La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

NO LIPPIES. This creme provoked the only vicious breakout I've ever experienced.

Care to know why?

Seaweed extract.

Google it....

on 8/24/2014 1:38:00 PM

Creme De La Mer can give you beautiful results, but the brand itself seems to be a total HOAX. I've been a professional makeup artist for nearly 10 years and have only worked in the retail aspect for 3+ years. I was the biggest La Mer Cheerleader until I started questioning the validity of it's origins. The past month I've spent trying to find information regarding the brand prior to it's "purchase" by Estee Lauder. I wrote a very detailed blog that I continue to update on my findings. I don't recommend anyone buy this product until Estee Lauder can prove their story behind this cream. http://beautystyled.com/2014/08/17/some-thoughts-on-creme-de-la-mer/

on 8/14/2014 1:09:00 PM

Love love love it. If you like me have extremely dry flaky skin you will fall in love with this cream it moisturises so well its very rich and nice floral scent. It's alot of money for an excellent moisturizer but Aqueous and Other Glycerin creams do not work for me even though they were prescribed to me. I don't suffer eczema but my skin is just so dry that I couldn't wear foundation in the past but not anymore.

on 7/28/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I just bought this Cream today. After a lot of research and interrogating the SA I decided to give it a try. I intend to use it sparingly and make it a part of my weekly facial routine and as a night cream (3 times a week). I just cleaned my face with my clarisonic and after that I used my weekly scrub with coconut milk from Inecto.To finish I used La Mer to moisturise and my skin feels really pampered and nourished. I hope I'll wake up tomorrow with a well rested and plumped skin. Until so far, I like it.

on 7/24/2014 9:13:00 AM

This is glorified Nivea. It would probably work on extremely dry skin types, but it is TOO heavy. Don't understand the hype about this cream....

on 7/16/2014 8:56:00 AM

It is just a really thick cream. With lots of perfume. I bought 2oz is able to use for a year.

on 7/9/2014 11:08:00 PM

I bought a small jar of this to try due to lots of hype around this product..and to my disappoint it did not do a thing but made my face look like a shining disco balls (not in a good way) and caused clogged-pores..it is so heavy and has the same consistent like Nivea cream I don't understand the science behind this cream, it just simply didn't work for me...and it's sooo expensive...and many celebrities still endorse it...don't understand...maybe this will work when I get to 60s-70s age range and won't have any more oil in my skin and just need some serious hydration, but for now I'm staying clear from this product...I think putting Nivea on my face probably delivers same results

on 7/7/2014 10:25:00 PM

Way overpriced like a lot of face creams. I believe La Mer started the evolution of marketing extremely high priced cosmetics like Creme de La Mer and the benefits of price expenditure= good for you!

This cream when you break down the ingredients are relatively cheap and easy to acquire individually.

Most creams on the market have identical ingredients but their nomenclature is what sets them apart: English vs Latin.

It appears that if you use Latin on your ingredient list, this from the companies' point of view can easily mislead or deceive.

Don't waste your money on this cream which is easily over $350 for a small jar.

Check out the ingredient list and find similar creams that sell for $20 a jar and do the exact same thing for your skin.

Consumers need to educate themselves on creams and serums and ask an expert like a dermatologist who has a Medical Degree and then 4-5 years of specialist training on top of the M.D.

Cosmetic sales people in big stores like Neimans and Barneys probably have a grade 12 high school education and they sell these products to the public as if they are multiple degree'd salespeople, they are not otherwise they would be working at a real job which behooves their education. They get their marketing information from the company like Estee Lauder and sell or promote the information as if it is rocket science: it is NOT! You for the most part are getting ripped off at the beauty counter.

These cosmetic sales people are selling on commission, so you need to be aware of information coming from a salesperson who is paid more money dependent on their sales of the cosmetics and creams that they load upon you.

Having said the above, there are creams and serums that actually have ingredients that work: Creme de la Mer is NOT one of them!

Buyer Beware

on 7/4/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have normal to combination skin, I found this cream way too heavy for me. I warmed it between my fingers for application, but my skin felt coated and it made my pores look worse. Also i found it slightly irritating, my skin was left blotchy and red in areas after use. Its stupidly expensive for a cream which i consider no better than any drugstore brand. I would highly recommend getting a sample to try first!

on 6/30/2014 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is an over-priced moisturizer. It softens and brightens skin but no better than $50 dollar creams, such as Murad. It's over-priced by about a hundred bucks lol.

Popular Moisturizers