a BE shading powder that wasn't too bad. I went to Sephora for a little retail therapy and there it was! No shimmer or sparkle. Very sheer. Looks totally natural on my NW 20 skin. I just did the hollows of my cheeks and it too about 4 seconds. This is definitely my HG sculpting powder!