April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have it in translucent and the jar is huge with 25g of powder! will take me forever to go through this jar but if and when i do run out, i will instantly get anothe jar! great powder to set foundation or to use alone just on the t-zone to control shine. i really love the finish and it performs super nicely. this is a beautiful powder and it is worth every penny since one jar will last you ages....love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Holmes7575

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First I love NM, the people who works there are GREAT!!!
Westfield Topanga YEAH!!!!
I LOVE this Powder, I cannot say enough about how great my skin looks FLAWLESS...I use with Future skin foundation as La Mar does not have foundations in my color to bad...

I have used it both alone and over foundation.
First it is so light... I opted for the translucent
Over beige or neutral. Just because I did not want to add any
Extra color as this is the make up I will use for my wedding.
First the price seems kind of high but when you see how much you get it makes sense to me. I have oily/combo skin and so far no shine AT ALL… I would highly recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely adore this product ......... normally I am not a powder person (I prefer Guerlain's Balls in Mythic,) however, I decided to sample some of this powder on my arm at Nordstroms and loved how Translucent looked and decided to splurge ...... and glad that I did. The finish is perfection .......... so natural .............. and makes my skin look flawless. Alot of powders I note clash with moisturizers and sunscreen, however, La Mer's powder does not .............. it does not settle into fine lines nor does it clump ............... when I use this powder, you would not even know that I am wearing any as it is traceless. Highly Recommended. P.S. I also purchased the Powder Brush and prefer the brush over the powder puff that comes with the powder. Well worth the $65 price tag, especially considering the huge amount you receive ........ it will last a very, very long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by kozley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. Is it perfect? No, but it is the best I've ever used. It gives my skin a glow without adding tons of oil or sparkle.

Oily-skinned girls, this pretty much has no oil control so keep those blotting sheets handy!.

I will buy again because I would rather have a subtle glow and use an extra blotting sheet than no glow at all.

UPDATE: I'm able to get the best of both worlds--a healthy glow and oil control by first setting my foundation with MAC Blot in my oily areas and then dusting this all over face. 6 months later, I enjoy using this powder and I still have a lot of product remaining.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by cyau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

very finely milled and super smooth. i have this beige 03, no sparkles, mattes but staying power in terms of mattifying is less than the laura mercier translucent loose i've tried. its better in terms of consistency because its so finely milled it doesnt crease into any lines on the face or around the eyes. blends very well. color looks ok in person but i feel like i should have maybe gotten neutral for the summer for a warmer tone and beige for winter when my skin is a little more pale. (argh they didnt have the neutral for me to compare when i was at saks that time, should have waited~!!! always compare people!)

barely noticeable pretty natural but under flash photography it shows up as a white cast (which is a big no no. i wonder if other shades are from la mer loose powder is like that) my laura mercier didnt have that camera flash ghostly cast problem not sure why this one did. the only problem with the laura mercier translucent is that if you apply too much it can get a bit chalky but your skintone/glow remains radiant. but without the camera flash it looks fine.

65bucks for a big chunky clumsy jar to travel with but lots of powder in it that would last. but since i don't i have the perfect shade down, its a waste of money for me with all that excessive powder i just might toss out. maybe i'll try the translucent and neutral sometime to further update. until now, not very satisfied with the color (dulls my skin more than before application and doesnt have any radiance to it), just evens skintone a bit and make it extremely smooth looking and to touch. imagine, matte but dulling the original skin glow too much but looks smooth. note: i already put highlighter on all the high parts of the face but with this over it it seems bit too dulling. will further update when i tried the other shades. so far not satified with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recommend for everyone!!! Especially those like me with maturing skin who is seeking something that will impart a youthful radiance. I don't use it all over though. Just as a highlighter of sorts. Gives a VERY SUBTLE, barely there glow. I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion first, BE Prime Time foundation primer second, Revlon CS Buff comb/oily liq fndt (NC15) third. Next, I use Maybelline Dream Matte light 4-5 pressed powder to make my pores disappear and give a wonderful no-build-up soft finish, especially on my t-zones. Lastly, I use La Mer Translucent Loose Powder on my temples, cheekbones, and bridge. Gorgeousness!! This product combo is care-free for me. No touch-up necessary for at least 10-12 hours. I recommend!! A bit pricey, but the jar is HUGE. I dare say it will last me a veeeerrrry long time!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

ABOUT ME: Combination-normal, light-medium, neutral olive/yellow complexion (tans easily but pale in the winter), sensitive, prone to acne and seborrheic dermatitis.

TEXTURE/FINISH: The Beige color has no shimmer and a softly matte, natural-looking finish. The powder is fine, almost creamy-feeling, and very easy to blend. You can layer without it ever looking cakey or bad, it feels light and kind of melts into your skin. It's hard to believe that the main ingredient is talc. I prefer using a brush with this since it's a tinted powder and I don't want it to go too dark.

SCENT: None.

COLOR: There are 4 colors: Translucent, Creme, Neutral and Beige. I have Beige, which looks shockingly dark and orange-y in the tub. I figured it would be a disaster on me. But I dusted it on with my skunk brush (Px) and was surprised to find that it seemed to blend in without looking muddy or orange. It does seem to make my tinted moisturizers look too warm and peach for me. If I wear this powder, I usually only put it on over sunscreen and nothing else. My sunscreens generally pale me out a touch, so the La Mer powder adds a healthy, subtle touch of color.

PERFORMANCE: No breakouts, no irritation, no clogged pores. Does not provide much oil protection, though I rely on a layer of my silk and pearl powder combination to control my t-zone.

PACKAGING: I hate how substantial the tub is--it must weigh 10 lbs. and is made of thick, breakable (or at least chippable) glass. It feels and looks like a rock.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: $65 for 25 grams.

REPURCHASE?: I'm not sure. I'll probably continue to use this until I've finished the jar. I'll decide then whether it's worth another splurge and update this review.

INGREDIENTS: I don't have a complete listing for the Beige color, but I do know the main ingredient in the powder is talc. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder! At first I thought it made me look pale, but give it a minute or two and its fine!I use this over my La Mer fluid foundation and they work great together.

I won't say that it lasts all day, but I dont find that I need to put more on (if that makes sense?) I have an oily t-zone, but usually blotting does the trick! The reason I went for transluscent is that I already have pretty good skin and I HATE the powerdery, cakey look!I have def found my HG powder, I couldnt live without it!

UPDATE: I've pinched the lancome absolue loose powder from my mum as she did not like it (she's 52). I thought I'd compare it to my La Mer. The La Mer is soooo much better! The glow it gives you is amazing compared to this and the powder is also finer. The lasting power is about the same. I will keep alternating them and keep you updated!

Yes, its expensive at £55, but if you think about it, 25g is a hell of a lot! The mineral powders are usually like between 2 to 8g! I have decanted a small amound of this powder after thoroughly cleaning one of my mineral powder pots so I can carry the powder with me. The packaging is huge, but nevermind!I think this powder will last for ages, prob 2 or more years, as I've had it for a month and it still looks like I've hardly used any! So that makes up for the hefty price tag! I also think decanting it into a smaller pot means I will not open my big one every day (only every 2 to 3 months) so it will keep the powder more sterile if that makes sense?

I def think this powder if worth the investment. I have not tried the coloured ones. I may ask th SA to give me a small amount in a pot to try!

Will keep you updated!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first purchased the Cream color because I didn't want to be shimmery like Translucent looked. The sales lady was no help for helping me so I just went with info off the internet. I used creme for about a month and half and got to be really curious about the Translucent color. My skin is balanced, but I can look dull/dry at times. I have about NC20ish skin, pretty fair/light, but the creme gave me a kind of beige cast that made me look darker. So I exchanged for the Translucent and I couldnt be happier!!! :D

The sparkles are so negligible its funny, I shouldn't have worried Id look like the Tin Man or Glitter girl. The Translucent imparts a... I don't want to say glow because when I think of glow I think bright, but more of an aura of pretty porcelain skin. There are no shimmery bits when you apply it, at all. Its just pretty, and if you have okay skin it'll work great for you as a finishing powder or a quick powder to take away shine for the day. The enclosed puff is very soft, if you use the puff you get more coverage, but I prefer to use a soft fluffy brush, Lancome mineral brush to be exact. I will definitely purchase this again!! Price is minimal, this tub will last me 6 months at least I'd say.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MM43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years I used Lancome Dual Finish in Matte Amande III, but recently switched to La Mer The Powder in Neutral. What's funny and may have been a coincidence, is that the first day I wore this powder a woman stopped me in the parking lot of Whole Foods and said that I have very beautiful skin. Wow, this stuff is good! But really, I believe that if the color is complimentary to your skin tone it will have a lovely effect. Neutral is a light, somewhat peach tone and thus, very flattering. The Powder has such a light, natural finish and does not provide very much coverage. What is does do is give a light, beautiful, ethereal finish. I should add that I use this over the La Mer SPF 18 Fluid Tint in Medium, which is another great product. While I don't buy into the marketing claims of La Mer creams and lotions, I am very impressed with the quality of their cosmetics.