Philosophy Pure Grace Perfumed Body Lotion

3.9

on 2/14/2009 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I forgot why this was buried at the back of my closet.

It smells like clothes that were soaked in fabric softener to cover up some mildew smell, but the mildew smell still lingers. I can actually smell the wet cloth and mildew. Weird. Yucky. Don't use it and won't repurchase.

on 1/15/2009 1:31:00 PM

I guess I am in the minority here, but the scent of this is *very off*. It does not smell anything like the Pure Grace fragrance, which I love. It smells very "grandma", very cheap, almost plastic-like. Funny thing is, this scent lingers, while the fragrance spray does not. Yuck. Moisturizing qualities are good, though.

on 1/9/2009 9:55:00 PM

Smell before you buy-- I know a lot of people love this, but to me, this scent is cloying and overpowering. The lotion has a fine texture and everything, but there's no way I can tolerate this smell for very long.

on 12/14/2008 5:59:00 AM

Good lord- I have smelled few things in my lifetime that have smelled as good as this lotion does. It feels wonderful too- it doesn't leave behind that gross slimy feeling that most lotions do or take ages to sink in, or leave my skin feeling tight. It gives just the perfect level of moisture.

Too bad I don't actually OWN this. I am SO stealing my mom's bottle!

on 11/16/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this body lotion! I normally prefer an unscented body lotion, but Pure Grace is so light that I can use it everywhere and it doesn't interfere with my perfume. It's not a heavy duty lotion, so if you have serious issues, you may need something stronger. However, it's not a lightweight either. Very emollient, very lightly fragranced and while more expensive than many lotions I've purchased before, it's not a terrible price, especially if you buy in a kit or the bigger sizes. I enjoy using it every morning after my shower and I'll continue to purchase.

on 8/13/2008 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Pure Grace Perfumed Body Lotion has a more fragrant bouquet than does the Perfume itself. It is a crisp citrus scent with a very subtle undertone that smells absolutely divine. It is a very discreet scent and it is a perfect match for those who prefer an underwhelming body lotion without the more dominant scents such as musk or flowers. To me, this product reminds me of the smell of taking laundry out of a dryer with its distinct fresh bouquet. I would highly recommend this product. The one down side is that while the Amazing Grace Body Lotion come in a body firming formula, but the Pure Grace Body Lotion does not have a firming product. Hopefully, this product will become body firming as well. Until then, I have found my HG.

on 7/8/2008 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got Pure Grace perfumed body lotion as part of a gift pack. I have been using Amazing Grace all along and I thought that was Amazing Grace until I looked closely at the bottle. Now, I love Pure Grace to bits as it smells really clean and fresh and I need not wear any perfume while wearing this lotion. The scent lasted all day and made me smell like a baby. I love the smell of a clean fresh scent and will def buy this product again. Thumbs up!

on 6/26/2008 1:17:00 PM

I got this product by mistake. I meant to get the Amazing Grace body lotion, but I wasn't really paying attention, and these bottles all look the same. Imagine my surprise when I got home and discovered I had purchased Pure Grace! I gave it the sniff test, and it smelled nice, so I decided to keep it.

I have really started to like this lotion! I absolutely love the texture of it. It's very smooth and moisturizing, but not at all greasy. The smell doesn't linger for long at all, so it doesn't interfere with any perfumes I might wear. The bottle says it's infused with "soap and water" scents, and that's pretty much exactly what it smells like. Very clean and very fresh.

I'm kind of sad because my 16 oz. bottle is almost empty. That's pretty much unheard of for me. The bottle is big, but at $32, it's still kind of expensive for my budget. I still really want to try to Amazing Grace lotion, so I'll probably get that one next. I'm very impressed with this Philosophy product, though. Probably one of the best-textured lotions I have ever used. It's great!

on 4/24/2008 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pure Grace is my most favorite scent out of the Philosophy line. This lotion is marvelous on your skin, and the scent...fabulous! I love indulging myself with Pure Grace. It makes me feel so clean and fresh. I layer by using the shower gel and then applying this lotion right out of the shower, and then spritzing with the pure grace perfume after. This lotion hydrates, soothes and softens my skin. Philosophy got it right, finally! Not obtrusive at all - this scent smells just wonderfully CLEAN! I received a compliment on my first day of using it. Someone mentioned that I smelled so good. You won't be disappointed by this one. The scent will last all day! I'm smelling my arm as I'm writing this. LOL.

on 12/25/2007 4:50:00 PM

Hm. Ok.

I guess once again I don't really agree w/MUA reviews. I love Philosophy Amazing Grace and Falling in Love lotions. I'd never sniffed this one but got it as a gift. Unfortunately I feel a little underwhelmed. The scent really does fade almost immediately - much quicker than my AG and FIL lotions (which I often get compliments on hours later when I'm wearing, where as w/this one, I can put my nose right up to my skin two hours later or so and not smell it at all). I'm not sure what the problem is with PG?

As for the scent itself, it's nice I suppose, but again nowhere near as pretty as AG or FIL to me. I'll use it up anyway I'm sure because it's completely unoffensive...it's just not that great. I would pay the approx. $2/oz this costs in a heartbeat for FIL or AG, but I won't be rebuying PG unless I have a major change of opinion. The price is pretty reasonable IMO for a perfumed lotion to cost about $2oz...it's about $1.30/oz for even a Bath and Body Works body cream, and Philosophy's lotions are much nicer!

I don't plan on returning this, but I wouldn't suggest you run out and buy it either. It's an OK lotion in a line with great lotions...you could do better!