October 21, 2014 | 1280 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme in 535 Medium Golden Mahogany Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by andreaqc

Excellent. The color is beautiful with my Asain skin tone. It left my hair soft and shine. I bought this after read the reviews here. $9 at Wal-mart. I'll definitely buy it again. Thank you MUA members for sharing good products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Funny... but I was just coming onto this website so that I could look into prospective new brands and shades as I'm feeling a bit adventurous with my hair lately. After all it's just hair! When I happened upon this product review and realized, hey, that's the color I usually use. I enjoy this color because it gives my dull dark ashy blonde hair the boost I need. I'm very pale so the reddish hues in this color give me a bit of vibrancy. It is very nourishing, but I find my ends tend to get very dry which surprises me because I do my best not to pull this product throughout my hair. Many people tell me it's very bad to pull general store brand hair dyes all the way from root to tip. Who know's what is true. Anyhoo, I may stick with this color until I find something new. I'm interested in a true chocolate brown shade as of now, but will settle for Nutrisse as you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use Garnier Nutrisse in Light Auburn or Light Reddish Brown, but decided to try a darker shade this time. This color is gorgeous! It truly is a golden mahogany..in some lights it looks reddish in others just golden and deliciously chocolaty. Very rich and shiny looking!!! Like all haircolor, it will start off darker then fade a bit in the first two weeks. I should mention that it's nothing like the model's on the box, it's darker and redder (it's much prettier than hers IMO). I am a huge Garnier Nutrisse fan, and have never been disappointed with the results...this shade is no exception. I think I may try "Chocolate Peanut Butter" next time, but will def. use this shade again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by pinksugaraddict

Price: (about) $7.49

BACKGROUND INFO:
1st time i've dyed my hair- i got it bleached, dyed brown & got golden highlights in one session (professionally). my hair was very damaged at this point.

2nd time- (5 months later) i was tired of seeing my roots grow in (my hair's naturally black that gets lightened by the sun to a dark brown) so i just dyed it "dark brown" (or as i found out later, pitch black) with some japanese hair dye. that gave very little damage however, the tips of my hair were light brown from the bleach.

so yesterday (or the 3rd time), i dyed my hair again because i hated how dark my hair still was (it didn't get lightened to brown). so i resorted to garnier nutrisse based on the positive reviews. in the store, i couldn't decide what color to get. i wanted either a burugndy-brown or a lightish brown color (not too light) and the burgundy looked to "fake" for me, so i got chocolate caramel. the picture on the box was very light brown (for me anyway) but since i didn't wanna bleach my hair again, i bought it immediately before i could turn back. i followed the directions on the box, (btw, the fruit oil concentrate smells absolutely DELICIOUS!) then my mom helped apply the hair dye. even though it said leave it in for 25-30 minutes, i left it in for around 45-50 minutes, just in case the color wouldn't show up (because several friends & online searchings told me black hair doesn't get lighter unless you stripe the color/bleach it.)

after that, i rinsed out all the color, then put the tiniest bit of shampoo, worked that through my hair, then used to avocado conditioner. that, i must say, is FABULOUS! it wasn't very thick but when i blowdryed my hair (because i was too impatient to wait to see what color it'd turn out), it made my hair really soft and shiny! it didn't look damaged at all and was really pretty! plus, based on the previous times i've had my hair dyed, this smelled the best. even though the scent lingers, it doesn't make me nauseous like the time i had it done professionally in a salon. the color ended up an orangey-brown but more towards the brown side and it's not extremely obvious and i've gotten compliments so far of how soft it looks and about the color!

therefore, i recommend this hairdye :] it smells nice, the avocado conditioner is great (i think other people commented that they should make them individually, i agree) and the color is nice so far :] oh yeah, and it's CHEAP! (cheaper than l'oreal as well). if there's any signs of fading however, i'll edit this post! but as of now, 5/5!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Naturally, I have medium brown hair with quite a bit of red in it. I've been dying my hair to a strawberry blonde color for years. I finally decided to bring my hair back to it's natural color. This color is actually several shades darker than my real color, but I figured the slightly deeper color would just make my hair look shinier. And I was right. The color looked perfect on me. Dark brown with just a hint of red. I assumed since my hair had so much red in it previously, the red in this dye would be even more prevalent. That was not the case. The color was just gorgeous. Like all other garnier hair color, it wasn't damaging at all and my hair was left in pretty good, if not better, condition than it was previously. The only downside is that this color faded quickly! I'm not sure it's the dyes fault or my own. I have so much light dye built up in my hair that dark dyes never last long. Anyways, the color faded nicely. Not patchy or orangy or anything. I'm going to buy again. For six or so bucks, I can very much afford to buy a box once a month to keep the color up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

Well, I use to go to a hair salon to get my hair done & just couldnt afford it anymore so I started trying out different hair colors. I used a permenant Loreal brand for a while and had good look but got tired of the color. Over the years my hair has started to thin and turn grey so I looked for a semi-permenant color I liked. After many tries I fell in love with a color by Natural Instincts,26 Hot Cocoa. It was GORGEOUS but, my greys would turn white again very quickly and I mean very quickly so I decided to give a permenant color a chance again.

After reading the reviews here I tried Nutrisse color 535. The color on my roots which was a natural light brown, turned a red color and much brighter than I expected. So if you are a light brown all over, your hair will REALY pick up on the red in this color. The rest of my hair, which was still a chocolate color from the Natural Instincts color, turned a darker chocolate/red color.

All in all, it is a very pretty color and I just have to get use to the red. For me, I have always gotten compliments when red tones come through my hair, so Im ok with how it is. I am still going to try & find a color though that is more of the chocolate brown that I found with the semi-perm Natural Instincts.

I'll post another review in a few weeks after I've gotten use to the color. My hair is very soft & shiney so that's good. All in all, this is a great product & I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by flammab1e

I just used this color for the first time. It really bought the red highlights in my dark brown/black hair that I only see in the sun. I wasn't expecting it to be true to the box color, since my hair is dark. But it really warmed up my color. And left it in great condition. My husband walked in and asked what's that smell. I thought he was going to complain about the chemical smell, he didn't know I was dying my hair. But he thought it was great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by cbot61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently tried this color, and was pleasantly surprised. I agree with the last reviewer - in the house, my hair is a nice warm rich brown, but in the sunlight or brighter lights, dramatic red tones appear. It kind of shocked me at first, when I saw myself in a mirror at the mall!! I do like it, however, and would recommend it for any medium to dark brunette who would like to add some red/auburn tones to their hair. My hair is also shiny and soft - no damage noted!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

I just colored my hair about an hour ago and I am really enjoying the results. I was bored today and remembered that my boyfriend said that he liked the red tones in my dark brown hair. So i thought I would get some hair dye that brought out those tones without being too drastic. This product fit the bill nicely. To be honest, you can't really tell the difference inside the house, but in the sunlight my hair has these gorgeous golden red tones. But I dont expect a five dollar hair dye to lift my deep brown (almost black)tresses. I'll save that for the salon or highlights. Plus this stuff smells better than most and my hair is nice and soft, not fried at all. Can't wait to see what the boyfriend thinks (though if he isn't pleased, too bad! :) i like it!