TheBalm Stainiac in Prom Queen

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I decided to try this stain after hearing about how it was a lighter shade than most stains, and I really quite like it. It is a bit sheer, but it's easy to layer and build up the product on your lips. I like to add a few layers and let the product dry and add gloss over it. It looks great and the stain itself never gets all dried out and flaky like many other long-lasting lip products do. I haven't tried it on my cheeks yet, but I will be doing that soon! Hopefully I will have better luck with this product than I have had with powder blushes.

on 2/13/2007 1:54:00 PM

As far as lip stains go - this is pretty much the best one I've yet to see. Its not expensive and for the price actually does an equal if not better job than say Benefit's stain. I keep buying this as a great all day color for underneath clear lip glosses....

on 7/23/2006 4:52:00 PM

I was hoping this would be a less red alternative to the Beauty Queen shade, but it didn't really show up that well. I showed up just a little on my cheeks and not at all on my lips. I'm PPP, and I can't imagine this would show up on anyone with darker skin.

on 6/6/2006 5:03:00 PM

Prom Queen is my new favorite stain. I am such a pink kind of girl and this is pretty much the perfect color. Plus it looks great on both my cheeks and lips so it has become a staple in my purse. For lips I like to wear a little gloss over it which really makes the color stand out. I love the pretty, natural look it gives to my cheeks and if I want more color I just layer it. I will definitely be buying this again...

on 5/26/2006 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally a lip stian in a light color! I have been searching high and low and all stains seems to be berry or other deep colors. The texture of this lip stain reminds me of the lip stain markers I have tried. Those would always dry out quickly so this soft felt tip is much better. Prom Queen is a sheer pink-not a lot of color just a tint. It does not dry too quickly and is not drying once it's on my lips. It really needs a gloss on top. I like Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Starfruit to compliment Prom Queen. I'm happy I found a lip stain color I can actually wear, but staying power is NOT what I was hoping it would be so can't say I would re-purchase.

on 5/6/2006 8:12:00 PM

This is a great stain for people like me who need just a little more time before the stain dries and sets. It goes on a nice sheer rosy pink and can be layered to add deeper color. It does take a while to dry, but i'd rather it take to long to dry than drying as soon as it gets on there. It looks beautiful and glowing on cheeks and I like putting in on my lips before my lip gloss.