Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Becca Luminous Skin Color is a nice, sheer foundation/tinted moisturizer. It has a gel-like formula that is easy to blend onto the skin. I have this foundation/tinted moisturizer in Cashmere (for reference, I am MAC NC20), and it is a great color match.

Some things to consider are the following: 1) I think some oily-skinned individuals may not like the feel of this foundation--it may be more well-suited for individuals with slightly drier skin because it feels like it has more moisturizing properties to it, 2) the feel of this foundation is unique compared to other liquid/gel foundations I have tried in that it leaves the skin feeling a bit sticky to the touch. The stickiness isn't too bad, but it's definitely something that I have noticed and often touch my face for, 3) if you use the Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ (a highly-ranked sunscreen for it's relatively non-toxic ingredients, as listed on the Environmental Working Group website), you will want to steer away from this foundation--the combination of the two is unfortunately incompatible (the foundation binds to the sunscreen leading to unattractive balling of the sunscreen and foundation on the face, almost like you were scrubbing your face of dead skin cells). This is nothing against the sunscreen itself--the sunscreen is great, just don't pair it with this foundation, and 4) the foundation will harden and plug up the pump if you don't use it in a while. This last point will not be an issue if you are someone who doesn't experiment and change up foundations frequently.

As others have said this is very sheer but somehow this makes my skin look great! Although I don't have perfect skin (it's getting better but still have acne scars and redness) but I still love this product. It feels great like you're not wearing anything, it adds luminosity, has sun protection and other good-for-skin ingredients, and works well as a tinted moisturizer or as a primer for another foundation for days when you want more coverage.

I will never be without this product agin, I hope it's never discontinued!

I discovered this makeup recently through Pixiwoo blog and I have to thank them for that. I am currently loving other 2 makeups as well (Armani luminous silk and By Terry sheer expert) but each one for a different purpose.

This one (Becca) complements the others perfectly. This is similar to Terry�s 'Sheer expert' talking about coverage and finish (INCREDIBLY NATURAL) so same properties as the 'Sheer expert' but also contains reliable sunscreen (25+) and this is the bonus of this makeup against the others.

I would not use this to go to the office, as I prefer not to wear sunscreen if it is not necessary, but it saves my life when I go out on a sunny day and want to look perfect without looking like I am wearing make up.

Do not use if you have to cover many blemishes as it will not work (it is something in between a tinted moisturizer and a make up). Although need to say that it will totally cover minor blemishes.

Besides: it really moisturizes my skin, does not irritate at all and no breakouts at all after some months of use.

Update 11/20/2015: I stopped using this long time ago because I noticed that an spf25 was not enough to protect my skin from sun damage. Now I use Daniel Sandler invisible radiance foundation (without sunscreen) and when I need sun protection I use an spf50 underneath. Works great!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the product I wanted to love 6 years ago (the whole Becca ethos was so appealing), but at the time LSC and my hormonal acne-prone skin did not get on at all. Last summer I walked past a Becca counter (rare sight these days), got chatting with the MUA and decided to try the mineral powder along with the LSC again. To cut a long story short, I have been wearing LSC almost every day ever since. My skin issues have more or less settled and now being in my mid 30s I enjoy the luminosity I get from the LSC. My skin definitely looks much better (and younger) with it on, even though it does not cover much. I use a mineral sunscreen first as I have some hyperpigmentation and then apply LSC liberally. For extra coverage I sometimes use the stick foundation on red areas, but other times I just mix in a tiny amount of Dior forever foundation. I don't even use concealer, only powder. I like Becca's loose powder, mineral pressed powder or Laura Mercier's universal powder, all work well on the T zone after the LSC. Of course I need to blot a couple of times during the day, but the LSC outlasts my 12-hour working days. It's also reasonable value as it lasts around 4 months with daily usage.

I'm 32 years old and have been using Becca for about 4 years now. It's the most natural and beautiful makeup. It makes your makeup look amazing without even looking you have it on. Yes, it is very sheer....which is why you MUST purchase the tinted moisturizer, concealer stick and powder (or any good powder will work). The three combination is what gives you the total look. Concealer stick is used for anywheres you have redness. I place it all on my cheeks, nose and a little on my forehead. I do not have any acne scars and pretty much have very clear skin....the only problem is redness and a bit uneven skin tone. If this skin is yours.....PURCHASE these items!!! Its long lasting as well. I am not a big fan of foundation but I love flawless looking skin....this does the trick.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a true tinted moisturizer rather than foundation. To achieve the "Becca look" I have to use the loose powder over this to set the look. Luckily the Tan shade worked well, that is it gives me light, even coverage on a good skin day. This is awesome for the winter/dry season because of the mineral oil ingredients. But in the summer, well, my face is an oil slick after a few hours. I won't use moisturizer or sunscreen with it because I get really shiny. So, it's most appropriate for near clear complexions looking to even out color. The scent doesn't bother me much. The amount you get in the bottle is more substantial than other brands.

For more of a foundation in a tinted moisturizer I strongly suggest Shiseido. At least that's what I use when going out on the town or for my bad skin days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is by far the best tinted moisturizer I've used. Very lightweight and sheer but gives enough coverage without looking made up. I have received numerous compliments from friends about the way my skin looks when I wear this. The only downside for me is the scent. It has a sweet almost floral scent to it that is not too overpowering. My skin is very sensitive but so far, has not reacted to the scent( and I'm hoping that it doesn't). Another is the price. It retails for $42 is quite expensive for what it is and the sad thing about it is that I know I will be repurchasing it again.

This isn't really foundation. It's a tinted luminizer. I have not yet found a tinted moisturizer as sheer as this product. If you do not have perfect skin, you will need to supplement it with a foundation stick or tinted powder and then what is the use?

What is a shame is that Becca has wonderful customer support and is very generous with sending samples to you since they realize they are no longer in Sephora so not as readily available. They also create a wide range of shades so, therefore, everyone should be able to find their shade.

The problem is the formulation. Not enough tint, too much greasy moisture and only for those who are blessed with perfect skin. I had to supplement it with another type of foundation and then used powder to tone down the shine. If you have combination skin like mine, you will have to blot in the afternoon on a 70 degree day. Not acceptable.

I also tried to pair it with a mattifying primer. While applying it over the primer I could see the primer being moved around on my face and deposited like clumps on my face. This product doesn't play well with other products, not even it's own Becca primer. Finally after applying Smashbox Halo powder over top did I finally have a nice smooth canvas. This is a tribute to Halo, not this Becca product.

I am currently trying out tinted moisturizers from HourGlass, Tarte, Smashbox, Laura Mercier and a few others. With such a good selection, there is no reason to settle for second-rate. Becca needs to go back the drawing board and rethink what a tinted moisturizer should be. This ain't it.

I've changed climates and have been suffering from dry skin this autumn and this, combined with a new exfoliant has actually saved my skin! My skin was flaking around my mouth, my eyes and around my nose. People kept commenting on it and I felt awful, plus it stung when I exercised and always felt tight. This is so moisturising and is also less sheer than I thought it would be. I was expecting a consistency similar to that of LM TM but this is so much better! My skin looks dewy and fresh without looking oily/greasy. I only regret not buying this earlier!

This very sheer foundation (more like a tinted moisturizer, really) comes in 15 different shades, including pink toned, yellow toned and neutral toned ones, up to the very dark side of the skin color spectrum.
Since the product is very light and transparent, you can fall between 2-3 colors and get away with a one that is a tad bit too dark for you, in my opinion.

The product comes in a sleek light plastic bottle with an airless pump, which is very nice. I use 1-1.5 pump for the whole face when applying with a Mac 190 foundation brush.
It has an SPF of 25, which is always a bonus in my book, and it smells very nice - kind of a vanilla scent- but not to the point that it will bother you once it's applied.

This is an extremely lightweight product, actually I'm not surprised Becca includes it in the "priming" step of their "skin perfecting makeup system". Unless you're a 16 years old model with perfect skin, you won't be able to get along with wearing this on its own, as it doesn't hide muchat all. It's actually meant to be used together with the stick foundation and/or the concealer. But it does give a lovely radiance to the skin, and it evens it out nicely excepted for discolorated or hyperpigmented areas.
And it does last extremely well on the skin, even when the weather is a bit extreme.

This foundation is not cheap, but you do pay for a great quality: 50ml, USD42 - £33. Also note that 50ml is more than you usually get in a foundation bottle, the average being 30ml.