November 26, 2014 | 1887 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - 115 African Queen

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by rosie1123

i love love love this lipgloss!!!! it would have to be my alternative to my everyday pin up red. i subtitute red for this beautiful blue based fushia add some winged liner and i am good to go. this color can be as intense as you want it to be or as subtle as you want. can see this color working with most medium to darker shaded skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by bailuli

This is a seriously seriously gorgeous lip color, despite the fact that it's certainly not something that should be worn on any regular day!

in the tube it's a dark fusia purpley color with blue shimmer. On the lips, it's medium magenta with faint blue undertone. under yellow/warm light, it turns into a warmer dark fusia. VERY gorgeous, and personally i think this kind of look is much more suited to me (NC25 asian) than the bold red lipcolor.

even though it's a gloss, it is HIGHLY pigmented. This is seriously such a bold and sexy color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Hallelujah, I've found my HG fuschia lip color! I have been looking fvor this color for five years now! (Mark's Glow Baby Glow in Orchid is less intense and more glittery, but still in the same basic color family.) This gloss is not sparkly, it has a lovely iridescence to it, and the color intensity depends on how heavily you apply it. This means that it can be a lovely stain or just as bright and shiny as it shows in the tube. This is long-lasting, not sticky, and really performs better than any of my high-end glosses. The only negative is the slightly nasty artificial strawberry flavor, but that's just a flavor I personally hate, and it's not worth losing any lippies. This is still a great gloss, and I am SOLD on this product for good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the tube, this is a very bright magenta pink with blue tones to it. It also looks like it could be extremely shimmery. On the lips, it is an incredibly vibrant rosey pink, with a very subtle shine. If I want to up the color or shine, I could apply another layer, but I prefer a thin coat. It is very flattering to my olive NC30 skin. This lipgloss is not sticky feeling at all, but lasted through almost 5 hours, one croissant and a cup of tea. The feel of it on is more like a lipstick than a gloss. I cannot believe how well pigmented this gloss is. It beats and outlasts most of the other HE glosses that I own. The kicker is that I got this for $1 on clearance. The product comes in a 15ml tube with a doe foot applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

gorgeous hot pink with nice violet shimmer. it's not super bold so it doesnt look scary but it's for sure a beautiful lipgloss and i have to admit, not the regular cheap brand color. lower end lipglosses seem so flat and boring compared to NYX glosses

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Picked this up while I was at Ulta since NYX products were buy 2 get 2 off. I wasn't expecting much from it but when I tried it on at home, whoa! Applies smoothly, and the color is intense! It's a bright fuchsia, and I can't wait to layer this over MAC's girl about town. It will be fuchsia on steroids. ALL of NYX's glosses look really sparkly in the tube, which is really offputting to me beause I hate glitter. Ugh. Thankfully, when applied, the finished effect is just a shine, with no discernible glittery particles. There are glosses out there which last longer, i.e. the more sticky ones, but I don't expect any lipgloss to last through anything more than drinking through a straw. The super sticky ones have my hair constantly sticking to it which is really annoying anyways. One complaint I have about NYX lipglosses in general is that they have a soapy smell to them. Just smells wrong. But for the price (I think they're abour 3++ full price), you can't be beat for the color selection and decent quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by disneydiva21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a really good pink alternative for deep tone african- american skin ... love it love it love it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ne0ndice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the tube it looks very irridescent, but on my lips it's rather cherry-plum, pinker than I thought. However, I apply it lightly and when I do apply it with a heavier hand, it's very true to color in the tube. The smell and feel is great, and I always reach for this gloss. I'm asian, tanned, and dark brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a buck you get a very intense purplish-fuschia gloss that is not goopy or smelly. I dab on a dot and spread it around like a stain.