August 28, 2014 | 1790 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

yes, it's tacky. yes, it's kinda thick. yes, it doesn't absorb that well. yes, i often dust cornstarch over this.

HOWEVER....

it's awesome for someone like me. i use this exclusively on my upper arms, where i have keratosis pilaris. if i consistently use this after showering using a japanese scrub cloth (like salux), the bumps on my upper arms smooth out very noticeably due to the AHAs.

this lotion is a bit pricey for drugstore, but since i use only a dime-sized dollop for each arm, it takes a long time to use up the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sjcsmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry, but this is the worst lotion I've used in awhile. It somehow managed to be greasy and oily, yet not the least bit moisturizing. I bought two huge bottles at BJ's and gave them away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also use this for my eczema prone skin (mostly on the face). At Costco this came in a gigantic pack of two hulking bottles of lotion and a small bottle of hand creme, which I used in a matter of days. But anyway, yeah, it smells weird. I can't even describe it. I mean, it's not terrible, but still.

It is quite sticky, which makes it pretty much impossible for me to want to use it as a body lotion or use it during the day. I only apply it at night before I go to bed, to my face and my hands. It works really well - perhaps I rub some of it off in my sleep, but when I wake up it's not a sticky residue, thank god.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Solipsister

My hubby, thee most handsome man alive (no lie!), suffers from some terrrribly dry skin on his face. His problem spots are between his eyebrows & half dollar coin sized patches near his nose. These areas turn beet red & are prone to flaking & burning. I have bought him so many creams & lotions but with no lasting results until he began using this. I'll admit I went with the intent to buy the Eucerin calming cream but after reading it & this one, this was the only one that said it would relieve flaking & they are not kidding! After only a week of usage, redness? GONE. flaking? ZILCH. burning? OVER. Not only that, but the condition of his skin is now impeccably smooth & beautiful. After a six year search for a remedy, this feels like a minor miracle. We are both so happy & I will sing this product's praises to everyone, forever.
FYI: this stuff is hard core hydrating & he only uses it after showering at night, applying just to his problem areas. It does look greasy after application but is fully absorbed by the time he wakes up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by amblando

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok. Truth is, I don't bother buying the eucerin brand anymore. I buy the generic kind (the big, unhygienic tub) at whatever drugstore. They're exactly the same. This stuff is gold to my poor, dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin. It is awfully greasy, and I have found that it never soaks in. I have two solutions for that: One thing I do sometimes is just glop it on at night and wrap my lower legs in plastic wrap (because they are the driest part. I could probably do this with my elbows too. Sometimes I put it on my feet with socks, they get super soft). In the morning, I take the wrap off, throw it away and take a shower. It sounds weird, but my skin stays smooth and hydrated all day, which my skin *never* does otherwise. This method really only works when I'm sleeping alone, for obvious reasons ;) My other trick is to to take the lotion into the shower or bath with me and leave on the floor so that the heat melts it a bit. Then it goes on a lot thinner, sort of even soaks in, and after a little while I just wipe off the excess with a towel. I hope this helps those of you who (like me) can't stand the greasiness!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for me the only drugstore product that banishes flaky dry skin effectively, but I do hate how it never seems to really absorb into the skin. I always end up with a slightly sticky feeling, even the next morning. Still I use this once a week or so to keep my skin smooth and just bear with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

I tried this product out because my mother got it from Costco and there was an extra bottle so I took it. I honestly think that this product smells like cheese, so nasty. I asked all of my friends to tell me what it smells like (without letting them know that I thought it smelled like cheese) and they all said cheese! CHEESE!
Anywho, it's not that bad, it does moisturize, but way too greasy and smelly for me. I've switched up to Gold Bond and it works wonders. I put it on my feet last night and I couldn't help but rub my feet together...so smooth. When I was using Eucerin, my feet were still dry.

Update: I said I put Gold Bond on my feet and blah blah blah, well that crap left me with dry flaky skin in between my toes (sorry for the details), so now I've switched back to using Eucerin on my feet. I did it for one night and the next morning they were much improved. I guess I just have to deal with the smell. It's not like anyone's gonna smell my feet, that would be creepy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by squirrely

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff smells like glue, but retains none of glue sniffing's redeeming qualities. The texture is very glue-like, too. It's thick and greasy and hard to get off your hands. It contains a relatively large amount of castor oil---I'm not sure if that mixes with the lanolin strangely to give it its more irritating qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by thepriceofacupoftea

This review if for the enriched version. This lotion is a miracle. I have been battling eczema and keratosis pilaris my whole life and I can't even begin to tell you how this lotion has been leaving my usual extremely dry and roughest skin parts to silky, soft, and smooth. I can see how this lotion would get negative reviews from those who don't truly suffer from dry skin. Also it's very thick and hard to rub in, so I found what works best is when I get out of the shower I don't towel dry. I know I hated this idea too but if you suffer from similar skin problems like me give it a shot and you'll be amazed. So I step out of the shower and wipe off access water with my hands and immediately slather this amazing lotion on. I pump about 5 pumps to each legs 2 to my tummy & chest, 2 to my arms, and 2 to my buttocks and lower back. SO has noticed the difference, I have noticed the difference since using this, truly my one and only, HG. Blows aveeno out of the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by pandabear33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get why there are so many negative reviews about this product!
I've tried many lotions over the years as I have very dry skin, especially in the winter.
Keratosis Pilaris has even been known to make appearances on my thighs and elbows. (much to my chagrin.) This Eucerin lotion is the only lotion out there that has worked for me. When I'm diligent (moisturizing right after exiting the shower, exfoliating beforehand) - This lotion gets rid of my KP completely, and leaves me with soft touchable skin. The only con I would mention is that yes, it is definitely a bit greasy and doesn't feel like it's sinking right into my skin...but i'm willing to put up with having to give it a few minutes to sink in if it means that it will heal my skin - which it does! I won't stray from this stuff, as I simply haven't found anything better. Highly recc'd!