September 19, 2014 | 1909 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO Eyelash Adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product comes in a squeeze tube so it is difficult to apply a thin strip of glue onto the lash band, thus you may squeeze out too much glue. It has a odd smell so when you are eyeballing the glue onto the lashes it may bother some. It sticks well at first but the glue wears off easily. The glue doesn't dry clear it dries like regular glue. I prefer the lash glue with the brush applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only adhesive you should be using to apply your lashes is this....the rest IMO are rubbish and dont last nearly as long as this product does.
its the adhesive used by the makeup industry for good reason.
i purchased mine at the mac counter however i think you can pick this up almost anywhere they sell makeup.
excellent staying power, easy to apply, dries completely clear in a matter of seconds.
you wont be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

does it what it says - eyelashes stay on all day. it dries in a decent amount of time. i believe its around $6 and you can find it anywhere - drugstores, sephora, mac, target, etc. the only con would be sometimes it doesnt dry clear so i have to run some black eyeliner over the glue. but really no big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is used by professionals and gets the job done for me. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

My review is for the DUO Eyelash Adhesive in the Dark Tone version. This is the only false eyelash glue that I will ever use. The other type of glue that came either with the lashes or ones you buy separately gave me a bad allergic reaction. And it also does a good job of keeping my falsies in tack all day long.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I actually love this glue. I have tried different brands and they just did not work as well as this one. It is easy to use and it dries clear. I was using this for months with no issues then about a month ago I started getting redness after i remove the lashes. At first I thought it was the eyeliner I was using then I finally figured out that it was the glue. I didn't think this was the problem as I never had allergies to latex ever in my life. I would have never thought it was the glue but after testing different eyeliner brands then I finally discovered that i developed allergies to latex.
One morning I woke up and my eyes were swollen. I freaked out and I knew it was the glue. I had to stop wearing the lashes for a few days and thank god my eyes healed quickly,. I would never buy this again. It is so difficult to find latex free glue but like I said it doesn't matter if you don't have allergies to latex, you can potentially develop it. I wore false lashes 4 x a week max and this glue irritated my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Kasey3435

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started wearing false eyelashes last year. I didn't have a good experience with the adhesives I used. They always made my eyelashes FALL OFF. (embarrassing), Nothing worked. I was about to give up on false eyelashes, Until I found this! I used it for the first time and it was PERFECT! I fell in love with it! I read great reviews about it online, so I had to try it! (It's only a dollar or two, so why not!)
My eyelashes stayed put until I took them off. The adhesive looks very natural on the skin! (I like the dark version) To make sure I would love this glue, I put it to THE ULTIMATE TEST. THE SHOWER! I wore my eyelashes with this adhesive as I took my shower and guess what... IT DIDN'T COME OFF! It didn't even get messed up or moved! I LOVE THIS! I can't wait for My next test! THE POOL :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is pretty great and holds lashes well. Granted I have never tried another adhesive, because I wear falsies only for nice events (which for me is like once every 2 months). I can't wear them daily, they drive my sensitive eyes bananas.
I like that this adhesive is easily accessible (almost any drugstore in the U.S), cheap, dries clear, and does the job.
I do have an issue with the packaging as it is kinda messy and typically squirts out way too much product. I don't know what packaging would be better though :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use falsies every singe day, and I cannot live without this baby! Having said that, I love how this applies so easily because of the packaging and because it gets really tacky fast, unlike some cheap lash glues I've used in the past that took forever to dry and when it does, it still looks white and not clear. This is also really easy to take off. I find that it hold on to my lashes really well throughout the day--I have never experienced having to take off and reapply my lashes with this--but at the same time it doesn't cling on my lid so much that I would have to tug at my eye and cause me to pull out my lashes whenever I take this off at night. I really recommend using this over any lash glue out there, especially those that come free with your lashes because this makes putting on and taking off your lashes so much easier.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by missfit111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

DO NOT USE THIS GLUE! This is the first review I have ever written- my experience with this glue has been so bad that I feel compelled to warn you guys! About a month ago I had thick and long lashes but I decided I wanted to play with fake lashes for the fun of it. I used this glue and everything seemed fine. After a couple of days my eyes were so swollen- I could not recognize myself in the mirror. I didn't realize it was because of the glue, so I actually used more lashes and dark shadow to try to hide the swelling. I kept going over my new makeup products testing them on my wrist. Finally I got to the glue- put it on my wrist- it BURNED!! For some reason it didn't really burn on my eyes but the swelling has been really tough even though I only used it around three times. It has been almost a month and my eyelids are still swollen. Doctors orders are to stop wearing eye makeup for six months. I can't even wear mascara. My eyes still itch even ever after all the steroids and medications. And to top it off I have about half of the lashes I used to have, as I've been finding them scattered all over my face. I would cry about it- trust me I've tried- but turns out I can't fabricate tears at the moment as my eyes are chronically dry. Please try a glue that doesn't contain liquid latex! Even if you have been using this you can develop allergies to it at any point- it's just not worth the risk. I know Revlon makes a latex free glue called Precision Lash Adhesive - I'll be testing that one out in the future when I get to wear eye makeup again- and not because I'll feel like it but because I'll actually need the fake lashes.
I used to love doing my eye makeup every morning. Now I just look ten years older and wake up every day looking at the mirror hoping I get my eyes and lashes back. I hope this keeps someone out there from going through this nightmare!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No