TiGi Brunette Goddess

3.9

Water - Aqua , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cocamide DEA , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate , Ammonium Chloride , Fragrance - Parfum , Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate , Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids , Sodium Carboxymethyl Lauryl Glucoside , Polysilicone-15 , Polyquaternium-44 , PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide , PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Linoleic Acid , Sunflower Seed Oil - Helianthus Annuus , Disteareth-75 IPDI , Decyl Glucoside , Cocamide MEA , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , PEG-8 Dimethicone , PEG-8 Ricinoleate , Citric Acid , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Ascorbic Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylisothiazolinone , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Benzyl Alcohol , Benzyl Benzoate , Mica - CI 77019 , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 , Yellow 5 - CI 19140 , Red 33 - CI 17200 , Blue 1 - CI 42090

on 9/22/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

TiGi's Brunette Goddess line has worked okay for my hair, but it doesn't amaze me. I do absolutely love the sweet smell. To get the clean I desire I have to rinse and repeat because the shampoo doesn't lather very well during the first wash. I have red/brown color treated hair, and this shampoo hasn't stripped my color, which is great! I like to try different hair care lines, so I may not repurchase this anytime soon, though I would possibly come back to it in the future. I only buy it when the tweens are on sale for $9.99 at Ulta.

on 9/7/2009 9:52:00 AM

My love for Tigi's Dumb Blond shampoo is on par with my love for chocolate and several members of my family, so I had pretty high hope for this as I'm presently embracing life as a brunette. However, though yummy smelling, and an adequate cleaner, it neither leaves my hair orgasmically soft nor shiny (two things I require as I'm too lazy to pile on styling products).

on 9/1/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off the smell of this is amazing! I want to eat this shampoo! This is quite a good shampoo cleans my hair well but leaves it feeling dry so I do need a good conditioner to follow it. Will still look for a better shampoo.

on 8/28/2009 5:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I LOVE the Brunette Goddess line. I have both the shampoo and the conditioner and WOW. The smell is amazing! I've heard it being described as an almond smell but I personally find that it smells like cake batter. I recently decided to switch to BG because my previous shampoo and conditioner combo had been making my hair oily. My hair no longer has this problem since I've switched over. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 7/30/2009 12:14:00 PM

I was expecting a lot from this product. I hate it! And I have the huge twin pack, so I have a lot left. It makes my hair really dry and frizzy. No moisture, very little shine. When I rinse it off, I feel like I've washed my hair with detergent. The conditioner is a little better, though.

on 7/6/2009 1:57:00 PM

After hearing rave reviews about this product, I decided I'd purchase it once the shampoo/conditioner I was using ran out. Ulta was having a sale so I got a really good price on the large bottles, but I would have happily paid full price! It took a very small amount of product to create a thick, rich lather. My hair smells like a chocolate martini and is remarkably soft!

on 6/28/2009 12:46:00 PM

Really, this shampoo was just average. I didn't notice any change in color depth or shine when I used this in conjunction with the conditioner. The smell was just way too artificially caramel. It was okay at being a moisturizing shampoo, but for the price, I expected a whole lot more out of this than what I got.

Reference: 2C Hair, layered, dry ends, oily scalp, colored.

I have just used this product for the first time on my normal-oily naturally straight fine thickness hair, was originally using brilliant brunette by john frieda.

Firstly the smell is gorgeous, like caramel on my hair and i love the pump, the bottle is also aesthetically pleasing on the eye!
I washed my hair twice in this, dont normally use conditioner apart from a weekly treatment as my hair would get too weighed down by products and get oily quick, so i didnt use conditioner with this. I didnt need to either, its made my hair so soft and bouncy, yet no fly aways like with my john frieda and doesnt weigh it down either.
My hair is naturally shiny, but this also makes it shiny and it smells gorgeous, was really easy to blow dry too. I absolutely adore this!!!
Will definately rebuy and put my john frieda in the cabinet as a spare.

The price is fine for me, got it for less than 7 for 400ml which is cheaper than aveda products i have used in the past

Update: This product is great but i am getting some build up so need to wash my hair every day and use a citrus based shampoo once a week to remove product build up and limit oiliness. I tried the john frieda brilliant brunette again but found it made my hair lank so im sticking to this as it gives softness and bounce without dragging my hair down.

Also my hairdresser asked me what shampoo i was using as the condition, colour and shine was great, so it must be doing good!!

on 4/22/2009 11:46:00 PM

I have a very sensitive scalp and this is one of the only shampoos I can use without it getting irritated. Nice smell and keeps my hair soft. I have the bottle with the pump so I like that. Easy to use. I am a big fan of the TiGi products.

on 4/17/2009 10:20:00 AM

This is not nearly as bad as the conditioner. I also LOVE the smell of this (smells much better than the conditioner). Reminds me of coffee :) The packaging is great! I love the pump bottle and really love the name of this as well.

It did feel like this shampoo was cleaning my hair and felt very gentle. I may try this with a different conditioner to see if it could work.

Wont be re-purchasing, going back to my old faithful shampoo/conditioner.

Popular Shampoos