November 23, 2014 | 1000 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

I noticed that they changed the packaging so I'm not sure if the formula is still the same but I am reviewing the purple bottle. I'm quite surprised at all the negative reviews so I may be in the minority since I actually did like the product. The price was great and it did a pretty decent job of removing my eye makeup remover but not all of my hard-to-remove waterproof eyeliner which is why I took one star off. So if you're a broke college student like me who doesn't want to spend much on a makeup remover (I've noticed that makeup prices have gone up so many for drugstores in recent years) give this product a try --assuming that the formulation is still the same of course.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Angelsdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't remove any eye makeup for me. It stings and its hard to get the mascara and my gel liner off. I prefer sonia kashuk eye makeup remover a thousand times over and it only cost about 3 dollars more from target. I ran out of my sonia kashuk so i tried this one and it took me about 20 minutes to get everything off. I am disappointed and will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

Burns my eyes badly. Will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I fell in love with the Target generic brand, and I think it's generic for Oil of Olay. I went to Target, and it wasn't there, so I settled for this. I have kind of freakishly long lashes from Latisse. The first night I used this to remove my eye make up (mac eyeliner, Mac eye shadow, Maybelline Falsie's Mascara). My eyeliner and mascara would not remove. I then had to use Trader Joe's makeup remover to remove the rest of the eye make-up. I tried it again the next night, using more product. It was a fair improvement, but I woke up with eyeliner on the bottom lid. So the next night, I used even more product. This is craziness. I don't like it. I will use it until I buy something different. olive oil works better than this, but it burns.

08/28/2011: I keep waking up with mascara shadow on the bottom lid....never ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by animaloverer

I honestly remember this product being soo much better. It does what its supposed to when it comes to taking off facial makeup and what not, but I'll tell you....mascara-nothing came off. Yes, I like to use a waterproof mascara because I like how it holds a curl better than regular formula. However, I would have had the same result if I tried to use water....either my mascara is amazingly waterproof, or this isn't as good as I remember. I think its the later. Also, I love the fact its oil free, but seriously Almay- I thought you were all about hypoallergenic, I dont wear contacts, but trying to take off the mascara- my eyes were drying and SUPER itchy even like 20 minutes later, I found I was still rubbing my eyes. And I do not have sensitive eyes, I am a non contact wearer-just to give you an idea. The only way I ended up getting my mascara off was because I tried really hard to rub it off and ended up losing a few lashes...at least they grow back every 28 days! but still... I'd like my makeup remover to take off all my makeup, not some of it.

Since I have a whole bottle of this....I'll use it to remove my foundation and whatnot, but I'll avoid this on my eyes...I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG makeup remover. I use it to take off foundation, non-waterproof mascara, under eye concealer, eyeliner and eyeshadow. Since I don't use waterproof mascara I can't comment on how effective it is on that but I do know it works great on everything else, especially my foundation which I wear everyday. Colorstay foundation is notoriously hard to get off, but I find that it comes off very easily with this makeup remover. I have rosacea, acne and very sensitive skin so I really like how I don't need to rub very much to get everything off my face. It doesn't irritate my skin/eyes or cause redness. There's no dry patches or oiliness left behind either. There is a scent, but it's not that strong. I honestly don't understand the bad reviews! Unless you are trying to take off waterproof mascara, this stuff works perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must be in the minority here...I like this product as much as others hate this and Great Lash mascara. I was at Ulta and decided to pick up this remover during a sale. I liked how it was in a lighter purple bottle and the packaging (or at least the label) looked updated compared to what I had seen at CVS. I used the remover after I swam and jogged (over an hour of activity) and had applied mascara and shadow earlier. I had taken off my contacts prior too. Point is, my eyes and skin had been through a lot=) Based on the reviews, I thought oh gosh, something's gonna sting...to my surprise the remover worked well! Not at all oily, everything was removed really well using a moistened pad. I did this at night and when I woke up my eyes and skin were fine. So even though there are a lot of naysayers regarding this Almay product, I tested it and everything worked out well=)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by roeroex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful, awful product. Burns my eyes like no one's business and removes absolutely nothing. When it does remove things, it is only because I scrubbed and scrubbed, and I don't want to keep doing that and get wrinkles. I've tried shaking it and nothing helps it work better. It also leaves a weird sticky residue that makes my under eye concealer go on spotty and weird. My Neutrogena Oil-Free works a million times better, back to using that.
Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by RAPPEL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

seriously...this does NOT work at removing waterproof mascara AT ALL!!! terrible....don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by victosh_ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I saw the review in Real Simple magazine and bought without checking my reliable MUA. What a mistake,this makeup remover does not work at. Lancome Bi-facil is much better.