April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was younger I really hated this mascara, because it was watery and made my lashes hard. I got this free with purchase from avon so I gave it a try. I like it alot now than i did when i was younger. Its because the water material made my lashes crunchy, it seems to have an improved formula. Its still a watery when first applied with a soft natural feel, I wore this on the day it snowed here, and my lashes didnt budge while my eyeliner faded. Its a good basic mascara but im more gravited towards volumizing mascaras, so probably wont purchase unless its free again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

price for this was super cheap, only a couple dollars

packaging was good, i guess-- i have no complaints, and the wand was average

as far as making my lashes looking good, this did great. applied 2 coats without allowing it to dry in between, and got volume without clumps

however, my complaint is that it was a b*tch to wash off! what happened to WASH-OFF waterproof? i use target's make-up removing towelettes, and they work great on everything else, even on long lasting foundation, but not on this. if i'd wanted mascara that would be difficult to remove, i'd have just bought regular waterproof mascara!

will not be repurchasing, but i like it well enough to use it during my summertime swimming

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by steskey

Perfect... my lashes look full and soft without looking fake. It stays on all day and can withstand a fair amount of rubbing. Even if I rub too much it doesn't really smudge, it just flakes off a bit and can be easily brushed away. I haven't tested this at the pool or anything so I can't say for sure if it's 100% waterproof, but I'm seriously impressed. Comes off easily with ordinary makeup remover. Really good price and NO ANIMAL TESTING. HG HG HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

BEST mascara ever and this comes from someone who is very picky and has sensitive eyes. Stays on all day, comes off easily and I think it has even made my lashes fuller. This is the ONE mascara for me! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xyogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara! I got it from my aunt a while back since she sells avon. It is kinda watery, but it doesn't bleed or smear. It thickens and darkens my lashes, and i love that! It is very waterproof, so i need to use alot of remover to get it off. But I do recommend it, it is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Not too shabby - I love trying mascaras, but always d/s since I am so finicky that I am reticent to spend $ on mascara that chances are I won't like. It must be waterproof and wear like iron w/out clumping (I cannot be bothered by having to comb clumps out of or have to seperate my lashes post mascara application - I don't need the extra steps), must give me volume and length - I know - I expect too much! :P

I have used for a week now - one day, I put this on my right eye and one of my HGs L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof on the left: length = looked the same; volume = L'Oreal gave me a bit more. My lashes feel the same = not stiff/spikey. This has no discernible smell to me. The formula is definitely wetter feeling upon application (something I do not mind a bit). I use either oil or Sonia Kashuk to remove my mascara = removes easily w/ both products - takes a few less swipes or rubs to remove than my other wp mascaras.

Staying power is really good - haven't run into any smudging or running during a normal day. It doesn't last as long on in the shower as L'Oreal (only way currently for me to test waterproofness), but stays on better than non-waterproof.

If this was readily available at mass retailers, I would probably re-purchase (I am all about convenience) and keep in my rotation, but since its not, I probably won't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by chickenetti

My favorite mascara! It does not become glue on your lashes, and comes off very easily. If you cry or rub your eyes too much, it will give little black flecks, but these brush away easily, rather than giving you raccoon eye. It is not a dramatic mascara, very basic and natural looking, but for the ease of wear and removal, and the fact that I've never had clumping problems with it, I've stocked up and use this one 90% of the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I have naturally long and curled lashes and this stuff is the perfect dark black to enhance them. It doesn't clump or flake either. Sometimes I use it over my cheapie wnw mega plump mascara and I end up with great volume and long wear (important in the FL heat) from the waterproofing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by helplessskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara! It does not flake or irritate my eyes like some waterproof mascaras have done in the past.
It also goes on nicely. No clumping!
It comes off easily with Avon's eye makeup remover. I have also used baby oil as well to remove it.
A lot of times, you can purchase this for $1.99! You can't beat it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this while I was shopping Avon online, buying sunscreen. It was US$1.99, so I basically got it as a backup. Recently been wrestling with my HE YSL one, so I figured that a change (even downwards) would be as good as a vacation. This is perfectly adequate for what it is. It does wear comfortably well. Does not irritate my eyes. I look dressed, but no overdone. Not clumpy. Not spidery nor smeary. As to the wash-off factor, I would no more wash my mascara off than poke myself in the eye, however, this removes easily enough with my Lancome eye makeup remover. I'd buy this again, just because it's reliable. Kinda refreshing to find a pleasant, easy to use product that isn't over-hyped and overpriced!. One lippy off because it's still new for me, and I like to reserve the perfect five until after my having given a new product (for me) a more comprehensive use.