July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Flexitol - Heel Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ColoradoBlondie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ABSOLUTE BEST PRODUCT for heels. My heels have been transformed. They are like a baby's foot. Soft and perfect. I saw a major improvement in only a few days.....it was unbelievable. I now just use it once a day. If I wear boots all day at work, I put it on with socks. Or you can put it on at night before going to bed with socks. It is truly a miracle. I bought mine for under $6.00. I am beyond ready for sexy sandals for spring & summer this year!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been using the Ped-Egg and Aquaphor. It helped for a bit and then the dryness on my feet came back.

I got this a few days ago and it's awesome! I apply a small amount and then put socks on. My feet feel so soft and smooth.

I don't mind the smell......kind of medicine/lemony smelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This worked really well on my heels and the soles of my feet, which stay dry year-round and sandpaper-y through the winter. Regular application really makes a difference in how my feet look and feel. The trick is figuring out the best possible time to apply, especially if the aim is twice a day, because this stuff smells. It doesn't stink, it just smells...like (get ready) sweaty-but-fresh(?) feet. All I know is that I have to apply just before bedtime or else a much smaller amount in the morning while wearing gloves or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Tabby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the worst feet, always have had. Even as a child I noticed they looked and felt like blocks of unsanded wood, especially when compared with the delicate tootsies of my female -- and male -- pals. I tried this three years ago, and in one night -- One. Night. -- my feet went from unsanded wood to something approaching polished agate. Okay, bad metaphor, but honestly, this stuff works!

When I first started using it, I applied it twice a day. I would wear socks to bed, usually, but not always. Now, I use it only once a day unless I have been going barefoot or regularly wearing sandals or flip flops. Because of this product, I don't scrape myself unintentionally when I sleep, I don't snag my heels on my socks or hose, I can wear sandals again without fear, and I don't feel self conscious about occasionally going barefoot. This product has saved my feet, and it has improved my self esteem. If you haven't tried this product, you really should.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works great for dry rough ugly heels. After applying it to my feet, I rub the remaining residue into my hands instead of washing it off. I have no tingling, warmth or any other side effects from the urea content in this product except the pleasant results of relief from thick dry cracked skin. Has a mild odor reminiscent of latex rubber which slowly dissipates over time & isn't overbearing. The HAND balm, on the other hand, smells intensely horrible, & I'd like to know why the foot product doesn't smell worse than the hand product? I find myself using the hand balm on my feet & then washing my hands because I can't take the terrible smell. I don't have to do that with the heel balm. I don't get it. They both work great. The heel balm is a bigger tube than the hand balm (by at least double) & I got them both at the same price ($6 each -- the heel balm was on sale from $10 orig price) at Drugstore.com. Haven't been able to find this in stores but I read such great things about it that I ordered it. Well I will NOT repurchase the hand balm, but I will definitely repurchase the heel balm when I run out. This stuff is great & works overnight. Doesn't leave my hands or feet feeling greasy. In fact it sinks in very well & later my skin feels dry to the touch but it doesn't feel like it's dried out, it just feels comfortable. So it's nice that I add a better smelling lotion over this product if I wish.

The tube stands upright on its flip-cap & it's made of soft pliable white plastic. Maybe a little bit too soft of a tube, but it's better than a rigid tube or bottle which makes it difficult to get any product out. The balm is like a thick lotion or soft cream in an ivory color. The hand balm is thicker & more beige/tan in color & looks quite medicinal (and again it bears saying it smells much worse). If this cream had a bit of a nicer fragrance to it, it would be perfect! (especially the hand balm) But the Heel Balm is perfectly fine just the way it is anyway.

UPDT 5/19/10 -
I don't understand what all the hub-bub is about the new improved version of this wonderful foot cream. Curious about the formula change that seems to have angered a lot of ppl, I bought a box of this that says "NEW Improved Formula' & the color is still beige (not white) except it's a lighter shade of beige than the more yellow color it originally was. I still have a tube of the original formula to compare with & the new version is a bit more smelly than the original (same odor but stronger, yet still not as bad IMO as the Hand Balm).

The cream is still just as thick & rich as before & applies just the same, though perhaps leaves my skin feeling greasier longer before it sinks in. It's a dry-textured cream, not oily. And it still works great.
Old or new version, I'd repurchase this product any day. Now I have a bunch of backups, since I've tried all of Flexitol's balms including Diabetic Foot Balm (almost identical formula) though I am not diabetic but I wanted to compare the versions for any differences in texture, odor, effectiveness, etc. I purchased these all together from Drugstore.com which offers free shipping for $49+ total purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Rough, scaly heels, bottom of big toes now a thing of the past and I have tried all kinds of other OTC products (pretty much every body and hand lotion sold in the US, Kerasal (which worked OK, but not as good as this), shea butter, coconut oil (which worx great for the rest of my feet area), vaseline...) - this worx the best. 2 nights under cotton socks = much softer skin in the problem areas. Still need to use my Ped Egg if I want to get rid of ALLL the rough skin, but this stuff gets rid of 90% and frankly, I don't always have the desire or energy to scrape away w/ the Ped Egg. W/ this tube, I can sit in bed, slather on my feet, put on my socks and curl up under the covers. Definitely HG material (plus it is VERY reasonably priced at mass retailers like Walgreens, Target and (I think) Walmart. Recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I bought this last weekend because of the great reviews here. MUA comes through again for me!
My therapist said that my heels were the worst she had ever seen. So I went nuts.... I started shaving the rough skin, getting more pedicures and using a grater and a file also. I also used udder ointment from the Fleet Farm store. Then a year later I came across all the great reviews for this product and tried it. It's the best thing I have used yet for lotions. It's simple to use and I did it for 3 days and yes I did see improvement. I will still grate, file and get pedicures but this was a big help! This is at Walmart, Walgreens or Target if you need a place to find it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I always had dry heels. Not cracked, but dry and scaly. Tried to keep them in check by exfoliating at bath time, but now I am building a house and haven't had a bathroom for a while, and am too lazy to take foot baths. This cream works very well, I use it 1-2 time a day, depending on what I remember, and my feet look presentable again.
Also works great on SO's calluses on hands from working out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by rlaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foot balm. Keeps my feet soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by voodoochilde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a diabetic, I can't take good enough care of my feet. It used to worry me that my heels were dry and cracked to the point that it hurt to take a step at times. My husband asked a pharmacist what would be the best treatment for my heels and was told to buy Flexitol Heel Balm. Within three or four days of morning and night use, my heels are in fabulous shape. True, the scent isn't appealing, but for what it does for me, I don't even care. Besides, you can't really smell it that much after you throw on a pair of socks to lock in all that Flexitol goodness.