October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Queridaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the weirdest skin. It's extremely oily, but there's also drying eczema, so I need a soap that's both gentle and grease-cutting. As an added hurdle, I'm one of those girls who always has her face on (heeey!) and can't be bothered to put too much effort into removing my makeup. For the longest time, I ordered my real castile online, finding it hard to find olive oil-based soaps in stores. Kiss My Face saved me some time and shipping fees. The smell may take some getting used to, but this soap cleans effectively, lathers well, and doesn't super dry out the skin. (I find a follow-up moisturizer is always necessary with soap of any kind.) It also doesn't cause flare ups in my eczema, lasts a nice while, appears to help with the occasional pimples I get here and there, and isn't as expensive as many other specialized soaps.

I like the stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

HG HG HG!! I wanted to try a natural soap on my face and use something that would clean, not dry and remove my makeup and this is IT!! It removes my makeup in a breeze and cleans my face really well. Maybe the reason why I don't experience drying is because I don't actually dry my face off when I was it. I leave it wet and then I pat some of the water of with a cotton pad followed immediately with my witch hazel toner and jojoba oil. This way my skin never truly 'dries out' and it gets to retain the moisture from washing my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ADelicateFlower

Okay, so this does smell like musty olives but it really softens my dry skin. It doesn't irritate my highly reactive skin at all. I am soooo sensitive to most products, even Dove unsented is too strong in the winter for my skin. So this stuff is really a dream come true. I lather up my whole body and then use a loofa to work it in. My skin is nice and soft afterwards. Also the smell doesn't linger on my skin.

BUT a word of caution. I tried this in my hair as one reviewer suggested and my hair smelled like moldy olives all day long! Ew! Ew! Ew! Never again!

Also I tried this on my face and it made it tight and dry. :( too bad.

So definately great for sensitive reactive dry skin, but only from the neck down, and never ever to be used as a shampoo. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ladydisaster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just went back to this soap after learning that my all time favorite KMF facial cleansing product was discontinued. It cleans thoroughly, removing all makeup and dirt, without drying. I think my skin really loves oil based cleansers, my face feels really clean and soft after use. The smell is slightly unpleasant, like musty olives, but not the worst thing in the world. If it smelled better I would have given it 5 lippies, but for everything else it's a wonderful face wash made with natural ingredients, and it lasts forever if you store it properly. I cut my bar into pieces and use it a little at a time to avoid a gloppy mess in the soap dish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MinekaC

What with alot of companies extracting and replacing the natural foaming ability with chemicals; it's nice to find a soap that is more or less original castille soap. I find that if I don't use cold press soaps, then my face breaks out, and my skin feels extra dry. I use this in the morning all over when I shower, and follow it up with my toner and moisturizer. Since I've been using cold press soaps (but 4 dollars a bar at the local soap makers was to much, I was exstatic when I found these; triple the bulk, and 3/4 the price). The only draw backs it has, is the larger size is rather bulky and hard to hold. I generally cut it up into three segments, and yes if you take your time in the shower it'll develope a slimy film. But a little bit more elbow grease when cleaning the shower is worth it in my opinion for clearer/cleaner skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by shopaholicbeb

KMF gives a generous amount of this soap that lasts forever. I'm still on my first bar and I bought this several months ago. I do have a ventilated soap dish to store this bar but somehow it still gets a little gunky. I hate that...it gets all gooey everywhere on the soap dish. When I first started using this, my face was sensitive to it and I got little red spots temporarily. I just use it on my body now and if I do use it on my face, I use sparingly. It is much better than those drugstore brands such as Dove, Ivory, etc. and I would choose this olive oil soap over those anyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by amy212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best, most gentle soap, hands down. I have horrible allergy to sls and anything that contains coconut so finding soap is very hard for me. I use this soap on my baby and it is WONDERFUL. I don't know what I would do without it, I have tried everything else and nothing is even close in terms of simple , safe ingredients.I scrub the soap on a puff and it makes a HUGE pile of bubbles. I did not know you could get soooo many bubbles without sls!!!! I use the foam to wash my baby ( not the puff of course) It is also a WONDERFUL soap to wash makeup brushes and sponges!!!!!!!! extremely effective. Never dries me out or gives me a rash. I plan to use the bars to make liquid soap too!!!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Klindsay

This soap keeps me from breaking out in the humid climate I live in. I had been using Cetaphil & had constant forehead breakouts and occasionally around my nose, too. Then I tried this soap on my face (previously I just used it for showers) and this took care of the breakouts. Used with a wash cloth and it's perfect. I used to use La Mer moisturizer (the oil-free version) and my skin is actually clearer and nicer looking using just the soap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is disgusting. It smells really bad and stunk up the whole bathoom. It dried out my skin like a regular bar of soap would. It's also a pukey green color. I can't say anything good about this soap. I recommend DHC Cleasing Oil if you stomach the price, or if you're on a budget, Olivia Care Olive Oil Soap is outstanding and can be purchased on Amazon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by littlechemist

Having had a really good experience with a different olive oil bar soap (Olivella- which no stores in my area seem to carry...) I decided to try this. Price-wise, it's a good deal, the bar is really big- too big for me to handle comfortably. The smell is nothing to rave about, but not nauseating. I don't remember how this soap left my skin feeling, because I stopped using it as it broke my face out pretty bad. For a good, natural bar soap I recommend Burt's Bee's and Olivella.