Beauticontrol Wet/Dry Compact

4.2

on 1/20/2004 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I have used MAC Studiofix for 6 years. I just recently switched to Beauticontrol. I absolutely love it. I definitely beats Studiofix which is surprising, because I really like Studiofix. This foundation is definitely worth a try. I have acne prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out at all.

on 12/4/2003 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the HG of foundation/pressed powder!! If I want foundation, I wet the sponge and you have great sheer coverage. If I am just running to the store real quick, I put this on in 5 seconds, and I have beautiful skin! THIS IS THE BOMB!!!!!

on 4/8/2003 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beauticontrol is one of my favorite brands. The wet/dry compact covers like a liquid foundation. This is the best I've ever tried.

on 1/31/2003 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow I love this! I've used this on and off, whenever I had a breakout that I wanted to cover naturally. I like how it provides sheer coverage without making me feel like I was wearing a ton of heavy make-up. It hasn't made me break out, either. It's a bit too heavy for everyday wear on me but it's great for the occassional breakout. I think I'll be buying this again if I ever run out.

on 1/24/2003 11:01:00 AM

I have been using this product on and off for years. I've used it wet and dry with great results both ways. It's never changed colors on me (I use the "Nude" shade). It evens out my skintone. I've tried the MAC Studio Fix and it just doesn't compare.

on 1/13/2003 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for the last 10 years and I wouldn't have any thing else.It offers the perfect coverage, as with any new product you have never used before, always experiment with your new stuff and see how much or how little it will take to get the job done...I recommend this to everyone who has the appropriate skin type to use it, as it is for oily to combo. skin. If you have a set of makeup brushes, try using it dry with a brush instead, for an even better look than with the included sponge.

on 1/11/2003 10:06:00 AM

I'm a bit surprised at the negative reviews on this product because this is my favorite foundation ever! If you want light/daytime coverage, you put it on dry like a powder, but coverage is much better than a powder! It goes on so smooth and fast, not messy. If you want a heavier coverage, wet the sponge, ring it out so it is damp and then apply. I use the dry application most of the time for a fast easy application and it covers better than lots of liquid foundations I've used. Mine lasts about 3-4 months and I use it daily. I think they have a great color selection. Go online and you can hook up with a BC consultant. They'll do a full-face makeover for free and you can try all the shades to see which works best for you!

on 7/9/2002 12:50:00 PM

This powder does not control shine at all, plus the shade selection with Beauticontrol is very limited. I chose Nude, and it turned orange-y at the end of the day.

on 4/15/2002 12:56:00 PM

I love this...as a powder! If I tried to wear it wet it wet on so cakey..there was no way I could go out of the house! I have to say that this is probably the best powder foundation if you can get a good colormatch. I have nude and it is perfect..I usually wear it over foundation..but I like a heavier coverage. It can be worn by itself for a light to medium coverage.

on 6/4/2001 9:17:00 AM

Wet/Dry Foundation goes on wet for a sheer to heavier coverage. For me I feel you can make it very very sheer with a damp sponge. Sponge included in compact and kept separate from makeup. Or you may use dry. You can also use as a top over your liquid foundation. Makeup best suited for oily or combination skin. Non-comedogenic. I felt this was comparable to the Lancome dual finish foundation I used to use. Many many shades offered!