September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by raegze22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 32 years old and have been using Becca for about 4 years now. It's the most natural and beautiful makeup. It makes your makeup look amazing without even looking you have it on. Yes, it is very sheer....which is why you MUST purchase the tinted moisturizer, concealer stick and powder (or any good powder will work). The three combination is what gives you the total look. Concealer stick is used for anywheres you have redness. I place it all on my cheeks, nose and a little on my forehead. I do not have any acne scars and pretty much have very clear skin....the only problem is redness and a bit uneven skin tone. If this skin is yours.....PURCHASE these items!!! Its long lasting as well. I am not a big fan of foundation but I love flawless looking skin....this does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lenaoliver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a true tinted moisturizer rather than foundation. To achieve the "Becca look" I have to use the loose powder over this to set the look. Luckily the Tan shade worked well, that is it gives me light, even coverage on a good skin day. This is awesome for the winter/dry season because of the mineral oil ingredients. But in the summer, well, my face is an oil slick after a few hours. I won't use moisturizer or sunscreen with it because I get really shiny. So, it's most appropriate for near clear complexions looking to even out color. The scent doesn't bother me much. The amount you get in the bottle is more substantial than other brands.

For more of a foundation in a tinted moisturizer I strongly suggest Shiseido. At least that's what I use when going out on the town or for my bad skin days.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by allegra627

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best tinted moisturizer I've used. Very lightweight and sheer but gives enough coverage without looking made up. I have received numerous compliments from friends about the way my skin looks when I wear this. The only downside for me is the scent. It has a sweet almost floral scent to it that is not too overpowering. My skin is very sensitive but so far, has not reacted to the scent( and I'm hoping that it doesn't). Another is the price. It retails for $42 is quite expensive for what it is and the sad thing about it is that I know I will be repurchasing it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Suselew

This isn't really foundation. It's a tinted luminizer. I have not yet found a tinted moisturizer as sheer as this product. If you do not have perfect skin, you will need to supplement it with a foundation stick or tinted powder and then what is the use?

What is a shame is that Becca has wonderful customer support and is very generous with sending samples to you since they realize they are no longer in Sephora so not as readily available. They also create a wide range of shades so, therefore, everyone should be able to find their shade.

The problem is the formulation. Not enough tint, too much greasy moisture and only for those who are blessed with perfect skin. I had to supplement it with another type of foundation and then used powder to tone down the shine. If you have combination skin like mine, you will have to blot in the afternoon on a 70 degree day. Not acceptable.

I also tried to pair it with a mattifying primer. While applying it over the primer I could see the primer being moved around on my face and deposited like clumps on my face. This product doesn't play well with other products, not even it's own Becca primer. Finally after applying Smashbox Halo powder over top did I finally have a nice smooth canvas. This is a tribute to Halo, not this Becca product.

I am currently trying out tinted moisturizers from HourGlass, Tarte, Smashbox, Laura Mercier and a few others. With such a good selection, there is no reason to settle for second-rate. Becca needs to go back the drawing board and rethink what a tinted moisturizer should be. This ain't it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by kendalmay

I've changed climates and have been suffering from dry skin this autumn and this, combined with a new exfoliant has actually saved my skin! My skin was flaking around my mouth, my eyes and around my nose. People kept commenting on it and I felt awful, plus it stung when I exercised and always felt tight. This is so moisturising and is also less sheer than I thought it would be. I was expecting a consistency similar to that of LM TM but this is so much better! My skin looks dewy and fresh without looking oily/greasy. I only regret not buying this earlier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This very sheer foundation (more like a tinted moisturizer, really) comes in 15 different shades, including pink toned, yellow toned and neutral toned ones, up to the very dark side of the skin color spectrum.
Since the product is very light and transparent, you can fall between 2-3 colors and get away with a one that is a tad bit too dark for you, in my opinion.

The product comes in a sleek light plastic bottle with an airless pump, which is very nice. I use 1-1.5 pump for the whole face when applying with a Mac 190 foundation brush.
It has an SPF of 25, which is always a bonus in my book, and it smells very nice - kind of a vanilla scent- but not to the point that it will bother you once it's applied.

This is an extremely lightweight product, actually I'm not surprised Becca includes it in the "priming" step of their "skin perfecting makeup system". Unless you're a 16 years old model with perfect skin, you won't be able to get along with wearing this on its own, as it doesn't hide muchat all. It's actually meant to be used together with the stick foundation and/or the concealer. But it does give a lovely radiance to the skin, and it evens it out nicely excepted for discolorated or hyperpigmented areas.
And it does last extremely well on the skin, even when the weather is a bit extreme.

This foundation is not cheap, but you do pay for a great quality: 50ml, USD42 - £33. Also note that 50ml is more than you usually get in a foundation bottle, the average being 30ml.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Foundation is a misnomer for this product because it really is super light TM. I mean SUPER light. Lighter than theBalm TimeShelter, WnW, Kiehls... I put this into the YSL Apricot Complexion Enhancer camp of sheer lovely colour. There have been other reviews that describe it much more eloquently than I ever could, but needless to say, if this is your only face product, well done because it means you've got stunning skin already.

Because I am not so blessed, I love using this with Becca's Mineral SPF Primer. I believe these products were absolutely made for each other,as the primer goes on with a bit of a white cast (even though I'm very fair, NC 15-20). Perhaps I use too much as I want to ensure that I'm getting the right amount of sun protection because I use retinol at night. However, putting LSF in Nude on top of the primer creates a magical, smooth soft skin tone, texture, surface, than only gets better as the day goes on. A bit of concealer on any spots + undereye circles, a dusting of Coastal Scents silica powder and I'm done. For the day. Yes, for the day. Granted its not summer yet, but I have high hopes for this combo.

For those with particularly dry or problematic skin, I would suggest using LSF as a base before a powder foundation as it is pretty moisturizing and can give that touch extra coverage so you don't need as much heavier foundation.

Honestly I'm happy to have jumped onto the Becca bandwagon. LSF is one of those products where girlfriends say "wow, you look well rested" whenever I wear this. And trust me, for someone who sleeps as little as I do, this is possibly the best compliment I can receive.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by firekist

I have been using this sheer foundation in camel for about a year. I am of asian decent and personally find that becca has given me the best color match of all the foundations I have tried. It is very hydrating and I use the stick foundation as a concealer. I usually follow up with a loose powder, but am now actually trying to use less powder, so sometimes I just use the foundation all alone by itself. The only con is that there are not many places that sell this brand. I have to order through a spa. Once the spa ran out of my color, and I had to place an order and wait until it was available at the spa, so order ahead of time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time in a long time that I've gone out to buy a foundation the proper way. I've been using TM's for so long that I've never bothered to be colour-matched at a Myer/DJ's counter. The last time was when I bought Chanel's Teint Innocence (and even then, I still had to go back for an exchange because the colour I was given, Petale, was too dark). Anyways, I wanted a change from my trusted LM TM in Nude, which I knew was gonna slip off my face come summertime. That and also I wanted something with a little more coverage since one day I looked in the mirror with glasses on and nearly fainted. The SA was really nice and helpful. I walked away happy with the LSC in Cashmere, Concealer in Banana and FLFP in Sesame. However, when I got home, I was a little concerned that the product that I pumped out was extremely watery, more so than Revlon's New Complexion. Shaking the bottle did not make it less watery. I did not remember the product being so watery in store. But I put a small amount on the back of my hand and, using my MAC 190, began applying the foundation. I'm actually glad its so runny. It makes the application much easier and blending so much more seamless. I understand that this is a barely-there foundation, and is really more close to a TM, but I love how it gives my skin a really nice glowy effect, while still looking natural, and it definitely gives much more coverage than the LM TM. You do need powder to set it though as I believe its too hydrating/moisturizing to go without, and I do not think it would be suitable for oily to very oily skins. My skin is combo, I haven't experienced any breakouts yet and its summertime right now in Australia. So hopefully this is an HD for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great tinted moisteriser - this is NOT a foundation by any means & the sa explained this to me beforehand - Becca does a stick foundation if you want coverage.

the coverage is super sheer, the foumula is very runny & you definately don't look like you've got anything on afterwards, it just evens out your skin a little which is why i like it. as suggested by the name,'luminous' skin colour means it is shiny & does not control oil at all - i bought the pressed powder in the corresponding shade & pat it on aftrewards & i try to use something else for my nose as it's so oily!

i have combination/oily skin skin [all normal except my oily nose], no acne, no scars, just a bit uneven in tone - some redness in my cheeks, pores on my nose & dark undereye circles. this will not cover any of those things so you will need concealer definately if you have dark circles.

i am an nc25 & got this in nude & the foundation i got in macadamia & the powder in seasame.

recommend if you want a good tinted moisteriser with good sun protection. don't get if you want coverage.

i don't think i'd buy again as it's a bit shiny for my liking & a bit expensive but i'd definately use the bottle i have up =)