Orly In A Snap

4.1

MEK, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Proprionate, Ethyl Methacrylate

on 7/28/2009 12:46:00 AM

Love this top coat! This drys suuuuper fast and does not leave me handicapped for hours waiting for my nails to dry. (I'm naturally a very impatient person and am not willing to sit and do nothing for a long period of time.) This is great! Smells like alcohol, rather than that regular "nail polish" smell, if you know what I mean. Love the frosted glass bottle, its really pretty! Also makes the polish really easy to remove with non-acetone remover. My only gripe with this is that it isn't one of the shinyest top coats and is not the best for protecting against chips/tip wear. Usually what i do is after all the layers are dry, when i have a little free time I put on an extra coat of SH Double Duty base/top coat which gives it that extra shine and durability. Since In a Snap is a pretty thin formula, it you like layering polishes and making designs, when it dries, you will still be able to "feel" the design (the bumps and all) so the SH also helps to fill it in and smooth it out.

on 4/22/2009 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like this topcoat. Dries very quickly. Leaves a nice glossy finish and "corrects" the nail polish without looking like it is lifting it from the nail. I haven't had a problem with it leaving the nail polish tacky underneath, but others have (which may be a function of the types of nail polish I am using - mostly Milani and express-dry formulas). Between this and the Sally Hansen Double-duty that I am using as a base, my manicures are now making it through the day without chipping.

on 4/19/2009 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Orly's In a Snap top coat is a very, VERY quick-drying top coat. The downside is that it's drying as you're painting - and when you're done the only thing that's dry is the topcoat leaving the layers underneath still tacky and dentable. I'm giving this two thumbs down because I find Seche Vite to work much better at drying ALL the layers.

on 4/16/2009 11:18:00 PM

I used Poshe before this product and it got too thick, so I decided to try this one. It's not as good as Poshe. It's a lot thinner, yes, but I did my nails today and I just washed the dishes and they're chipped. I didn't have this problem with Poshe! I'm going back to Poshe, but before I do I'm going to mix this one with my old, thick Poshe to see how that works =)

on 3/21/2009 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this topcoat. I have not tried Poshe or Seche, but now I don't even want to. Have been using this for a month. Dries fairly quickly (I add beauty secrets dryer spray over it to make it even quicker), is very shiny, does not shrink polish and helps prevent chipping very well. I add an extra coat every other day to prolong the life of my mani. Have been getting 4-5 days manis with this easy, sometimes with minor, easy to fix chips, other times with no chips at all. Being easy to find and very cheap at Sally's means I plan to keep using it!

on 2/3/2009 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG topcoat. It is fast drying but is still thin in consistency, which means it is easy to apply. You don't have to work like a speed demon to get this on smoothly, but it still dries rock hard within a couple of minutes. I've been using it for over a month now and it hasn't start thickening at all. Also, it is super shiny, which is a huge plus! I got this at Sally's and it is a bargain if you have a Sally's card.

on 1/24/2009 6:45:00 PM

I was previously using OPI's topcoat. While OPI topcoat is very durable, I got sick and tired of the slow drying time (requiring the use of drying drops) and the fact that the topcoat would get thick and bubbly about half way through the bottle. I keep adding thinner and it just thickens up again eventually. Also, thinning the polish does nothing to solve the bubbling problem. I embarked on a search here at Makeup Alley to find a topcoat that is fast drying, not too thick, and durable. The most popular fast drying topcoats here appear to be Seche, Poshe, and SH Insta-Dri. Seche and Poshe turn thick and require thinner after a while, so I immediately decided they were not for me. SH Insta-Dri was also a no-go, because SH products just don't hold up on my nails for some reason. I decided to give Orly In a Snap a try, because the reviews were positive for the most part, the reviewers stated that the topcoat was thinner than other fasting drying topcoats, and it doesn't appear to turn into a goopy mess like other topcoats.
I have been using In a Snap for over a week now, and it rightfully hold the position of HG topcoat for me. It dries very fast. It's extremely durable. I am on day four of my current mani and it looks as fresh as day one. No chips, no tip wear, and no bubbles! I also love the fact that it isn't thick. It's very easy to apply. Let me tell you, it doesn't get much better than this! My search for the perfect topcoat is over!

on 1/20/2009 2:50:00 AM

Oh, no. I was all set to love this stuff, but I don't think it loves me back. I got this hoping to use it instead of Seche, but it seems to be so hit-or-miss for me. I don't think it dries quite as quickly and it doesn't seem to be as durable. My nails will look and feel completely dry but I'll still getting nicks and dents in the polish. Other times it will work perfectly and wear like iron. I don't get it.

One good thing, though: unlike Seche, In a Snap doesn't shrink the polish and give me that annoying tip pull. If the other reviews are any indication, it doesn't turn into an unusable bottle of goo after a couple of months, either. If you're not a klutz like I am, this may still be worth checking out. I'm just disappointed.

eta: I swapped this for Poshe, which I've had a lot more success with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

AMAZING! Love this stuff... I wont paint my nails without it.. I am one of those unlucky ones where nail polish does not stay on me for more than 2 days.. and I have perfectly painted nails for alittle more than a week with this stuff.. and not to mention how fast it dies.. I am always on the go and dont have time to wait 20 min to let nails dry..

GREAT Stuff!

on 12/31/2008 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Awesome topcoat. Dries to touch fast, (but not so fast that it makes application difficult) and within just a few more minutes nails are protected from denting and smudging accidents. Very shiny, smooths out any imperfections in the texture of the polish underneath. It's pretty cheap too, I can't imagine using anything else.

Top Rated Orly Products