Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 6/16/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this shampoo! I am mixed girl and its hard to find a shampoo and conditioner that keeps my hair moisturized however this is it! I love it after one was my hair was softer! This is it! I don't need any other shampoo but this one because it is perfect!

on 6/16/2013 12:01:00 AM

I used this when I was at my aunt's house. I didn't bring any shampoo with me so I saw this standing in the shower niche and tried it out. It was worse than Pantene smooth and sleek, it left my hair very straw like and coarse, and I had horrible hair in the morning thanks to this.

on 6/14/2013 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a my favourite drugstore shampoo. I used it all the time years ago and had no complaints about it. It was great for my damaged, bleach blonde hair when I couldn't afford Matrix Conditioning Balm and Shampoo.

There are clearly better, high-end shampoos, but for the price this is good. I don't use it anymore as I switched to a shampoo that had less acne-inducing chemicals in it. I have terrible acne and basically tried to purge as much stuff that would affect it. I have sort of fallen out of that practice, but still enjoy my more natural shampoo and conditioner more. Just wanted to throw in my two cents on past experiences with Herbal Essences and say I recommend it to those looking into buying it. Make sure you get the conditioner as well. I used to love the little factoids they had the on the bottles....don't know if they do that anymore. lol :)

I think this is a fantastic product . I have tried alot of herbal essences sahmpoos and this is by far one of the best ! It does not cause any build ups and makes my hair feel soft and smooth and light . It smells fantastic too ! i really recommend getting this

on 5/19/2013 3:21:00 PM

I've tried many different shampoos and always seem to fall back onto this one (along with the conditioner) Smells great, and makes my hair soft and shiny.

on 5/13/2013 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The shampoo is blue! I thought it was just the color of the container but the container is clear so the blue you see is the shampoo. I can't help but wonder if this might help with brassiness.
Anyways, my hair was suddenly brittle and rough. I had done a chemical treatment months ago that did not agree with my hair. I guess over time my hair lost moisture. I had been silicone free for years except for heat protection. Finally I gave in as silicone free products had really started to make my hair break more.

WOW! After just one use my hair was already looking great. With each use it just gets better. I use this weekly as a treatment to correct the dryness from using a chelating shampoo.
I have an oily scalp and I did not have any greasy hair issues as others have mentioned. Not even the next morning. It did add a little weight to my hair but not much. My wave was still intact around my face which is where it is the strongest.

The scent is coconut tropical but not overly strong like other Herbal Essences products. I can not handle scents.
I use this with the matching conditioner.

on 5/11/2013 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very average product for me. It smells really nice and leaves a nice shine however I don't find it very moisturising and my hair is still pretty knotty after using the hydration line but overall it's ok not the best or worst I've used

on 5/10/2013 8:07:00 AM

Don't understand the hate for this product! I have long, bleached blonde hair that's fine and in good condition and I get on with this well. It definitely doesn't weigh my hair down!

I will either use the shampoo on its own or use the conditioner along with a different shampoo, maybe if you used the two together it may be a bit heavy?

I usually use this after being in the pool as it's a really nice moisturising shampoo and makes my hair feel really soft and silky after all the chlorine gets into it.

The smell is gorgeous too :]]

on 5/10/2013 7:27:00 AM

I really hate this shampoo, it made my hair so greasy and my scalp was really itchy. The conditioner is okay, but not very spectaculair or very nourishing.

Disgusting shampoo. It leaves a very heavy, waxy, stiff build up with just one use. I can feel it in my roots when I start to blow dry. I would not recommend anyone to use this product. I have very thin / fine hair so it's easy for me to feel build up. Someone with thicker hair may not notice the build up and mistake it for being "moisturizing." Please do yourself a favor and switch to Aussie or Tresemme. Or if you want to stick with herbal essences, go with one of their shampoo's with the clear formula's. (Color Me Happy is great - Tousle Me Softly is the most drying.)

Popular Shampoos