April 21, 2014 | 1090 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Bb Shine

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am normally a fan of Bumble and Bumble products, but this item is by far one of the worst items I have ever purchased and used from Bumble and Bumble. The scent is disgusting (one of the worst and grossest smells ever) as well as did not impart any shine instead it left my hair looking dirty, greasy and smelly YUCK.) Overpriced, smells putrid and does not work - would not recommend. I have found that the shine spray in a can from Biosilk works how I wanted BB shine to work. It gives me a nice healthy shine as well as has a very light scent and I paid about $15 for the can at ULTA - if BB shine did not work for you or is too yucky in smell, try the Biosilk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG alert!!! I have tried many shine sprays and none can stand even close to this, sorry. This makes my coarse, thick hair look like glass. And the shine lasted well into the next day. In fact, my next-day bedhead hair was super smooth and shiny. Very expensive but you can find it cheaper on ebay. Worth it, though, because it actually works very, very well. I have never been impressed with a shine spray before (Rusk, Frederic Fekkai, etc.)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

*2c/3a curly*
I tried this on my hair after straightening as its easier to see results that way. Firstly.. CUTE packaging.. love the diva gold box (1pt) and can (2pts). Secondly.. RANK smell! Seriously.. WHAT the hell?? From what i remember it didn't last too long so i guess thats somewhat of a bonus but as soon as i was done spraying i had to run out of that spot! I didn't notice that much of added shine either, i gave it another go, not too much though and i noticed shine alright.. greasy looking shine (not the look i prefer to go for) Maybe i didnt get the balance right but i dont plan to try again.
It stinks ..litereally.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by cakemix

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing on my hair.
I spray it very lightly in a circle over my head just once and my hair actually looks like it has little light bulbs in it... and this lasts all day.
My hair is thick and coarse in texture.
The smell is horrible but it doesn't linger at all in my hair. But I do need to open the windows and the fan to air out the room.
Other than that... big YAY!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

I agree w/some raters, the product is way too heavy and greasy even for my thick hair. And again, these types of product are all about amount... if you put too much on you feel like you have to wash your hair all over again just to get the extra product out of your hair. If and when I use it (I bought the small size bottle) I try to make sure I spray the furthest from head and NOT at the scalp. EDIT: I got my hair cut this past Friday (At Bumble and Bumble), Nikki, my hairstylist of 10yrs used this product by spraying onto her hand 1st, then, using her hands to spread it on my hair. I was like, " aha," she laughed and stated that she wished they would write that step onto the label. It did not feel greasy or sticky, so I'll give this product another try (w/my hands) and see how it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hoan86

Its convient and easy to use, but I like the traditional serums which you have to apply by yourself. And I see mroe of a actual difference with other shine serums than with this one. Plus the smell is kind of aerosol and stinky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way too heavy and greasy for my fine hair. I mean who wants oily, greasy hair that's shiny? I want shine, not grease/oil so I swapped it way quickly!! I much prefer Rene Furterer's Shine Spray which is the least greasy that I've found. No I would not repurchase the Bumble & bumble Shine... but I have repurchased the Rene Furterer Shine Spray ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bellevida

I'd got for the fekkai shine spray next time. This doesn't leave my hair oily but it STINKS!~ Love the gold outside packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by katiekoeb

Very nice product, and does not weigh down my fine, oily-prone hair. I did not get the amazing shine reaults that some readers did, but definitely notice increased shine. Does anyone have reccomendations for application? My stylist at Bumble and bumble told me to spray it in my hands and then apply but I may start trying to spray it directly on. Overall, a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jennadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying nearly every silicone based shine product on the market I finally went with this stuff. It is awesome. Unlike other products like Biosilk Silk Therapy it comes in aerosol form so I don't get that crap all over my hands. Immediately after spraying it on my dry hair I could tell the difference. I have long, straight, fine, thick hair and this eliminated all... fluffiness as if I had used my Chi flatiron on it. The smell is grotesque but it disappears completely after about 10 seconds. It is very expensive but well worth the price considering I didn't have to use the flat iron afterwards. I bought the 1oz can from a salon for $19 but I wish I would have just bought the large $40 can. Like all shine products a little goes a long way so I expect this to last awhile. The packaging is pretty, a gold box, but it seems like it's really just used to hide how small the bottle is. Anyway this is a small fault, I love this stuff. I read somewhere this is what they use in the Pantene Pro V commercials. So shiny and straight, with no grease. I LOVE IT

It's been a few years since I've actually used this, it didn't really add anything to my hair. I can't say I'm very wild about it, however i still like it better than the silicone based products like the Biosilk,