July 29, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake Flavored Lip Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very yummy smelling lipgloss! I really love the vanilla scent, especially during the colder months, and this very thick (and sticky!) lip shine does a good job of helping to protect my easily chapped lips in the colder months. My only wish is that it did not have the sparkles and that Philosophy would add an SPF to it, but I guess then it probably wouldn't smell or taste as yummy. Oh well, it's still a nice lip shine, but the cinnamon buns lip shine (without the sparkles) is still my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by BeatriceKiddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What I like: How it looks in package and on lips, the packaging (especially the shape of applicator tip), staying power, texture, and size 14.2 grams. What I don't like: The smell or the flavor. I feel I'm spoiled with MAC lip gelee' and love the smell and lack of flavor. I was hoping for more of a softer smell. It's so strong it's gross. I originally bought this for a stay at home gloss, that moisturizes, protects and shines (also a lippi lover). I'm not impressed with how the smell distracts my attention. I doubt I'll buy any other flavors. For 4.00 more I'll go ahead and buy my MAC gelee'. What a bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by doxiegirls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this!!! I have two of them - one in my purse, one on my desk. This tastes yummy and smells exactly like vanilla birthday cake. There is a golden shimmer to this but it's not very noticable on your lips - nothing glittery and garish anyway. I love Philosophy Lip Shines and this one and The Milkman are my favorites. A little of this goes a long way, so $10 isn't too bad when you consider that. They last a loooong time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MissEmbrya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great flavor, smell, and shine. I'm a lip gloss junkie and a snob. This product is PERFECT. It's not stick, and it gives great moisture with a slight tingle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Laurenbelle

I love this lip gloss! It is my HG lip gloss. I now only use Philosophy lip balms. This smells exactly like birthday cake. If you apply it more heavily it will be super shiny, and if you apply it very lightly, you can get a bit of a matte look that you would get with a lip balm stick only way more moisturizing. It is not overly sticky, and goes on clear with a tiny bit of natural looking shimmer.

Unfortunately, Sephora does not sell this one. The only way to get it is to order it from Philosophy, which means you have to pay 10 dollars for the balm, plus 4 dollars shipping. But still, for 14 bucks, this smell and quality of this product make it more than worthwhile.

The first time I ordered it the tube arrived broken and leaking all over. I called customer service, and they were very helpful and sent me out a new one right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 5:19:00 AM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i ordered these from qvc.i use all philosophy lips glosses.i cant live without them.the smell of them is amazing!i put one before bed and when i wake up it is still on my lips! these are really nice in the winter when it is freezing outside, they really protect youre lips.i cant say more about the scents of them either!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ewiggs26

I think this is my favorite lip shine from philosophy. Unlike the VBC 3-in-1, this actually smells like vanilla cake. It tastes really yummy and leaves small golden glitter on your lip (which i could do without).