The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I have mixed feelings about this product. First, the positive aspect: it smells DIVINE. Omg, I LOVE anything citrus and this is the best citrus scent I've ever smelled. Like a batch of juicy, invigorating mandarins that I want to roll all over my naked body (not that I've ever done that...*shifty eyes*). It's just so fresh and authentic! However, it's the product itself that fails. To me it's really greasy and doesn't sink into the skin right away; in fact, my hands almost feel sweaty for hours after I've originally smoothed on this product. Not cute at all. So this body butter will probably just be one I sniff and have a nose-gasm over in the store, but not purchase. Such a shame, too. Love the scent :(

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! My mom always sends me and my roommate goodie bags for Christmas, and this was in our bags! I just finished this up tonight, and I smell great! At first I was kind of put off by the smell, but I grew to love it. I think it might be too strong for some people who are sensitive to smells or are allergic to perfumes, so if you're one of those people, I'd stay away, but for others, try this out! I love Body Shop body butters way more than BBW body butters because I find BBW butters leave me greasy feelings, while this soaks right in and makes me feel all supple and sweet. I shower at night and I slather this on afterwards. I probably won't use it in the summer, but since it's the dead of winter, my skin needs all the moisture it can get. I'll definitely repurchase this scent as well as other scents!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this body butter. The scent is amazing, and really smells like mandarins. I really got a lot of compliments on it when I open the jar at the nail salon (and you know how strong that place can smell!). I don't find the moisturizing aspect to be that amazing, but it's alright. The body butter absorbs fast and is grease-less - which is a plus for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love The Body Shop's Body Butters. They actually sink into the skin and moisturize instead of just sitting on top of it, they don't feel greasy, and they leave a lovely scent that lingers for hours (I usually skip perfume when wearing one of these butters). I just wish that they weren't so pricey.

Anyhow, Satsuma is probably my favorite scent for these butters. It smells like a batch of fresh Japanese oranges. I don't find it overpowering because I love a citrusy scent, and this is as citrusy as it gets. Love it :) I almost always have one of these on my vanity.

LOVEEEEEE this...very fresh and the smell lingers all day..it compliments my perfume very well (clinique happy-another citrus smell)..it does seriously wake me up in the morning and moisturise my skin very well! highly recommended! too bad its not available here in australia

The best way I'd describe this is... FRESH! I try to wear this everyday, and the crispy smell always lingers :) I can't take the smell of perfumes any longer, so I use this as a scent.

!!!!!*For those who say that it ends up smelling like beer/skunk/whatever else, I think it has something to do with your body chemistry. I, personally, never have this issue.

Love the tub, love the moisturizing ability of this fine cream body butter. Perfect texture - not too thick and not too thin. Smell is out of this world incredible citrus!!!

what is not to love? I reach for this when I want a citrusy pick me up!

i have mized feelings about this bad boy. while i love citrusy scents (and it does not get more citrus-y than this stuff), im bummed at the lasting power of the fragrance. i was hoping to be able to use this instead of perfume in the hotter months, but alas, this is not the case. it is nice and moisturizing, but nothing you cant get from an $8 bottle of jergens. for the price, i am super disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This used to be a favorite scent of mine in high school. I was recently at Sephora and I saw Satsuma included in the display of Body Shop butters. I remember the scent being delicious and juicy, whereas the tester smelled weird. "Okay," I thought, "it's probably an old tester so thatís why the smell is off." I went ahead and bought the full-size jar of it. When I got home and tried it, it literally smelled like beer (Blue Moon, to be exact)! My body chemistry must be out of whack.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products