April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by nightlydevil

EW! Who likes the smell of this stuff??? Maybe they've changed the formula since all those glowing reviews were written, but it smells AWFUL. It's like musty, old lady perfume that's been sitting in the sun for awhile. I never would have bought it if I'd smelled it first, but I was in a hurry to get home and I remembered reading good things about it. I'll probably give it away since I can't return it.

That said, I still gave it 2 lippies for working decently and not being too expensive. It's pretty much your standard conditioner. I didn't find it too drying like some reviewers, and so far it doesn't seem to weigh my hair down either. My hair is pretty healthy and manageable anyways, so that's not saying much.

In summary: smell before you buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by cady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works pretty well but not any better than most conditioners, so its nothing special. However it smells absolutely TERRIBLE! I know that I seem to be in the minority here, but I just can't stand the smell, it's not fruity or floral at all - it almost reminds me of the sort of spicy-ish smell that some churches have. I don't want to be wasteful and throw it out, but none of the several people who I've tried to give my nearly full bottle of it want it because it smells so bad. However, it is pretty cheap & its nice that it is natural and cruelty free so if you like the smell it would be a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I havent reviewed this product yet. It is super cheap, smells very refreshing. It's extremely creamy. I bought this on a whim because I was cheap and was using Suave, which left my hair extremely dry and coarse. This changed my hair literally after first use. It leaves my hear soft and smooth. I've only used the conditioner so far, about 6 months, but next time, I will try both shampoo and conditioner. Go Trader Joe!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by galofmush

I use the TJ's Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner and have been VERY impressed with both. I was looking for a sulfate-free shampoo, but didn't want to pay a ton of money. After hearing loads of recommendations for this brand, I decided to hop on over to our local Trader Joe's and pick up a couple bottles. I could not be more impressed! My hair is so much softer, more manageable, and I've definitely noticed less damage. The conditioner is shockingly really thick and does an excellent job of moisturizing! I like the nice light scent that's not overpowering. My only complaint would be the bottle. After a while it seems to collapse in on itself, making it hard to squeeze and get the conditioner out easily. This is my 2nd bottle and it's happened both times. But nothing taking the cap off and getting it out that way won't solve! Definitely will continue to use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this based on the rave reviews on MUA as well as the addictive smell of the conditioner. I have fine and oily hair that's pretty long, so the ends are dry and I needed a light condioner I can use after shampooing. At 2.99, this is a huge bargain considering that it makes my hair shiny, soft, and detangled. I use only a tiny amount each time and my hair definitely feels less frizzy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ilovekyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I should preface this review by saying that, though I haven't written a product review in quite some time, I felt the need to express my love for Trader Joes Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner to the greater Makeupalley population. This conditioner is an absolute miracle for my mid-back length, thick curly hair, being silicone free yet somehow able to moisturize and detangle my hair equally as well as and maybe even better than any of the more expensive silicone free conditioners I've used (TiGi Oatmeal & Honey, Brocato Cloud 9, Regis DesignLine Olive Oil, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin etc).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product has become a cult favorite of 'curly girl' devotees. I was passing a Trader Joe's in NJ & decided to stop in to pick this up after reading several rave reviews on curlygirl.com. They only had 1 bottle left and at $3 I quickly snatched it up!
I really love this condidtioner. It contains no 'cones' (but does have parabens unfortunately) & is chock full of natural ingredients. It has a wonderful light herbal scent and provides plenty of creamy slip for daily conditioning. It also makes a great co-wash and leave-in conditioner. My only complaints are that it doesn't come in an economy size and that the closest Trader Joe's is 45 mins away (out of the way) and it cannot be purchased online. Kind of a hassle for a product I use SO much of, but well worth it IMO! 1 lippie off for parabens:(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by rosheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good stuff! I haven't tried that many conditioners, and only a few have been "expensive" brands, but this one has got to be the best I've used. I've come to realize that my hair does not like sulfates!! This alcohol-free, sulfate-free conditioner is so nice. Good smell too and just thick enough to coat the hair just right and then leaves a smooth feeling without residue. Have yet to find a conditioner that is paraben free as well but I will keep searching. Hopefully it comes from Trader Joes because I looooove the $3 price tag. Paired with the shampoo, I can honestly say that this stuff single-handedly has changed my hair to be twice and soft, curly and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by girlwithcurioushair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This conditioner has the better ingredients for the price than any other organic hair product I've ever found. It's very thick and rich, moisturizes and detangles well and does not contain silicones or artificial fragrance. The scent is fresh, citrusy and not overdone. The only drawback is that it does have parabens, but to get a comparable product without parabens you'd have to pay at least $10-15 more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Hair type - 4B non-relaxed color treated dry afro textured

This is my HG multipurpose conditioner. Excellent slip, very moisturizing, the tangles just melt away. Smells good. My many uses:

1. add grapeseed & castor oils with gylcerin as a leave in.
2. co-wash
3. deep conditioner (with or w/o heat)
4. shave cream

$3 usd, it some protein but it's far down on the list.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No