October 31, 2014 | 1023 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

Probably one of the stinkiest shampoos I have ever tried.

I'll be kind and say that it seemed to moisturize okay. I also liked that the product was almost 100% natural and had some certified organic ingredients. Bottom line, the smell distracted me from whatever this shampoo was supposed to do.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by grisel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought it was an OK shampoo. It leaves my hair soft and shiny, nothing extraordinary. I don't like or dislike this product. I dont think I''ll buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate it, it made my hair so greasy and it smelled gross. But I don't have damaged hair cause I don't color it or anything....so I guess if you have really dry hair, it could work, but it didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the idea, but I've learned that Burt's Bees generally is overrated. They have a couple of good products, but I've found better. This shampoo smells nice but it doesn't do much. It does not moisturize nor does it clean. It doesn't spread easily either. I understand it's not meant to foam since it's SLS-free, but it's still hard to spread around hair. I would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Avoid this one!!! I would never repurchase this... smells good, but not moisturizing at all. In fact, it is the most drying natural sulfate-free shampoo I have ever had the displeasure of using. I have coarse, abused bleached hair to begin with, and this shampoo makes my hair look even worse than before washing it. I need something that actually has moisturizing qualities. This stuff makes it feel like straw. I bought the matching conditioner at the same time.. the conditioner is slightly better, something I occasionally use. But the shampoo is awful. Donít buy this!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is bizarre - for something supposed to be moisturizing, it feels more like a clarifying shampoo but worse. I have very dry, VERY curly, fine hair, and as soon as I put this in my wet hair, I feel the knots beginning to form ~shudder~ I do have to say I like the smell, but that's all I like. I can't even say that I would use this as a clarifying shampoo on occasion, as it's just that horrible in my hair. Definitely won't buy this again, so unfortunate as I really am trying to buy organic products more often than not.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo because I wanted a something gentle and moisturizing without sulfates. This shampoo did the exact opposite of moisturizing!! It stripped my hair so much that it squeaked. I'm returning it to the store!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh I wish i had these reviews with me when I was at Walgreens shopping for new shampoo and conditioner! i bought this for 50% off both the conditioner and shampoo- i tried it this morning and i am for the first time ever, returning both to the store, it is that bad. the shampoo was the opposite of moisturizing, I understand that it is all natural, i love that fact but this is terrible- you feel like you are rubbing your hair into a knotty mess- and when it rinses out you can tell it is going to be a huge knot. the smell does have a plastic aspect to it, not the fresh berry scent you would expect from a natural shampoo with raspberry in it- yuck! this is honestly one of the worst products i have tried, bad enough for me to burn my lunch break on bringing it back to the store for a refund. soo bad. I will post my review for the terrible conditioner separately. stay away from this, it is terrible. as i said for the conditioner if i could give this a zero, i would.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Hope62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

DRIED MY OILY HAIR OUT! Stay away!

This was the absolute worst shampoo ever! I used it for a few months and It dried my hair out so bad! It worked great at first, must be because I have such oily hair, but after about two maybe three months, its left my hair destroyed. Ugh! So now my roots are greasy, my scalp is dried out horribly, and my ends are worse then straw its so dried out. I'm almost pee'd off about it really.

CALIFORNIA BABY: its a brand I found at my local Target. Its all natural and made for those with sensitivities. Its the only shampoo I've found that is all natural, sensitive and 100% gluten free (I'm allergic to wheat/gluten) I just picked some up yesterday with the conditioner and so far I'm in love. This morning was the first time I've ever shampooed and not had the itchies, even Burt's gave me a slight itch. Plus I've already had some recovery from my straw like condition without all the heavy synthetics that are in regular moisturizing shampoos. I don't know how it fairs long term though; you can check out reviews on it at drugstore.com or amazon.com. Plus their products are odorless which is GREAT for me because I'm also very sensitive to smell. I wish makeupalley.com had it in their products list so I could leave it a good review.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Mina

OMG...worst shampoo EVER. This dried my hair so badly. It felt like straw after I rinsed it out. The scent was pretty nasty, too. Like plastic mixed with raspberries. Pure awfulness.