Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

3.1

ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, DIMETHICONE, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, TOCOPHEROL, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, SILICA, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, TRIBEHENIN, GLYCERETH-8 HYDROXYSTEARATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, ARACHIDYL PROPIONATE, OZOKERITE

on 9/14/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If only I had joined this forum sooner! I used BB products in the mid 90s and never had a problem. Because I like to try new cosmetic brands, I tried other good makeup lines ( Iman, Clinique , Mac etc) for many years and finally in 2010 decided to try BB again as their colour matches were among the best. I had beautiful results at first. My skin -which has always been pretty much flawless - looked fantastic... Until three months later. I had the worst itchy rash on my face and could not work out why. I cut out certain foods, vitamin supplements and new skincare purchases. I never suspected the BB foundation and powder I was using, as the breakout had occurred months after I started using them. My skin still hasn't returned to it's former health, and now I see that it was the BB makeup doing the damage. I cringe to think how much money I have wasted, but it's a relief to finally get to the bottom of the problem. Btw, I had no idea that BB was bought over my Estee Lauder. They must have changed the formula significantly because BB was a great product back in the day...

on 9/5/2011 12:04:00 PM

For me the coverage was good, but after a while of using, I recognized the using of this make up with the sponge is unhygienic. By the time fuzzes and other particles on your hands or on your skin are getting through the sponge on the creamy make up and stay on it.
And I had the feeling that the cream didn't connect with my skin, I had to dab the sponge to get it on my skin that it looks naturaly

on 9/2/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is excellent for someone looking for extra coverage. I used it when I had dark acne scarring and needed heavy coverage. I applied with a foundation brush and it blended perfectly into my skin. I am of Indian descent so I have a hard time finding foundation for my brown skin, in this line im a 4.25 which is Warm Natural. It gives a great natural finish but once my scarring cleared (thanks to Clinique's Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer) I switched to Bobbi Brown's Illuminating finish Powder Compact Foundation because it was lighter coverage. This product did not make me break out but it was a little heavy on hot days, luckily a little blotting absorebd most of the moisture and the foundation remained intact.

on 8/7/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Still on my search to finding my HD foundation. I purchased this due to the "oil-free" bit attached to the products name only to find it is far from oil-free. Bobbi brown seems to be the only brand which has my skin tone colour to a perfect match (Warm natural in winter and honey in summer) however when I put this foundation on my skin it goes on perfectly. After about an hour I seem to have an oily face and have to blot a lot more than I do without the product on my face. Also can set into really fine lines only to make them obvious and also can start to cake if you try to get medium to high coverage. Package is too bulky to carry around in the purse as well....oh well...still on my search.

on 8/2/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What can I say? You've done it again Bobbi! This product is FANTASTIC. It gives gorgeous natural full coverage. How often can you say that full coverage looks natural? Amazing. And there are a number of ways you can apply it, so you can get different finishes and densities of application. I really love this product and I'd say it works really great with my oily skin, in all seasons too!
Ace product.

on 7/28/2011 3:50:00 PM

A lovely foundation on my normal-to-dry complexion. Blends beautifully, especially if you use it w/Bobbi's foundation brush, an excellent tool that allows you to apply the foundation lightly or build it. I have been wearing it everyday for two weeks and have found it to be creamy without being greasy. An excellent product.

on 7/28/2011 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

anyway, this foundation has no problem with my face. so so. not that incredible and not that worth it,too. haha but actually i dont want to buy this product anymore. ;)))

on 7/15/2011 2:05:00 AM

Tried out this stuff after being convinced by the sales girl, and its absolutely horrible, I HATE IT!!! NOT WORTH THE MONEY and a wooping 42 dollars i expected a tad bit more. and its really not that much product either. It got super greasy even though it was "oil free" showed my pores even though i had smashbox primer and moisturizer on before. Very disappointed will be taking it back.

on 7/1/2011 5:47:00 PM

I had really bad acne last summer and decided to try this foundation. I bought it at Holt Renfrew and the makeup artist there showed me how to apply it to hide scars and redness along with bumps.

I loved this foundation. It covered everything and also provided an even finish. Application wasn't too difficult. Just make sure your skin is moisturized and use a foundation brush to pat it on lightly.

The only drawback for me besides the price is the fact that it runs out really fast -- especially if you use the sponge that comes with it. Within six weeks, 3/4 of it was gone. But overall, I'd buy it again when I have the money.

on 6/3/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Greasy feeling. Set in my pores. Horror!