October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Chocolate Eye Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I checked "yes" that I'd buy it again, but its limited edition, so its almost impossible. Anyway, LOVE IT. Theres 7 colors, with a nice range of browns. 3 of them are shimmers, 4 are mattes. The shimmers are just right (I hate glittery shadows). Theres enough variation that you can use this for normal everyday makeup, or for smokey looks. The brush that comes with it is surprisingly decent for a compact brush, but small enough to control detail. The mirror is huge, the whole length of the palette. The price is a bit steep, $48. But its a nice way to get a ton of browns all in one place. I cant find any place online that ISNT sold out of these, except ebay, which is totally silly because these are supposed to be "Fall" colors, and yet they're sold out in mid-july. Shame on them, they should have made more. Anyway, the shadows are lovely, and its great that the compact reminds me of a hershey bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by nschoenberg

This pallette is really nice. . . gorgeous shimmery and matte eyeshadows in flattering neutrals. I know I'll use it quite a bit, but the $48 price tag was a bit hard to swallow. However, as a makeup/beauty product addict-I couldn't resist. Given that it is a limited edition pallette, I would recommend it to anyone who needs new eye shadows. . . today is my first day wearing some of the shades, but given previous experiencw with BB shadows, I am confident that they will wear well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by stilafanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm fairly new to BB, till I got this palette, i only had a few lip products of hers. I've wanted to try her shadows though, and what better way to try them than to buy a palette! It's a beautiful palette, especially for me since I love shimmery e/s, but am starting to get into mattes, so with this I can try both. Before I bought it, I had a makeover with it, and the MA used the Chocolate shimmer gel e/l, which looked lovely with it, however, I am using my Stila Espresso e/s line and it looks great with it. The price is a little on the expensive side, but you do get 7 e/s in it, so I would say it's worth it, unless you already have alot of neautrals. What I like best about this palette is that I can mix and match the e/s and always get a polished, classic look. I am really looking forward to trying more of BB. (NW20-25, blue-green eyes, cool toned)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by jane2

I'm an MMM with brown eyes and hair - I always wear neutral shadows and really like this palette because I can use every color in it. If you're a fan of brighter colors, this probably isn't the combination for you, but anyone who likes a natural look and doesn't already own thousands of browns/beiges should get this. I don't love the packaging - it's supposed to resemble a chocolate bar, but I think it looks cheap and the one I got doesn't close very tightly. The palette has a decent mix of matte and shimmer wash and a good variety of shades. I tend to use black or dark, dark brown to line, so I'm only planning to use these as eye shadow. They're not too pigmented, so it's easy to get a subtle wash of color (or to build up for a more dramatic look). Overall, good quality and a nice variety of neutral shades.

Update: I almost never use this palette - minus one lippie since I'm a creature of habit and should be reaching for it all the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 5:42:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was originally seduced into buying this palette b/c I thought the packaging was just too cute! It was also introduced in the middle of July, and I was so over summer's sweltering heat and humidity, that a peek of Bobbi Brown's Fall palette was as refreshing to me as a cool fall breeze. I saw the rich chocolate browns of the collection, and I was on my way! I got the eye palette home, and was surprised to see how wearable the colors are. Even in the dog days of summer, I was able to put together several looks, that were "seasonally appropriate". The various shades of bone, caramel, taupe and brown are incredibly blendable and flattering. There is also a mix of matte versus shimmer shades to play with as well. The enclosed brush worked great for application and blending, and the inside mirror was nice and large. I really thought I was going to regret this impulse purchase, but I am getting alot of use out of it already. I cannot wait until the cooler weather arrives, and I can pair it with some deeper cheek and lip colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by chinakat9

I so wanted to like this palette. After seeing the pic on the boards it looked so pretty! I broke down and ordered it and just stared at it for awhile. When I finally tested the colors they weren't that spectacular- just kind of eh. The brush it came with absolutely is worthless and the staying power wasn't that great, even with my UD PP. There are much better palettes out there that are less expensive with the same color combinations. Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first, I was skeptical about this product since, like most BB products, they're always hit/miss. When I tried this one on the counter, it was ok, but I'm liking it more and more now.

I believe the ladies below have described the color/texture, etc. perfectly. All I can add is that this palette is not just *browns*, but surprisingly nice variations of naturals: sparkling golden nude, shimmery pinky beige, neutral taupes, camel, tan, and of course.. delectable chocolate browns. If you're looking for something spectacular and edgy, you won't find it here, but if you're looking for an understated, polished, everyday look, you won't be dissapointed :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 3:22:00 AM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this from Gloss.com. I've been looking for a neutral palette for a long time. I work in the medical profession, so understated is my work face. This palette has everything I need to keep it neutral but to add a touch of pizazz. I'll probably have it for years but I would buy it again if I ever lost, or finished it. Another hit from BB.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ehojnicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful product!! I knew the moment I saw it, I had to have it and I am not disappointed. The colors are perfect together for a natural every day look and you can do so much with it. I only wish the package was black like the rest of her products but likewise, I am very very happy with this. It is an essential for everyones cosmetic bag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to have this one so I ordered from BB. I love it. I am a huge fan of neutrals and palettes. I have her nude on nude palette and her nude on nude shimmer one as well as this one just tops it off. I can create virtually every look I need with these three palettes and my Stila Barefoot Contessa and Holly-go-lightly ::singing at the top of my lungs:: HOLY GRAIL!

I am not heavy into eye makeup and I prefer a very natural look and with my coloring (MAC C5/6) this palette is perfect. I don't care for shimmer and always gravitate towards matte neutrals. I don't do smoky or sultry - I need a basic shadow from work until dinner/opera, etc and this is the ticket. The colors are gorgeous in the packaging as well as when you apply - I use my BB bronze shimmer gel liner on top of the chocolate powder (that can be used as a liner) for a nice POP.

This is a great palette for those who don't like to look as if they have on makeup (I am one). Very subtle shading that makes people take a second look.