La Mer Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

4.5

Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love la mer products because I think they preform exceptionally. However, the translucent powder made me break out. I never broke out from the neutral colored shades so I will try that one out before I completely dismiss this product. I absolutely loved the compact version and was dying to try this one out because its so much cheaper! Of course, I say "cheaper" loosely... it is stilll $65. Anyway, people will very sensitive skin such as mine should be careful about the translucent!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Aw, how to describe this powder? First of all, it IS good. My skin is dry, so I'm always wary of powder and worried it will make me look "cracked". This powder does not do that at all. It's a really nice product for dry skinned women. The color is lovely, a real nice neutral (all the shades). And it's very finely milled, a quality product. The amount in the tub, also, is pretty generous. So why the 3 star? Because it's not worth $65 or whatever they are charging now. I have a L'Oreal loose powder that I bought for $10. It performs JUST as well. So if you have the $$$ and you are dying to try it, you probably won't regret it because it's a good product. If you are, however, only concerned with performance and not easily seduced by pretty packaging/name brand, you can skip this one. While it is a good loose powder, there's nothing magical about it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've wanted this powder for a couple of years now, and I finally bit the bullet and bought it. I .. am.. in... love.

I tried this in translucent and in neutral, and neutral is much better in my opinion. A lot of people say that translucent is too glittery, however, I find that that's not really true. The sparkles BARELY show up on the skin, and it just gives you a very smooth looking complexion. The reason why I chose neutral over the translucent is because I feel that the neutral controls my oil a lot better, for some reason. Perhaps it's just coincidence? I haven't experienced any oiliness ever since I started using this product. I am VERY prone to clogged pores and breakouts, and It keeps my skin smooth, silky, matte, and blemish free. I even feel asleep with this powder on my face a couple of times (late night studying) and I never experienced breakouts. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

This powder seems to last all day on my combination (I guess normal now) skin.

I had been in a chemistry lab for 3 hours with safety goggles tightly over my eyes, which left a red mark around my face. It smeared off the foundation I had in the areas where the goggles were touching my face. When I stepped into my car, I dusted a little bit of la mer powder in those areas, and my makeup looked fresh again! My skin glowed and looked so healthy!! the redness around my eyes were almost 90% gone from the bit of coverage that it gives.

It doesn't cake up my makeup, and the powder particles are undetectable on the skin. I say that this was $65 well spent in my opinion. :D

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i was contemplating on getting this one but i told myself i have to get it since the reviews are "GREAT". I rushed to the department store after reading the countless of raved reviews...well, to me, more to exaggerated reviews. i think i will go back to my ettusais medicated day protective powder. At least its medicated. i have no idea wat the hype is about on this product. no coverage at all. please don't get suck in by the reviews just like me. :(

One pot of this can last me up to two years and in the long run it is a lot more economical than anything you could possibly buy in boots or superdrug. I always recieve an excellent level of customer service at La Mer too and really have faith in the brand. This powder is dreamy,i buy in the translucent shade,it sets foundation perfectly,it gives a soft glow like virgin skin, It comes in a generous size pot with a luxurious puff. This is the only powder i have ever repurchased and i would really recommend for all skin types,its so light and silky,it doesn't dry up or crease under the eyes. 5 Lippies!

i have it in translucent and the jar is huge with 25g of powder! will take me forever to go through this jar but if and when i do run out, i will instantly get anothe jar! great powder to set foundation or to use alone just on the t-zone to control shine. i really love the finish and it performs super nicely. this is a beautiful powder and it is worth every penny since one jar will last you ages....love it!

First I love NM, the people who works there are GREAT!!!
Westfield Topanga YEAH!!!!
I LOVE this Powder, I cannot say enough about how great my skin looks FLAWLESS...I use with Future skin foundation as La Mar does not have foundations in my color to bad...

I have used it both alone and over foundation.
First it is so light... I opted for the translucent
Over beige or neutral. Just because I did not want to add any
Extra color as this is the make up I will use for my wedding.
First the price seems kind of high but when you see how much you get it makes sense to me. I have oily/combo skin and so far no shine AT ALL… I would highly recommend this to everyone.

I absolutely adore this product ......... normally I am not a powder person (I prefer Guerlain's Balls in Mythic,) however, I decided to sample some of this powder on my arm at Nordstroms and loved how Translucent looked and decided to splurge ...... and glad that I did. The finish is perfection .......... so natural .............. and makes my skin look flawless. Alot of powders I note clash with moisturizers and sunscreen, however, La Mer's powder does not .............. it does not settle into fine lines nor does it clump ............... when I use this powder, you would not even know that I am wearing any as it is traceless. Highly Recommended. P.S. I also purchased the Powder Brush and prefer the brush over the powder puff that comes with the powder. Well worth the $65 price tag, especially considering the huge amount you receive ........ it will last a very, very long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this powder. Is it perfect? No, but it is the best I've ever used. It gives my skin a glow without adding tons of oil or sparkle.

Oily-skinned girls, this pretty much has no oil control so keep those blotting sheets handy!.

I will buy again because I would rather have a subtle glow and use an extra blotting sheet than no glow at all.

UPDATE: I'm able to get the best of both worlds--a healthy glow and oil control by first setting my foundation with MAC Blot in my oily areas and then dusting this all over face. 6 months later, I enjoy using this powder and I still have a lot of product remaining.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

very finely milled and super smooth. i have this beige 03, no sparkles, mattes but staying power in terms of mattifying is less than the laura mercier translucent loose i've tried. its better in terms of consistency because its so finely milled it doesnt crease into any lines on the face or around the eyes. blends very well. color looks ok in person but i feel like i should have maybe gotten neutral for the summer for a warmer tone and beige for winter when my skin is a little more pale. (argh they didnt have the neutral for me to compare when i was at saks that time, should have waited~!!! always compare people!)

barely noticeable pretty natural but under flash photography it shows up as a white cast (which is a big no no. i wonder if other shades are from la mer loose powder is like that) my laura mercier didnt have that camera flash ghostly cast problem not sure why this one did. the only problem with the laura mercier translucent is that if you apply too much it can get a bit chalky but your skintone/glow remains radiant. but without the camera flash it looks fine.

65bucks for a big chunky clumsy jar to travel with but lots of powder in it that would last. but since i don't i have the perfect shade down, its a waste of money for me with all that excessive powder i just might toss out. maybe i'll try the translucent and neutral sometime to further update. until now, not very satisfied with the color (dulls my skin more than before application and doesnt have any radiance to it), just evens skintone a bit and make it extremely smooth looking and to touch. imagine, matte but dulling the original skin glow too much but looks smooth. note: i already put highlighter on all the high parts of the face but with this over it it seems bit too dulling. will further update when i tried the other shades. so far not satified with it.

Recommended for Normal Skin