July 31, 2014 | 1257 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by CrystalicOxygen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

lol I know that this isnt really a review but Im seriously surprised how some sellers will do anything just to sell you this product... either that or trying to look really smart and "educated" about their products by lying through their teeth.

I went to the counter to ask for a sample of the cream as my skin is extremely dry and flaky atm. She put some of the cream on my hand and I could feel the scent right up in my nose although I reached out my hand (btw, I do use scented skin-care products that I think are amazing... so I really dont mind at all if theres a little bit of scent, but it still should only be a faint of it.... I dont want to smell the perfume of my cream the whole day, if you understand what I mean)...
Anyways, I was like "whoa! It is quite heavily perfumed, isn't it..?" and she just stares at me... and says: "No! The cream absolutely doesn't contain any perfume! It's all the healthy ingredients that give out such a smell!" I was just like... yeah ok, never mind. I mean... seriously.. I am so often so astonished and off-put by such incompetent and lying-just-to-sell-you-something sellers... :(

(as i said, this is not a review... but I am going to try the tester, so if I can say anything about it after I finish, I definately will!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

The original "intensive regeneration" creme from La Mer is their richest moisturiser and is definitely best for dry skin otherwise you face a very real risk of clogging, breakouts and blackheads!! It is VERY VERY rich, thick and heavy cream that will not sink into skin and leave a matte finish - rather, it provides a "dewey" finish to the driest skins or greasy to anyone else (myself included). I have normal/combi skin and hate it because it feels so heavy and greasy on and breaks me out with almost immediate effect! Now I am more educated and knowledgeable about skincare and know about things like AHA/BHA exfoliation, peels, antioxidants, vitamin c, hyaluronic acid etc. which I know now to be the most effective products rather than a so called "miracle cream". I suppose the description on the box of "creme regeneration intense" is somewhat true. It is so thick and rich that it has recently been able to repair my winter-chapped hands that felt as rough as sandpaper, which was caused by windy -17 degrees Celsius weather on a skiing holiday. Then again, I believe boring old Aquaphor could have done the same. Good points are that this cream could probably give even the driest skins a J-Lo glow (this is also her moisturiser of choice apparently). BUT I am sure that it really is too rich and oily to use on normal-combination skin or even neck and decolletage (gave me spots on those areas which never, ever happens). Even when I last tried to use it on my parched, dehydrated face after a long-haul flight, it still clogged my pores and caused congestion and small bumps after only 1 day! But maybe if your skin is naturally very dry or dehydrated OR because you are a heavy smoker/work in heavily air-conditioned/extreme cold or windy environments and your skin becomes dehydrated for whatever reason, you may love this ultra-rich cream formula. I have met a makeup artist in her 20s who uses it and her skin looks dewy and glowy but she told me that her skin is VERY dry. The only time I have been able to use it with success was in sub-zero temperatures on a trip to Russia and it kept my skin dewy, glowy and very soft to the touch whereas with no moisturizer it would have become rough and flaky in those extreme conditions. If you are reading this because you are considering buying this as you believe it will indeed be an expensive miracle product please do not do so unless your main skin concern is extreme dryness/dehydration and even then it should still be part of a great skin regime, you should not just assume that this so called miracle broth could be the answer to a variety of concerns. After all it does not even include SPF for the price and sun-damage is one of the main causes of skin ageing!!! Plus as others have noted - it is in a tub which can cause ingredients to become unstable when exposed to air (also unsanitary) and contains cheap, basic ingredients such as mineral oil. SPF protection and effective but gentle exfoliation (DON'T over do it) are the real secrets behind beautiful complexions; chemical rate than physical (although muslin cloths OK just avoid harsh grains) so using glycolic, lactic, salicylic acid for example. Also a vitamin C (antioxidant) serum is an amazing product to include in any skin-routine because prevention is always better than cure! So there, that is my advice and my personal opinion about the famous creme de la mer!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful stuff. Had clear skin and thought I would add this to my routine to help my skin in the winter. What a mistake, made me get clogged pores throughout my entire face.

Huge waste of money and I am not pleased.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by FlyingBuddha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a terrible product for anyone with sensitive skin. I have oily/combination skin and this 'creme' made me break out terribly. It also has 'fragrance' in it which is another irritation for my skin. They sure know how to hype and market their creme but it doesn't live up to the test.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's almost winter here and my skin is dehydrated, very dry and a lot of redness. I'm a huge fan of Sisley global anti aging cream. See reviews. It seems like it lost it's magic on my skin. I went into my stash (girls and guys we all have them) and had purchased this cream 6 months ago. I decided to try it and what a HUGE difference it has made on my skin. My skin is now hydrated, moisturized and redness is gone.
I would NEVER recommend this for oily skin or 20 something skin. I would HIGHLY recommend this for very dry, sensitive, tightness and redness in the skin. I don't think I would use this in the summer months. No breakouts (knock on wood) just healthy glowing skin. It's been over 2 weeks and if any problem occur I'll update this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is this a joke??? I tried a sample. Its literally just like ponds face cream except a million dollars instead of 10. It does moisturize but the value just isn't there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Cpotter

I love this product! I have been using it for almost 15 years. I have dry skin and this makes my skin very smooth. It's great before putting on foundation. It's a heavy cream so probably best for dry skin. I also use more in the colder months.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tepps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first time that I am writing a review, and unfortunately it's not going to be a good one. To start off, my skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone, but it is now combination due to my use of Retin A. I easily get black/whiteheads when my skin is irritated, and my skin is easily flushed.

I was extremely excited to purchase this product after the hundreds of reviews I read through, so instead of getting a sample, I took the plunge and spent over $200 for this cream. The price did not bother me because I purchase products that cost more than this in the past, and if I were to calculate how much I spend on different products in 6 months, $200 is nothing. Along with the crème de la mer, I also got a ton of samples which included the moisturizing soft cream. The rep at Holt Renfrew gave me a sample because she said I will probably like the texture of the soft cream better than the crème de la mer. I was also enticed to get this product because I saw many positive reviews from people who used Retin A along with the cream. My skin is also very reactive which I feel is a good thing. I can tell if a product agrees with my skin overnight, and if it doesn't, it's not going to take me more than a couple of days to find out. The texture of my skin will feel more bumpy. It may not look bumpy from a far, but I can definitely feel it when I'm cleansing, and I can see it if i'm in the sun. Since the Retin A cream dries the skin and causes redness, I thought this would be the best addition. I was wrong. The next morning my face was slightly pink, oily and somewhat uneven. I was not too alarmed but I knew that it was not reacting well with my skin and I was not going to wait another couple of days to see how the reaction would get worse. By the time I started cleansing, I could feel and see that my skin was irritated. I also used the soft moisturizing cream the next day and got the same negative results. As I mentioned before, I read through the hundreds of reviews on the La Mer website, this MakeupAlley website, as well as ALL of the YouTube videos. I watched the tutorials to master how to apply the product correctly to get the best results. I've also been accustomed to warming and patting my skincare products into my skin. I didn't use the product incorrectly, and I didn't purchase the product without hours of research. This is something I do before I purchase any product. I like to read the good, bad and ugly of a product from one's experience.

I will definitely not repurchase this product again. Not because of the price, but because of the irritation. Sometimes keeping my skincare routine and skincare products simple, is what gives me the best results. Not to mention, I would definitely not figure out what ingredient is causing the irritation if I can not even pronounce half of the 30 ingredients. I am now back to my regular skincare routine and my skin is doing amazing. I wash my face with the gentle cetaphil cleanser and the konjac sponge from cetaphil. Even if i'm cleansing with those two products for over two minutes, my skin is never ever flushed or irritated. That's what I LOVE. After I dry my face I apply my cetaphil moisturizing lotion by rubbing a pea sized amount into my fingers and patting/pressing it gently into my face. Every other night I wash my face with the cetaphil and konjac sponge, wait 30 minutes, apply Retin A, and then my cetaphil moisturizer. Retin A works miracles for my skin and I feel my skin is at its best when I use simple but effective products such as cetaphil with my Retin A.

Hopefully this long, but detailed review helps someone who has at least some of the same issues as me, or is contemplating buying this product. Once again, my review is not based on the price nor the mineral oil in the product. I am just stating how my face reacted with the product. Good Luck Everyone!

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Evablue87

I have dry/combination skin. this was a Present from my friend and I was so happy to try this famous cream. It felt great when I put it on, but washing my face after work I saw two pimples and pinky red blush on my cheeks. I thought may be it is my skin that is not getting use to it. So i gave it a go one more time and that was the worst choice I made for 2013. It gave me the worst reaction I ever had since 2002 when an insect killer that accidentally sprayed on my face and peeled the skin off. My cheeks gone red and dry, white/red heads all over, itchy and BURN bad..... I suffered for two weeks and it still did not go off until today. I could not wear anything on my face.. FeelTerrible.. Do not use this if you had reaction in the first day like me. Big NoNo from my skin....

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

This product didn't work for me at all. I felt like this was just sitting on top of my skin instead of absorbing. And yes, I "warmed" it between my fingers, but it didn't help. It also clogged my pores. Huge waste of money, in my opinion.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No