August 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Never ever ever ever again!! There wasn't one thing that I liked about this product or the company. It's ridiculously expensive and even after following the instructions perfectly, until the bottle was gone, my hair was limp and heavy. I had a very unpleasant experience with the company as well.. They charged me more every month even after I asked to discontinue. I ended up with a bill of over 100$ for one bottle of shampoo. Even if you can avoid dealing with their online company I wouldn't recommend this. After many years of trying this and that, I ended up going back to a simple shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yick. I can't stand the minty smell - and even the other fragrances seem to have a minty note.
Blech!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by greenfallshollow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, limp, dull hair so ordered this one night in semi-desperation watching the infomercial. As a side note, I've never ordered anything from an infomercial before or since! Anyway, that was a couple of years ago and I'm still using Wen. I have tried the other "flavors" thinking the only difference was the scent but nothing works as well as the Sweet Almond Mint. I can't stand the whole auto ship thing and the fact that this stuff is crazy expensive but I swear by it. The results are absolutely amazing for me. On the occasion where I have to use regular shampoo, it really hits home why I put up with the whole sales thing at Wen... because this stuff works like nothing else for me. I don't have to use any gels or conditioners or other products in my hair. I've never in my life had natural lift and body like I get with this shampoo. Oh, and I have hard well water, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LORRAINE14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I JUST WROTE A WHOLE REVIEW, AND MY LAPTOP TURNED OFF. THIS PRODUCT IS NO GOOD. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AS TO WHY?? FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AS TO HOW TO RESTORE YOUR HAIR. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE, AS THIS PRODUCT HAS RUINED MANY PEOPLES HAIR. HAIR IS THE PRIDE,AND JOY OF MANY PEOPLE. THIS PRODUCT WILL CONTINUE TO RUIN YOUR SCALP, AND CONTINUE TO MAKE YOU LOOSE SO MUCH HAIR. IT CAN DESROY YOUR SHAFT OF YOUR HAIR. THIS MEANS IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR, THIN, AND MIGHT NEVER GROW BACK AGAIN. I CAN TRY TO HELP YOU RESTORE WHAT YOU LOST. I HAVE BEEN IN FOR TWO MONTHS. MY HAIR WAS LONG, THICK, AND CURLY. IT IS NOW SHORT. THIN, AND VERY PINK. MY SCALP WAS RED, AND BLEEDING FROM THIS PRODUCT!! MY ADVISE TO YOU. 24 HOUR TEST ON A SECTION, OR DONT BUY IT. THEY HAVE A NEW CHEMICAL OR SOMETHING THEY ADDED SINCE 2008.GOOGLE THE STORIES BEFORE YOU TRY IT. THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD PRODUCTS OUT THERE. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE A VICTIM. YOU CAN CONTACT ME. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE, THAT I CAN RESTORE YOU HAIR. I JUST FOUND A SOULUTION TO MY PROBLEM AFTER TWO MONTHS. I PRAY IT WORKS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME. I WILL TELL YOU THE STORY!@! I WILL NOT BE DONATING TO THE CHILDREN CONFIDENTIALLY THIS YEAR! NO HAIR, DUE TO WEN. SO, I WILL GET COUSEL, NOT FOR ME. BUT, TO MAKE SURE THE CHILDREN HAVE HAIR FOR THE HOLIDAY. THANK YOU.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

This is only okay. I got this from a friend that was trying to recoup some of the cost she paid for an unwanted shipment of this stuff, lol. I like the feeling that it gives my hair if I use it only occasionally. I started using it regularly when I first got it, and my scalp constantly felt dirty and itchy. It weighed my hair down a bit. I just wasn't all that impressed. I use this now about once a week and it makes my hair feel pretty awesome. I like it, but it's nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by frannifran

I was skeptical of this because of it being an infomercial and all, but a friend who had been using it said that it made her hair noticeably softer so I decided to give it a try. Overall, I'm really pretty happy with it. The price is a little ridiculous but it's possible to make the stuff last. You definitely DO NOTTTT need to use the amount that they recommend -- use as much as you feel you need. I have fine hair but it's very thick, and the ends are bleached from having an ombre. This stuff makes my hair so soft that after the first use I couldn't stop touching it. The smell is nice but not overwhelming. I feel like it works best if I do sections at a time, and really scrub my scalp. like, REALLY scrub. It's usually annoying but my hair feels really clean after without the feeling of it being stripped or coated in waxiness. I use a clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks; it starts to feel like it looses its cleaning power after that long.

I noticed the ends of my hair looked and felt much healthier after a month of using it, and my hairdresser has commented about how healthy it is (I've been using it for 9 months now). All in all, it's worth the price, not a scam (other than how much they recommend you to use at once), and it gives great results. I buy a new one every time I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MGinAL

I bought this off an infomercial. I loved it for about 4 days then the next day the roots of my hair started looking greasy. I rinsed extra long and used NONE of this on the roots but still had to run out and buy my good old L'Oreal EverPure shampoo for colored hair. Now I use the EverPure shampoo and use this Wen for the conditioner. It's just okay. I was very disappointed. My hair is long, colored cherry black, fine, but have LOTS of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by stephessex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Noticed more hair fallout in the shower the first time I used it and the 3 days following. I liked the way my hair looked, but was concerned about the hair loss so I looked at online reviews and was horrified at all the women losing their hair with this product. I stopped using it and am seeing no hair fallout. It sounds like it clogs hair follicles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can understand the negative reviews from people who have fine, limp, thin, straight hair. This system would be overkill for such delicate locks. But I have a mop of heavy, thick, extremely long hair that I continually process with color and perms. It typically takes me 5 or 6 different heavy moisturizing treatments and silicone based oils to keep my hair smooth, shiny, and bouncy. If I don't go through an entire ritual of layers upon layers of products, my hair is a dry, frizzy, huge mess. My hair absorbs products like a sponge so I can use a ton of stuff daily and have no problems.

Upon first use of this product I could see a HUGE huge difference! Even in the shower, my hair just kind of fell into a big pile of silky smooth strands instead of feeling like a frizzy batch of straw with regular shampoo. I did mix this with one pump of the Six Thirteen I think it's called. Even with my extremely long, thick hair, I only used maybe 8 pumps of the Sweet Almond Mint Cleaning Conditioner, and 1 pump of the Six Thirteen. I left it for maybe 2 minutes, rinsed, then did just a couple more pumps of the Almond Mint and half pump of the Six Thirteen. I finished with half pump of Six Thirteen as a leave-in.

I used about a nickel sized amount of the anti-frizz styling cream.

Today my hair is extremely smooth, silky, and shiny. It does not feel at all heavy, though I could see with constant use of the Wen system, a person may get buildup. Buildup is GOOD for my hair and I try to achieve it, so I don't care. If I feel like my hair is getting greasy or oily, I will just use a normal shampoo for a day. And if oily greasy buildup becomes a problem, I don't mind just using this stuff as a conditioner and shampooing normally every day.

Yes it's expensive, but so is the other shopping cart full of products that I have bought and tried over the years. I have purchased and used up everything from the cheapest drug store stuff, to the $50 a bottle high end salon brands. At the end of the day, the result is always the same - need to use tons of product, layered on top of each other, to achieve smooth, silky, shiny hair. I am impressed that I've used a total of only 3 products to get the same result. So for me, much less product and less varieties of product for the same or better result.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by JJI74

Ok, this will be a unique review, I apologize in advance for the length of it, but I feel it's important info to know. I fell for advertising and purchased through the Gunthy Renker website.

I LOVE it. I have fine, coarse, super frizzy hair that is extremely hard to manage. After many tries, I finally figured out the number of pumps that work for me. It comes out easy and I don't mind the fact that it does not lather. My hair feels smooth and clean when I get out of the shower.

Fast forward to my running out. I purchased at Sephora the small bottle, since online and stores were sold out of the regular size. I used that up quickly and it was time for another refill. Sephora was again sold out, so I tried eBay and found it there. I placed the order and when it came, I noticed the label was different, but didn't think anything of it. I used in the shower, and the consistency was different and when I got out of the shower, I thought I had purchased a knock off because my hair was brittle and felt like straw, so contacted the seller asap. She informed me it was authentic and purchased from QVC. I went to the QVC website and compared the one she sent me with the one on the QVC website and she was right, they matched. I ALSO compared it to wenhaircare.com and saw it WAS DIFFERENT. I live in Los Angeles, near the Chaz Dean Studio, so I thought I would contact them and see what was up. Here is their response:

***"Thank you for contacting us. You may have purchased a Cleansing Conditioner from QVC or the Chaz Dean Studio and another from Guthy Renker. Guthy Renker carries a slightly different version of WEN than our website www.chazdean.com or QVC. They are both WEN products and are both created by Chaz Dean. Because of regulations on products sold internationally, the ingredient's through Guthy Renker have had to be changed slightly. Chaz worked very hard to make sure that the quality and philosophy behind WEN is still upheld, and that product performance would be identical.
As far as Knock off WEN products out there, unfortunately that does occur. The only way to ensure that you receive official WEN products is to only purchase
them through our website www.chazdean.com, the Guthy Renker website www.wenhaircare.com, www.sephora.com or through QVC or www.qvc.com.***"

*I* recommend the one from wenhaircare.com or sephora.com - that is the one that works for me. But you might want to try both and see what works for you. With all of the mixed reviews, I am wondering if this is the case with a lot of people who have ordered it. Had I not ordered from 2 locations, I would have never known.

Now to the downside...this stuff ends up being expensive :( The bottles themselves aren't too bad, but because you have to use so much, you go through it quite quickly. I have used 3 bottles in 2 months...I really love it. I don't want to repurchase, but I get random compliments on how nice my hair looks....which has NEVER happened before in my life. Argh. I can just step out of the shower, comb and go and let air dry....no fuzz, my hair is unbelievably soft and smooth. I really didn't want to like it, but I am hooked.

Good luck and I hope one of them works for you :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No