November 28, 2014 | 1251 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

This scent is addicting! I love the smell of natural vanilla, but most vanilla-based fragrances are foody and cakey and I don't like it.
Many of those are also clearly artificial. They smell like tha liquid vanilla flavour you put in cakes or they smell like candies.
Vanilia is different. At the beginning is almost fresh and green with a metallic edge, then smoky tonka bean and after 15-20 minutes all the vanilla power comes out strong and quite sweet, but always with a vegetal quality.
It becomes quite heavy, maybe not so pleasant in hot weather.
I'm wearing this scemt these days, because I have some vials and thinking about buying it for spring, even if it's more of a dark type of scent.
Not everyone appreciate it, some say it's overwhelming, others say that they barely smell it if they come close. It really depends on teh nose you have!
I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it, till I feel stoned and addicted! After that I feel a little overwhelmed, but in a good way.
I took off a lippie because, as for many L'Artesan, it has poor lasting power, especially for that price.
Edit: I'm a sucker! Vanilia is not perfect! It becomes too smoky and rubber after a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lilou

I love Vanilia! I'm not a big fan of vanilla fragrances (they often remind me of the vanilla essence we use to flavour cakes). This one is so different, it's a warm smoky-sweet vanilla. The balance is perfect, not too smoky, not too vanillic. I love this perfume because it's not obstrusive and can be worn all year long. The drawback is that it lasts only about 4 hours on me, then nothing...gone! But I will definitely repurchase another bottle when I'm done with mine, it's so worth it! love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Rivercat0338

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For about 60-90 minutes, this is my HG vanilla scent. In the first hour or so it borders on being too sweet, but then a wonderful--but very subtle--warm, smoky floral vanilla emerges that I just adore. And then it's gone. Can't decide whether a full bottle is worth the investment for that hour of perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ThreeLeaves

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most I've ever paid for a fragrance and well worth every penny! Warm but floral too. Hard to describe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dissed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted this to be a smoky vanilla. Alas, no smoke. On me, it's remarkably similar to Fleur des Comores. This one is a sweet floral vanilla, and Fleur des Comores is a sweet fruity-floral vanilla. Very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2006 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Rochella

Three words: Vanilla Carpet Freshener.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Hmm, I don't get a smokey scent from this, but it definitely is not a typical gourmand vanilla. It is a bit spicier... *sniffs wrist and thinks* You know, I started writing this review intending to give it 2 lippies, but I swear, it's really growing on me. I've had it on for several hours now, and I thought I didn't really care for it, but I didn't go to the sink to wash it off immediately, like I would normally do. I thought it had a hint of syrupy-almond sweetness to it, which I dislike... but now that it's barely noticeable on my skin, it's nice -- comforting, ever-so-slightly spicy, but creamy. Hmm. Well, I'll give this a slightly confused 3.5 lippies. Not bad, not bad. Good for a night out on the town, or a cozy night in with your SO.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Sarahpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could have loved L'Artisan Vanilla so very much. I never got a chance to find out. The scent vanished from my skin within minutes. I love the L'Artisan line. Most of the scents seem to have very good lasting power on me. Well poop!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by missjoinder

This is in my hall of fame for fragrance. It's a warm, sexy, smoky vanilla that doesn't overwhelm people. There's almost a floral quality to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard this was a "grown up vanilla" so I was expecting something really delicious. I was so wrong. I am so thankful I sampled this first because all I smell is smoke. No lie. I detected no vanilla whatsoever. This is smoke in a bottle. UGH.