August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - ICE SHINE

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, really bad shampoo.
This claims to make your hair incredibly shiny, and on my hair, it looked well, dirty.

It made my hair a lot oilier than usual, and made my hair look really brassy. (I have light brown hair with a reddish tinge and some natural blonde highlights.)

I won't be repurchasing this shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Hafsaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not give my hair any shine at all and left it feeling dry. I will not be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this constantly over the past year and a half.. and I love it! I haven't went to a different shampoo yet. Used with the conditioner, it does amazing for my hair! Makes it really soft and adds a nice shine. Will continue to repurchase! : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by glamchick17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow this makes my hair so shiney I get a lot of compliments when I use this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Reddkatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am Asian with that thick, black coarse hair that Asians are famous for. I had to switch to this product because I couldn't find their Midnight Expressions anywhere. I have never had a problem with Pantene. I know that it's best to wash hair every few days, but I have to wash my hair every day or my hair gets limpy and weighed down. I have tried other shampoos like Garnier, Herbal Essences and they all seem to have made my hair heavier and more oily than before I was my hair.

I always come back to Pantene because it cleans my hair well and doesn't leave my hair limp like the other brands. And, after using Ice Shine I have been having more compliments about how pretty and shiny my hair is, that is even after having to color it every 2 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

I really wish I could go back and return this to Target. I am obsessed with the John Fredia Brilliant Brunette but decided to give this a go just for the heck of trying something new. WOW. BAD IDEA. It smells great and lathers up like crazy but when I rinsed my hair felt like the moisture was sucked out of it, it felt so stripped. The conditioner barely detangled or conditioned the mess that the shampoo left. Im better off using dish washing detergent to wash my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly, I've never had a bigger problem with build up than I did with this stuff. Someone posted on here claiming that if you just used a clarifying shampoo that it will solve the problem. I had to clarify my hair once or twice a week when I used this stuff, which is really bad for your hair. Clarifying strips your hair, and doing it too often can damage it more. There is no reason anyone should have to put up with the ridiculous amount of work involved in using this shampoo. It really isn't worth it. I got halfway through the bottle before I switched to a higher quality shampoo and SUPRISE! I no longer have a problem with build up. Don't buy this shampoo unless you want to have to buy other products that will get it out of your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to be accusatory, but I have to wonder if the people who have written extremely negative reviews on this product are using it correctly. I only say this because I have spoken to many people who don't understand product buildup and how to get the most from your their haircare products.

My hair is currently bra-strap length, and it is very fine but thick. My hair had been colored, highlighted, permed AND relaxed all in a short amount of time. This is a tremendous amount of stress to put on any hair, but especially fine hair. My hair had gotten dry and frizzy at the ends, and I was very afraid I was going to have to cut it all off. I gave myself a couple of protein treatments and a lot of intense conditioning to strengthen and soften my hair. This improved my hair, but it still fell out in clumps in the shower. I probably lost at least 50 hairs every time I washed it. On top of that, my hair still looked dull.

So I decided to try Pantene Ice Shine. I know that all hair stylists advise against Pantene, but they are trying to sell you salon products and services, and they often don't tell you the whole truth. Through the years, I have spent a fortune on haircare. I've tried so many salon brands and drugstore brands, and truthfully, I've never been more impressed than I am with Pantene Ice Shine. The shampoo has a rich lather, and I feel that it cleans my hair very well. The conditioner is rich, and leaves my hair very smooth and shiny. I have gotten so many compliments on how shiny my hair is, and I never heard that before. But possibly the best part of this is that I am losing MUCH less hair in the shower. This is the opposite of what most other reviewers have said, but honestly, I went from 40-50 strands lost to about 5. That is just a ridiculous decrease. I am absolutely THRILLED.

Yes, Pantene builds up on your hair. Pantene contains waxes and silicones, and this is what coats and protects your hair and makes it shiny. This does NOT have to be a problem, however. Once a week, I clarify my hair. This is ESSENTIAL when using Pantene!!! I recommend this with all hair products, but especially with Pantene. I have a feeling that a lot of people leaving negative reviews are not properly clarifying, and of course this is going to weigh your hair down and cause you to lose hair. Clarifying is not expensive or difficult. I use Suave daily clarifying shampoo (which is excellent...the best I have used), and lather with about a quarter-sized amount, rinse, then use another quarter-sized amount, gently scrunch through the ends, let that sit for about 1 minute, then rinse very well. I follow this with a good deep conditioner.

If you follow these directions, I assure you your experience with Pantene will be far more positive. Don't hesitate to give it a shot because of some scary reviews or what your hairdresser said. You might be like me and be REALLY surprised.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by HMB25

I bought this basically because I thought the packaging was kind of sleek and cool looking. (used it with the matching conditioner) I wasn't really in need of shine in my hair but just wanted a regular shampoo. Well, not only did I not get shine, I didn't even get soft, clean feeling hair. This stuff left my hair dry as can be. Made it so hard to brush out tangles and just left it feeling lifeless. Kind of straw like really and every time I used it, I just wanted to wear my hair pulled back rather than down because it was so dull. Now it sits in my bathroom cabinet because I just hate throwing things away. :( I will not be buying it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ohnoohno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not a fan of this product. Until about half a year ago, I consistently used this product for YEARS for as long as I could remember. However, the shampoo/conditioner made my hair fall out like crazy! When I was younger, it never seemed like my hair fell out a lot, but a year ago I noticed a large amount of hair loss. I seriously thought I was going to be bald...Before even finishing up my last bottle, I decided to stop using Pantene and try out Garnier Fructis. Now my hair does not fall out as much, and even my family has noticed the difference.