Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.8

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 6/23/2010 2:15:00 PM

I want to start off by addressing some issues I've read in reviews:

For people who have a problem with the size - try cutting it in half before use. I've done this several times and it's just like a regular size now and you still get the savings - 8 oz bar for $1.39. I've also never had a problem with it melting or getting slimy. I've kept it on the shelf in the shower and a rack and neither made it melt. As for the smell, I think it's a preference thing - I find it clean and kind of woodsy - very natural but that appeals to me. One more note, I find that it lathers great. I mean it's not like shampoos or body wash, but from the reviews I read I didn't expect any lather and it does still lather.

Now for my review: This soap doesn't dry out my skin at all (might be also because it's summer time and the air is humid). But I use it on my face - I use a Buf Puf for face and body. I also use this to shave and have no razor bumps or anything. Incidentally, on a whim one day I tried this on my hair. I was surprised at how well it cleans. If I need conditioner I use Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in with a bunch of water (just on the ends as my hair tends to be on the oily side).

Overall, I really like this product - it's so convenient to have only one product (that is all natural) in the shower for all my washing! This is also wonderful for traveling - it's a simple easy routine that works great for me!!

on 5/1/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I break out with EVERYTHING! I have to say that this is one of the best face cleansing products I have EVER used. I would chose this over any dept store brands any day! The one thing I really suggest it to keep it in a dish soap DRY. Since it is all natural it will begin to separate quickly and get all gross. I used this during my pregnancy because I was very sensitive in my body and Id like to think that this contributed to my stretch marks being a minimal as they are. Also, I used the bar from clinique and it sucked! big time. I used to buy this at target but they dont sell it anymore. Now I get it at the Vitamin Shop. I ran out of it, I need to stock up again!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like this product. It's basic, and cleanses the skin in a non-harsh manner. All natural, and reasonably priced. No skin miracles, but whatever. Will repurchase.

on 3/29/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product. It does take getting used to but I've used it for so long now that I'm used to it. What I love about it is that it's very natural, packed with skin-beneficial olive oil, is made out of only 3 ingredients, does not irritate skin at all and is cheap ($2 for a bar that will last me about 3 months with regular use). I don't think this product is suitable for just anyone though; you have to be a bit of a granola to appreciate this stuff; it does not provide any additional moisture the way a lot other soaps do (e.g. Dove) but it does a very good job at cleaning. It doesn't lather the way other soaps do and that can give you the false impression that it's not doing as good a job at cleaning. It has a particular "natural" scent but that doesn't bother me in the least; my boyfriend says it smells like clay. In my opinion, the most annoying thing about this product is that it can get a little messy; it's best to keep it in a soap dish and make sure that no water accumulates in there. Another downside is that I always have to wear moisturizer afterwards; otherwise my skin gets dry and itchy.

on 2/6/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This soap is great! However, I only use it on my body. I used it on my face before, but it dried my face up. However, like I said it's perfect to use as a body soap. It's cruelty free, natural, and fragrance free. I recommend as a body soap.

on 1/12/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have the weirdest skin. It's extremely oily, but there's also drying eczema, so I need a soap that's both gentle and grease-cutting. As an added hurdle, I'm one of those girls who always has her face on (heeey!) and can't be bothered to put too much effort into removing my makeup. For the longest time, I ordered my real castile online, finding it hard to find olive oil-based soaps in stores. Kiss My Face saved me some time and shipping fees. The smell may take some getting used to, but this soap cleans effectively, lathers well, and doesn't super dry out the skin. (I find a follow-up moisturizer is always necessary with soap of any kind.) It also doesn't cause flare ups in my eczema, lasts a nice while, appears to help with the occasional pimples I get here and there, and isn't as expensive as many other specialized soaps.

I like the stuff.

on 1/11/2010 2:12:00 PM

HG HG HG!! I wanted to try a natural soap on my face and use something that would clean, not dry and remove my makeup and this is IT!! It removes my makeup in a breeze and cleans my face really well. Maybe the reason why I don't experience drying is because I don't actually dry my face off when I was it. I leave it wet and then I pat some of the water of with a cotton pad followed immediately with my witch hazel toner and jojoba oil. This way my skin never truly 'dries out' and it gets to retain the moisture from washing my face!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so this does smell like musty olives but it really softens my dry skin. It doesn't irritate my highly reactive skin at all. I am soooo sensitive to most products, even Dove unsented is too strong in the winter for my skin. So this stuff is really a dream come true. I lather up my whole body and then use a loofa to work it in. My skin is nice and soft afterwards. Also the smell doesn't linger on my skin.

BUT a word of caution. I tried this in my hair as one reviewer suggested and my hair smelled like moldy olives all day long! Ew! Ew! Ew! Never again!

Also I tried this on my face and it made it tight and dry. :( too bad.

So definately great for sensitive reactive dry skin, but only from the neck down, and never ever to be used as a shampoo. :)

on 9/26/2009 4:57:00 AM

I just went back to this soap after learning that my all time favorite KMF facial cleansing product was discontinued. It cleans thoroughly, removing all makeup and dirt, without drying. I think my skin really loves oil based cleansers, my face feels really clean and soft after use. The smell is slightly unpleasant, like musty olives, but not the worst thing in the world. If it smelled better I would have given it 5 lippies, but for everything else it's a wonderful face wash made with natural ingredients, and it lasts forever if you store it properly. I cut my bar into pieces and use it a little at a time to avoid a gloppy mess in the soap dish.

on 9/19/2009 2:27:00 PM

What with alot of companies extracting and replacing the natural foaming ability with chemicals; it's nice to find a soap that is more or less original castille soap. I find that if I don't use cold press soaps, then my face breaks out, and my skin feels extra dry. I use this in the morning all over when I shower, and follow it up with my toner and moisturizer. Since I've been using cold press soaps (but 4 dollars a bar at the local soap makers was to much, I was exstatic when I found these; triple the bulk, and 3/4 the price). The only draw backs it has, is the larger size is rather bulky and hard to hold. I generally cut it up into three segments, and yes if you take your time in the shower it'll develope a slimy film. But a little bit more elbow grease when cleaning the shower is worth it in my opinion for clearer/cleaner skin.