October 30, 2014 | 1679 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - In A Snap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Like this topcoat. Dries very quickly. Leaves a nice glossy finish and "corrects" the nail polish without looking like it is lifting it from the nail. I haven't had a problem with it leaving the nail polish tacky underneath, but others have (which may be a function of the types of nail polish I am using - mostly Milani and express-dry formulas). Between this and the Sally Hansen Double-duty that I am using as a base, my manicures are now making it through the day without chipping.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Orly's In a Snap top coat is a very, VERY quick-drying top coat. The downside is that it's drying as you're painting - and when you're done the only thing that's dry is the topcoat leaving the layers underneath still tacky and dentable. I'm giving this two thumbs down because I find Seche Vite to work much better at drying ALL the layers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Taskittycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Poshe before this product and it got too thick, so I decided to try this one. It's not as good as Poshe. It's a lot thinner, yes, but I did my nails today and I just washed the dishes and they're chipped. I didn't have this problem with Poshe! I'm going back to Poshe, but before I do I'm going to mix this one with my old, thick Poshe to see how that works =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this topcoat. I have not tried Poshe or Seche, but now I don't even want to. Have been using this for a month. Dries fairly quickly (I add beauty secrets dryer spray over it to make it even quicker), is very shiny, does not shrink polish and helps prevent chipping very well. I add an extra coat every other day to prolong the life of my mani. Have been getting 4-5 days manis with this easy, sometimes with minor, easy to fix chips, other times with no chips at all. Being easy to find and very cheap at Sally's means I plan to keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by courters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG topcoat. It is fast drying but is still thin in consistency, which means it is easy to apply. You don't have to work like a speed demon to get this on smoothly, but it still dries rock hard within a couple of minutes. I've been using it for over a month now and it hasn't start thickening at all. Also, it is super shiny, which is a huge plus! I got this at Sally's and it is a bargain if you have a Sally's card.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dwmakeupluvr

I was previously using OPI's topcoat. While OPI topcoat is very durable, I got sick and tired of the slow drying time (requiring the use of drying drops) and the fact that the topcoat would get thick and bubbly about half way through the bottle. I keep adding thinner and it just thickens up again eventually. Also, thinning the polish does nothing to solve the bubbling problem. I embarked on a search here at Makeup Alley to find a topcoat that is fast drying, not too thick, and durable. The most popular fast drying topcoats here appear to be Seche, Poshe, and SH Insta-Dri. Seche and Poshe turn thick and require thinner after a while, so I immediately decided they were not for me. SH Insta-Dri was also a no-go, because SH products just don't hold up on my nails for some reason. I decided to give Orly In a Snap a try, because the reviews were positive for the most part, the reviewers stated that the topcoat was thinner than other fasting drying topcoats, and it doesn't appear to turn into a goopy mess like other topcoats.
I have been using In a Snap for over a week now, and it rightfully hold the position of HG topcoat for me. It dries very fast. It's extremely durable. I am on day four of my current mani and it looks as fresh as day one. No chips, no tip wear, and no bubbles! I also love the fact that it isn't thick. It's very easy to apply. Let me tell you, it doesn't get much better than this! My search for the perfect topcoat is over!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, no. I was all set to love this stuff, but I don't think it loves me back. I got this hoping to use it instead of Seche, but it seems to be so hit-or-miss for me. I don't think it dries quite as quickly and it doesn't seem to be as durable. My nails will look and feel completely dry but I'll still getting nicks and dents in the polish. Other times it will work perfectly and wear like iron. I don't get it.

One good thing, though: unlike Seche, In a Snap doesn't shrink the polish and give me that annoying tip pull. If the other reviews are any indication, it doesn't turn into an unusable bottle of goo after a couple of months, either. If you're not a klutz like I am, this may still be worth checking out. I'm just disappointed.

eta: I swapped this for Poshe, which I've had a lot more success with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! Love this stuff... I wont paint my nails without it.. I am one of those unlucky ones where nail polish does not stay on me for more than 2 days.. and I have perfectly painted nails for alittle more than a week with this stuff.. and not to mention how fast it dies.. I am always on the go and dont have time to wait 20 min to let nails dry..

GREAT Stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awesome topcoat. Dries to touch fast, (but not so fast that it makes application difficult) and within just a few more minutes nails are protected from denting and smudging accidents. Very shiny, smooths out any imperfections in the texture of the polish underneath. It's pretty cheap too, I can't imagine using anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I absolutely love this top coat, it dries very quickly and leaves a great finish. I liked it a lot better than Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri, which left my nails still easily smudgable after the allotted drying time. The Orly product is definitely worth the extra few dollars.