November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by GoldenPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly didn't want to buy this mascara because of the price but nothing fits my needs better than this. #1 the color is a true black, I didn't think the shade of mascara really made a difference until I sampled this and instantly saw how black it was. #2 the formula is a must have for me because I hate dry & thick formulas and this is light and smooth but it isn't runny or smudgy. Actually it gives the effects of water proof but it isn't harsh like water proof formulas. I don't go for a dramatic eye look so I don't need this mascara to do miracles. I need a great forumla that doesn't dry out fast or smudge when my allergies start acting up. Mascara like foundation is largely a personal preference thing but for me this is HG I just hate the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lolaire2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally long lashes and by far this is my HG mascara. I tried it based on the reviews here and I love it. I prefer a natural look. To achieve this I must NEVER DOUBLE DIP. Here is the trick:

When I take the wand out of the tube I wipe it gently with a wash cloth. It looks like there is no product on the brush. I do one eye and then the other, WITHOUT dipping it back in the tube for the second eye.

My lashes look long and natural and curled and it lasts all day without any issues. I have never found a product to compare and have tried most drugstore brands as well as the variety kit sold at Sephora; best mascara ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This mascara reminds me of Lancome...
it's good but not amaze...
and sure expensive...
i would buy others....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by jenx3989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this mascara! It is the blackest black mascara that I have found. I have tried Lancome, Maybelline, Benefit among other lesser brands, and I now ONLY buy Chanel as my HG of mascaras!

It curls, adds just enough volume and some length. It gives a crisp, sophisticated look and makes my eyes prettier and pop. It has beeswax in it which helps it not smudge and holds the curl. It is the most smudge-proof non-waterproof mascara ever! The mascara product glides on smoothly with no clumping and gives nice separation of the lashes.

This is not a high-drama mascara for going out clubbing. I use this everyday going to work in a professional workplace and for going out dining. If I need a boost, then I use the Lancome Oscillation Powerbooster lash primer before I apply the Chanel. Even though it's expensive, I love it and will never go back to any other brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by brighterlights

Im the type if girl that LOVES dramatic eyelashes. The bigger, the better. Overall, I liked the mascara. I completely loved it the first few weeks I used it. Then, I got kind of bored. By the end of the day, the macara would flake off. Plus, it was super expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by julees70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you already have thicker lashes that naturally curl (or can hold a curl w/out problem), then you may love this mascara. It gives a nice black color and lengthens and separates very well. For my wimpy, thin lashes that can't curl to save its life, this didn't work for me - it made the ends of my lashes even more droopy than usual. :( On the plus side, it didn't smudge and was easy to take off. I won't be repurchasing, but if you don't mind spending the money and have good lashes to begin with, I'd recommend giving it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long eye lashes and as much as I wanted to love this mascara, I found it to be easy to clump on the ends of my lashes. After two coats, it looks like I have long fake eyelashes on, which is something that I don't like. With three coats, I look like I have spiders on my lids.

I usually go for a more natural look which I can achieve using CG Lash Blast for a fraction of the price. I will keep this mascara for special occasions but I don't plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by SadSadie

I have this in red-black (a gorgeous, wine coloured shade) that makes my green eyes totally pop. It lengthens, gives volume, is easy to work with, and stays put. Simply lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by HollySnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could afford it, this would be my every day mascara. I received a sample of it ages ago and then splurged on the full size. I have found myself comparing all mascaras to that one ever since. (I currently use the more wallet-friendly CG Lash Blast, but it's still not the same.)
I have very long lashes and I can easily look like I'm wearing freaky false lashes if the mascara formula is gluggy or clumpy. Inimitable was perfect and the wand/brush was fantastic too. Separated my lashes perfectly. Love this stuff!
PS. Really considering getting myself this mascara again for Christmas now. Thanks a lot MUA! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by erihether

EDIT: Before I had only used a sample, which gave me awesome results. When I went to buy the full-sized version, it somehow wasn't as good as with the sample. The mascara does a good job lengthening and thickening the ends of my lashes, but it's very pricy, and I probably won't buy it again.

*****
This mascara made my already relatively thick lashes look like I have extensions. The price is IMO very high, but there is a noticeable difference over any drugstore mascara I have ever used.