Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 4/17/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I received this mascara as a sample with a Chanel purchase- I do not usually buy high end mascaras as there are great drugstore mascaras that cost much less (and if I'm going to shell out for high end, I'd rather put my dollars into a product that will last me a longer time, like an eyeshadow or lip product). This mascara is quite nice overall- it gives pretty good separation to the lashes (though they can still stick together a bit), and nice length. It also holds a curl very well, better than a lot of other mascaras, while not making the lashes feel stiff or crunchy. I don't know if this is because I have a sample size, but I also find that the tip of the wand tends to comes out of the tube with too much product on it, and can overload lashes and look less than ideal. While I do find that the brush doesn't always get between each lash and can leave some lashes stuck together, this is definitely not a clumpy mascara! I do sometimes get minor smudging under my lower lashes with this mascara, and it does feel like it takes longer to dry on the lashes than some formulas- dangerous if you sneeze or blink too soon! It's also the blackest mascara I've ever used, which I think is it's strongest point. It doesn't give a super-intense false eyelash look or anything like that, but the deep black colour definitely makes it a touch more dramatic! I quite like this mascara for blending/marrying my natural lashes with falsies- the super black colour, curl-holding power, and wetter formula all work together to make it work very well for this purpose. Would I buy a full sized, full price tube of this mascara? No. But I'd certainly be enthused about getting another sample with any future Chanel purchases!

on 4/13/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Disappointed is how I feel about this mascara. I don't expect miracles, but for $40, I do expect something pretty damn spectacular. I don't mind shelling out the cash if a product does what it claims to do. So, after reading about how amazing this mascara is, and seeing it rated as #1 on some websites, I expected nothing less than beautiful, long, full, volumized lashes. I purchased this at $40 (CAD) and couldn't wait to try it. It definitely lengthened my lashes, but provided absolutely no volume and left them looking wimpy and spidery. I decided to give it another go before returning it...but with the same results. My CG Lash Perfection and L'oreal Telescopic out-perform this mascara by a long-shot, at a fraction of the price. Thank goodness I was able to return it. Don't waste your money.

on 3/26/2012 10:12:00 PM

Such a great mascara. It is expensive definitely, but I think that it's worth it. So great for separating the lashes and you never have too much so it doesn't clump. I love this mascara!

on 3/25/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This mascara leaves everything else in the dust. It lengthens, thickens and separates. It's also buildable so you can make your lashes as thick as you like. I buy this only occasionally though, because of the price. I also don't like the new silver band instead of the gold but inside it's still great.

on 3/17/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I honestly didn't want to buy this mascara because of the price but nothing fits my needs better than this. #1 the color is a true black, I didn't think the shade of mascara really made a difference until I sampled this and instantly saw how black it was. #2 the formula is a must have for me because I hate dry & thick formulas and this is light and smooth but it isn't runny or smudgy. Actually it gives the effects of water proof but it isn't harsh like water proof formulas. I don't go for a dramatic eye look so I don't need this mascara to do miracles. I need a great forumla that doesn't dry out fast or smudge when my allergies start acting up. Mascara like foundation is largely a personal preference thing but for me this is HG I just hate the price.

on 3/17/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have naturally long lashes and by far this is my HG mascara. I tried it based on the reviews here and I love it. I prefer a natural look. To achieve this I must NEVER DOUBLE DIP. Here is the trick:

When I take the wand out of the tube I wipe it gently with a wash cloth. It looks like there is no product on the brush. I do one eye and then the other, WITHOUT dipping it back in the tube for the second eye.

My lashes look long and natural and curled and it lasts all day without any issues. I have never found a product to compare and have tried most drugstore brands as well as the variety kit sold at Sephora; best mascara ever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara reminds me of Lancome...
it's good but not amaze...
and sure expensive...
i would buy others....

on 2/23/2012 1:29:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara! It is the blackest black mascara that I have found. I have tried Lancome, Maybelline, Benefit among other lesser brands, and I now ONLY buy Chanel as my HG of mascaras!

It curls, adds just enough volume and some length. It gives a crisp, sophisticated look and makes my eyes prettier and pop. It has beeswax in it which helps it not smudge and holds the curl. It is the most smudge-proof non-waterproof mascara ever! The mascara product glides on smoothly with no clumping and gives nice separation of the lashes.

This is not a high-drama mascara for going out clubbing. I use this everyday going to work in a professional workplace and for going out dining. If I need a boost, then I use the Lancome Oscillation Powerbooster lash primer before I apply the Chanel. Even though it's expensive, I love it and will never go back to any other brand.

Im the type if girl that LOVES dramatic eyelashes. The bigger, the better. Overall, I liked the mascara. I completely loved it the first few weeks I used it. Then, I got kind of bored. By the end of the day, the macara would flake off. Plus, it was super expensive.

on 2/3/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you already have thicker lashes that naturally curl (or can hold a curl w/out problem), then you may love this mascara. It gives a nice black color and lengthens and separates very well. For my wimpy, thin lashes that can't curl to save its life, this didn't work for me - it made the ends of my lashes even more droopy than usual. :( On the plus side, it didn't smudge and was easy to take off. I won't be repurchasing, but if you don't mind spending the money and have good lashes to begin with, I'd recommend giving it a try.

Popular Mascaras