Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer

3.2

All shades contain: Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ceresin, Talc, Boron Nitride, Kaolin (CI 77004), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diacetyl Boldine, Cholesterol, Polydodecanamideaminium Triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol Crosspolymer, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/14/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I think the problem is that people are trying to use this product on places other than their undereye area. It's for dark circles and blotchy skin, not acne. It's made to be emollient and to offer really dense coverage for pigment problems. If you want a great ance concealer, head over to MUFE and try their Full Cover. It's amazing if you can get the right color match. Anyway, I have extremely pale skin and genuinely dark, large undereye circles. The discoloration is also uneven and super-dark in one spot under my right eye...it's a pain. This is a great concealer for undereyes for several reasons: 1) it's emollient but not insanely emollient like Bobbi Brown's, 2) the color when dry is basically the same color as when just applied, and 3) the appearance of the product when fully dry is not cakey or crackly looking. These are really hard things to achieve. You hardly need to blends this, except for the edges if there's a noticeable "line". In fact, I would suggest using the stick and applying it directly to the undereye area - don't mess around with your finger or an applicator, it just makes the product thinner and doesn't give you the solid coverage you're looking for. I'm giving it a 4/5 overall because it doesn't achieve a flawless look under my right eye, the problem child. It might be that this is the best I can expect and still look (relatively) "natural." Also, the price is better than most high end brands, but still, $18 is good chunck of change.

on 1/7/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been looking for a concealer for a long time to cover under eye circles. Mine aren't terrible but they are noticeable to me. I went to Ulta and asked an employee to help me find a really great one and he led me to the smashbox counter and showed me the camera ready full coverage concealer, suggested a color for me (in 5.0) and I was excited to get home and try it out. First of all, the color is orangey on my skin, secondly, it doesn't do anything at all to cover up dark circles. The color is highly pigmented BUT what good is that if it doesn't do it's job? It's hard to apply because the applicator is like a lipstick tube. I find that it doesn't glide on well and almost tugs your skin. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone EVER.

on 12/15/2010 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is no good for covering blemishes, only good for the undereye. I only put concealer on my undereye when I want to look super flawless as I have no bags or dark circles. This is an okay product. I will not be repurchasing when I run out.

on 12/15/2010 2:11:00 AM

At first, I was using this product on my skin before foundation and I have to say, it was not too effective (even though I have very few blemishes at any one time). Then one day I tried it on top of foundation and seriously, it works amazingly. It blends in really well with my skin and doesn't set into creases and works well as a lid primer - still using a concealer brush. It even makes my lids feel softer than they are naturally - which is really soft. I really do recommend this product to anyone who doesn't need too much coverage and wants something that'll blend in well with their skin (with foundation of course).
The only downside for me was the price (AUD$28.95) - as all cosmetics are ridiculously priced in Australia compared to the US & the UK. Next time I would probably buy online from strawberrynet or yesstyle.

on 12/4/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is really nothing special. The coverage isn't that great. I do like the stick packaging, though. I'll find something different to try next time.

Let me start with my number one irritation with this product: It is virtually impossible to use in a sanitary matter. You have to DIG with a brush to get product, or use your fingers or dab the product directly on the area- EW. The concealer is rather cakey and dries out on blemishes, but does offer a fuller coverage than most. I WOULD NOT RECOMMED this as an undereye concealer!

on 7/4/2010 10:57:00 PM

The key to receiving the full potential of this product is to MOISTURIZE well under the eye area. Thicker concealers, such as this one, tend to become dry and cakey. Unfortunately, women with dark circles require thicker concealer. This is how you overcome the problem: Use a TINY, pin-drop dab of pure vitamin e oil under the darkest part of the under eye area. Then, mix it in with a little drop of Dove moisturizer. Then, you may add the concealer, but do not rub it in; rather, tap the area lightly until blended. Ultimately, you will love this product!

on 4/23/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is going back to Ulta pronto! Doesn't cover acne scars or red marks..at all... still looking for my HG concealer for my dry acne prone skin:(

on 4/5/2010 12:20:00 AM

My olive skin is usually hard to match when it comes to concealers. I was the girl who has white under her eyes in pictures from the mismatched concealer Ė but not anymore. Yes, it isnít entirely full coverage, but nonetheless, it works better than anything else Iíve found. My circles are still somewhat visible but it works miracles on acne scars. I do recommend using a moisturizer before using this because otherwise itíll look cakey. The packaging deserves props for being efficient Ė very easy to use!

on 3/14/2010 11:03:00 PM

I had give smashbox a try about a yr ago n I really didn't like it at all I was looking for a full coverage concealer n the S.A was having a hard time finding something for me to use she recomended me to use the cream to powder foundation for me to use as a concealer n I have to say it looked great n by the time I got hm it was way to cakey n creased allot well I took the foundation back the next day n the lady told me to try this I did w a lil hesitation took it anyway n I like it the price is ok it goes on reply good w buildable coverage it sets w a powdery finish so I find that it doesn't crease n it's stays put all day I do use the primer n foundation n halo powder cause I like the full coverage but. I'm willing to spend the money as long as I'm satisfied ;) I will be buying again specially during the hot steamy tx weather

Top Rated Smashbox Products