October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Cuticle Eraser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with this product! It makes my cuticles look so much better. I use it at least 3-4x a week. The container is in a squeeze tube so you get just the right amount. Price is not bad either. At the time of this review, it is 0.5 oz for $4.98 or 1.75 oz for $9.45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by kjo86

I have this and love it. Thought I would post the ingredients for those times when you would like to know what is in it ;)
INGREDIENTS:
Complete Ingredient Listing:
Aqua, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Prpionate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycolic Acid, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Fower Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Sorbitan Oleate, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.
Quantity: .5 fl oz

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this in my 8ty8Beauty order about 2 weeks ago, and I am so glad that I listened to all of the great reviews!

The smell...oh, good heavens, the smell! To me, it's like a delicious fruit punch. I love it.

This stuff works! I prefer it to the Poshe, which I now keep in my purse for those 'just in case' moments of the odd dry patch. However, since I have been using this product, there has been no need. :) I am so happy with my non-existent cuticles. :D

I pair this with Solar Oil for the perfect result. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sorry to pull the rating down but Iím not sure if this really does anything for my cuticles to be honest besides moisturising it (which other products can do just as well). I also find that the product separates in the tube so that I might get just oil coming out of the nozzle. Will use it up but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great product for me. I used to push my cuticles back and use a cuticle remover- I used various brands.

This cream contains AHA, which (eventually) seems to eliminate the need for pushing and remover. I have not had to attend to my cuticles at all, except to rub a bit of this cream in every day or every other day.

My cuticles have never looked as good as they do now, and using this cream is easier than the way I did it before!

I would reccomend this to anyone who is not AHA sensitive, and I would definitely buy this again.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as a follow up after applying Creative Nail Design's Solar Oil since this product contains AHA's that help to soften and break down excess cuticle on the nailplate base and edges, which is a problem for me.

Solar Oil contains both essential ingredients, Jojoba and Vitamin E. Jojoba Oil acts as a carrier oil for the Vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate). In my opinion, an oil with these two ingredients should be used first in a combination regimen, based on the the following information derived from that on hooked-on-nails.com: Brittle, splitting, peeling nails are characterized by a vertical or horizontal splitting or separation of the nail plate layers at the distal (free) edge of the nail plate. In most cases, nail splitting and vertical ridges are characteristic of the natural aging process. This nail problem is also the result of age or overexposure to water and chemical solvents such as household cleaning solutions. As we age, the nail bed's natural flow of oils and moisture is greatly reduced. This oil and moisture is the cement that holds the nail plate layers together and gives the plate its inherent flexibility. At the first signs of splitting or peeling, re-hydrate the nail plate layers with a good quality cuticle and nail oil that contains JOJOBA and VITAMIN E (TOCOPHERYL ACETATE) as two of its botanical oils. Jojoba oil has a very tiny molecular structure which can penetrate the nail plate surface, open up the layers and draw the Vitamin E in after it. The molecular structure of Vitamin E is too large to penetrate the nail plate layers or the surface layer of the skin without the benefits of Jojoba oil. Oil the nail plate and surrounding cuticle at least twice daily; more if you have your hands in water a lot. Wear gloves whenever working with household cleaning solutions, and remember: water is considered the 'universal solvent', and is indeed a 'chemical'.

If not using Cuticle Eraser, I would suggest following Solar Oil up with a tiny amount of some other cuticle balm such as Lush Lemony Flutter or Qtica Cuticle Balm.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Prunus Armeniaca Oil, Myristyl Ether Propionate, Emulsifying Wax, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycolic Acid, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by gaycoleman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best stuff ever. Everything they say is true (if they like it, that is...) From horrible, stiff, dry, split, bleeding cuticles to decent and even better in one week! I bought mine in quantity on eBay for a fraction of the price so I can keep it all over the house and in the car. Great on toes - I even uncovered my little toenail! One note of caution: my daughter is very sensitive to AHA in anything and CE caused problems for her. For me, it has resolved a 60 year annoyance. Might even try wearing polish!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a product that deserves every bit of hype it gets! I have a nervous habit of kind of picking at the sides of my thumbs at the cuticle. Because of this, the skin there gets really dry and ragged. I keep a tube of CE on my desk at work, and whenever I'm on hold or whathave you, I take a minute to rub a bit of cuticle eraser around my nails. A few applications, and my cuticles are back in shape. I'll never be without CE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a staple in my nail care bag along with creative nail designs solar speed spray... without these two items my well groomed nails would not be possible... i bought it at the recommendation of one of the sales people at my local beauty supply and have been using it ever since...

i usually soak my fingers in warm water, with a pump of liquid soap, for a couple minutes before applying this cream all along my cuticles and rubbing deeply into the edges of my nail bed/cuticles... i let the cream sit for a couple minutes, then go at it with my cutter...

it does a wonderful job at softening everything up, and is the only cream/treatment that has successfully aided in getting rid of all of the excess COMPLETELY... without this cream my nail bed would be a flaky, peeling mess.... worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

this, along with CND's Solar Oil, has rendered my cuticles completely unrecognizable (which is a good thing). My cuticles were completely overgrown, very dry, and completely out of hand. However, I have taken to massaging on some Cuticle Eraser at night and following with Solar Oil, and now my cuticles are almost invisible. Cuticle Eraser comes in a small tube with a tiny opening that allows you to be economical in its application. Very little is needed to make a difference in your cuticles.....I use just a bit on each of mine every night and massage in carefully. Cuticle Eraser is a white, lotion-type treatment that tingles very slightly due to the AHAs. I like this since it seems to me you can feel it working this way. Very happy with my results!