July 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very think, very long lasting lip balm. I would not say it actually moisturizes, it stays on top of lips and protects them. This is good when going out in the extreme cold, or doing sports or other activities where you cant reapply (like working in a hospital!!). Cause its probably the only thing that will stay completely on the entire time.

So I was running all over walmart trying to find lanolin and all this time it was hidden under a different name in the baby section: Nipple Cream haha!

I have not tried it on my nipples because I havent had a baby yet :( so I dont know how it works for that but Id imagine it would be very uncomfortable and sticky agains your bra haha!

and no one would ever rebuy it, it will last like 7 years!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Kaijia

This really is a very good 'secret'. I tend to use it at night before I go to sleep, and most often wake up thereafter with perfectly moisturised, slightly plumper lips.

One lippy off because I find that using this as an overnight treatment, unlike Nuxe Reve de Miel balm, does not guarantee that I won't need to use any more lipbalm throughout the rest of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Some advice for those actually using this product as a nipple ointment, i would recommend this over the increasingly popular lucas's paw paw ointment as a midwife advised me that the fermented paw paw can contain microbes and other things which under normal usage is totally fine but when b/feeding it may make your nipples more prone to infection. This is really important if you've suffered from the horryfying pain of sore cracked nipples (like i have) or mastitis (god forbid i won't suffer this!), and whether the advice is true or not i thnk, why take chances? (i can use Lucas's for my lips!)
I find lansinoh very soothing and it lasts on the nipple very well, protecting the very tender skin when you first start breastfeeding and even now when they have 'toughened up' somewhat it reduces the sharp stabby pains after feeding (know what i'm talking about ladies?!) In my opinion it is indespensible, and if your not b/feeding why not grab a tube as a gift for an impending mother, it will be one of the most useful gifts they'll recieve, especially if your like me and just thinking about surviving labour and kind of forgetting that at end of it you will have one very hungry baby that wants just wants to be fed 24/7!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I would buy this again a MILLION times over. I picked it up at a drug store 40 grams for $12. My lips were incredibly dry, and so was my facial skin. I have tried a multitude of products, but none of them worked. Not like this. The side of my lip had gotten so dry, even with constant application of chapstick, that it was bleeding. I put this one and in six hours my lips wear better, with in 24 hours, healed. My facial skin got dry and flaky and I tried this all over my face, over night the flaky stopped. Nothing had stopped this before. This was fantastic. Obviously some people have allergies and I would not recommend this for them. Because of this, I can wear lipstick. Before I was about to give them up because my lips just cannot handle any lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by karenandwill

This may sound funny, but I use this on my nostrils with my nasal pillow cpap mask, it is petroleum free (safe for the mask), keeps the skin from getting chapped and the tube lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is very similar to Dr. Lipp but about $4 dollars less for twice as much product. I like how thick and heavy this is. It really locks in the moisture. The only problem I have with this product is the packaging; the flip top lid could fit a little more snuggly. Other than that, this ointment is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff was a life saver in regards to breastfeeding. I then read how this can also be used as a lip balm. Works great. Just a little goes a long way. I prefer it to Carmex now. It also works great for cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I discovered this late into my breastfeeding with my 1st born, it was such a lifesaver! So by the time i had my 2nd then 3rd kids i was well prepared with my lil tube of this stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing else heals my cuticles when they are chapped and split. Or prevents them from cracking. I massage this ointment on before typing and when I'm finished, my cuticles feel nourished and comfortable. I apply this on my cuticles too just before removing nail polish so they don't dry out. I always buy the travel sized packets so I can take them with me anywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I've been using this product for almost two years. I had chronic dry, chapped lips my whole life, and frequent breakouts of angular cheilitis. My dentist noticed my condition during a checkup, and reccomended this. :) Since using this product my lips are soft, full, smooth, and I can go hours without reapplying, when before I would have to apply lip balm religiously, every half hour or more frequently. I have had no issues with the angular cheilitis since using this, thankfully ! It can be used as a hand cream, on cuticles, feet, etc. I only gave it four lippies just because lanolin is notorious for clogging pores. When I forget and kiss my boyfriend with this on, and then he kisses my face or shoulders I breakout.:( Also sleeping, it can smudge onto your face from your pillow, so be cautious if you're acne prone!