July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Pads

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by DarkestStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these a little while back and have noticed better skin improvement. At first I've been using it on a daily basis and then slowed down to a few times a week. I was eerie of using this product because usually Neautragena products break me out and make my skin worse but these treatment pads cleared me up surprisingly well w/ my combination skin. It almost looks as if I'm wearing makeup. I may repurchase these when I run out.
*I only use these every once in a while because they tend to dry me out and when that happens I break out all over again. It's good at swiping up dirt and oil though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Cornpopgirl

I noticed my friend had extremely clear skin, and while over at her house I spotted these on her vanity. At first I was a little disappointed, I had a terrible breakout the first 7-10 days of using these. 2 months later I have had maybe one or two pimples during my period. I credit these pads to keeping my skin clear.

***Update*** I've been using these since January and I've noticed they're not working as well as they used to. I don't know if this is due to my skin maybe acclimating to the product or the change of seasons......

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by a1issa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a $5 off coupon for Walgreen's, so I bought these on a whim. Sometimes, I'm just too tired to care to properly wash my face in the evening, so it's nice to have a cleansing pad around. I have to say, I was very disappointed, and only managed to use about 10 of them before giving up.

-- They're very drying. I live in Wisconsin, and it's so dry in the fall/winter/early spring that you don't want anything in your regimen that's drying.

-- They leave a sticky, gross film on your face. There's no way I'd use these without washing my face afterwards.

-- They REEK. Actually, the smell itself isn't so bad (it's the intensity), but these irritated my sensitive sinuses to the point that I had to start on a nasal steroid again. No facial product scent should be this strong.

-- There are far better salicylic acid products out there. I use a Burt's Bees Salicylic Acid cleanser in the shower, and Skin Medica 15% AHA/BHA moisturizer (this is a great product; look it up!), which together are plenty to keep small acne spots under control. Don't dry your face out with this cheap, smelly crap!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product is really good! it helps fight my zit and make it go down in a size or 2. and i love it!!! the pads are small though but i guess thats alright. it has a smooth an bumpy side i use both. it lost a lippie cause its on the expensive side i had to pay 9 dollars for 60 pads which isnt bad for the quality and stuff but before i bought these i had the stridex ones that were 5 dolars for 70 pads.i also think these are helping heal my acne marks. thats a plus!!!!

UPDATE: I HATE THIS LINE IT HAS MADE MY SKIN WORSE BTW I ALSO HAVE THE SPOT TREATMENT THAT STINKS. IT WORKED AT FIRST BUT I RELIZED IT BURNT MY SKIN IRRITATED IT AND MADE ME BRAKE OUT MORE HHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know where MUA-ers are getting 'citrus' smells from, these babies smell more like a Russian sailor. I bought these on a whim, after remembering the Clean & Clear ones i used to steal off my boyfriend (i guess i was having a bad skin week).
I woke up with a bad hangover once - and since I'm religious about my regime - i washed my face with my cleanser, then opened the lid and nearly puked because it smelt so strongly of alcohol! Not something i want to smell the morning after a big night out!

That aside, it's not anything your average person can't tolerate. I don't really rate things on their smell ... it either works, or it doesn't. These do i believe - although it's hard to tell sometimes with my skin. All i know is that ever since i started using these about a month ago, i have had 2 visible pimples (touch wood).
I usually get bad skin before a period, but my skin has actually dramatically improved in tone and blemish wise since i bought these. It wasn't bad to begin with... but its noticeable. Yet, my skin is very oily and these seem to really do nothing about that. I will repurchase :) Oh. And the packaging is awesome.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This product is not good at all! First when you open the package the smell is so strong. It stinks of alcohol which is so so bad for your skin. I was tempted to just chuck the whole thing out but decided i spent the money so i mays well try one pad. It dried my skin out so so much. If you want good 'pads with salycilic acid' try Clearasil blackhead clearing pads with sea salt, they are gentle and make your skin feel great. No alcohol.
Will never ever buy these again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by 01234

These pads stopped working for me after about a year. I have gone back to Stridex, in the red box, for now. We will see if those work for me. I can say that these pads made my skin a lot more oily, while the Stridex pads definitely do not. Maybe it is because of all the alcohol in these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about a year now. I don't have acne but this is the only product that keeps my rosacea from flaring - including Rx metrogel. If I use the pads religiously twice a day I rarely have any rosacea bumps. The 2% salycylic acid really works for me. I stock up on them at my local Target which has the best prices on this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

I actually bought this for my KP because I read that it helps with this condition. Anyway, I used it on my upper arm where I have KP and it actually shrunk them by the morning and were less red. I also used on pad on my boyfriend's face and through the day his few blemishes looked calm and by the morning he says his face looks much, much better. So I guess if I get a blemish I can also use it for that and my KP. Mind you this was our first application =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just finished my second one and on the third one now! AGAIN,i have a habit and lifestyle of going out every weekend, come home and too tired to wash off my make up. after 3 good months of that lifestyle, my skin started to burst out angry pimples and little bumps under my skin was forming. BUMMER!! this is gonna be my 4th or 5th round already of massive breakout in my life and each round last around 3 months!! anyways, i tried out this product cos i used to use clearasil's cleansing pads and they were amazing but that was when i had minor pimples and it kept my pimples under control. now this is WAY too much for clearasil to handle. obviously this cleansing pad is much much stronger (its 8 hrs not 3 days guaranteed to see the difference!!) and IT DID. it didnt clear everything out in 8 hrs but pimples reduces so much quicker and after 3 months my skin is now 95% clearer i must say. I'm very very very impressed. tho it dried my skin out badly at one point but my skin feels smooth and amazing!! i love this product to death and will always come back to it when i get crazy breakout (if ever again)!!