Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

on 3/7/2013 5:01:00 AM

This is a good primer and gives a lovely velvety smooth finish to the skin. Makeup lasts all day using this. The only thing I don't like is the jar packaging (unhygienic and annoying to get your hands into the small jar) and it is a bit pricey.

on 3/6/2013 9:29:00 AM

I love this and use it daily. Even before I put my makeup on my skin looked better. It really helps if you have a problem with makeup settling in pores. This prevents that beautifully. Interesting story from the Clarins rep. She said a man was 'circling' the Clarins counter and she finally asked if she could help him find something. He said he was going to a job interview and needed something to cover a piercing. She brought out this and applied it over the small hole and he bought it on the spot. I'll continue to use this. For days that you don't wear makeup it greatly improves the look of your skin.

on 2/20/2013 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know... I just don't know... It kind of makes my pores less visible but wrinkle-wise it just doesn't really do anything for me. As I don't use foundation I was hoping this would do a little bit more blurring than it does, with BB cream on top it is okay, but I'm doubting if I will repurchase this. It does too little for the money it costs (€25 here in the Netherlands). But I will continue experimenting with this to make it work for me :)!
UPDATE: I use this with Max Factor's Facefinity compact on top now. Finally I see the pro's of this stuff! The combination really makes my pores almost invisible.

on 2/12/2013 12:22:00 PM

I can't really tell whether this product is doing anything special for me. It's not a bad product by any means, but it's not great either.

I find it very similar to L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer in the glass jar, but may be just a tad bit softer and more blendable.

I use it around my mouth where I have some 'smile lines' and old acne scarring. I also use it around my nose and between my eyebrows but I've started to break out specifically in those areas, so I've quite using this for now.

I don't necessarily see any difference with how my makeup wears when I use this or when I don't.

I love this product!!!!! It´s my favorite primer ever, really! I have tried benefit, smashbox, clinique, and other brands and clarins smooth perfecting touch is the best one far away.
I have combination skin, it doesn´t brake me out, controls oil in my nose super well, it leaves like a veil in my face and my make up stays perfect all day long. What can I say? Just buy it it is much more better than benefit pores prof.

on 2/8/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have I missed this brand and product? This along with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm has made all the difference in 56 year old skin.

My makeup doesn't move, my pores appear less noticeable, my skin is smoother and brighter.

on 2/8/2013 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

One of those products worshipped by beauty bloggers, I knew I had to try this, being on the hunt for a new primer after Benefit, ELF and No. 7 primers really let me down - my foundation was always a mess during the day and No. 7's matte formula just balled up on my face since I don't use an oily moisturiser. I received a tiny fingernail-sized sample from the Clarins counter at Boots to try.
I'm happy to say I fell in love with the product - the tiniest amount smooths out all the bumps and imperfections on my face allowing any foundation to glide on easily. It keeps my makeup in place throughout the day with only a brief powder touchup to keep my oily nose under control. The miniature sample even lasted 4.5 uses, amazing!
Despite being a broke student I'll be paying ~£20 for a full-sized jar which should last me months - definitely worth the money, especially since my skin and makeup look great all day!

on 2/2/2013 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! I use it under Bare Minerals Matte and it massively extends wear, staying power and oil control. It has a matte finish and a jar has lasted me 6 months. It comes with a spatula, which I don't bother with. It's also good at smoothing out lined areas. I prefer it to Smashbox original as it's more moisturising, makes lines look better yet has the same matte finish. If you wait a couple of minutes before applying your fdn, it works better. It even works over makeup.

on 1/27/2013 9:44:00 AM

great primer for my combination skin. glides on easily and makeup looks and lasts better. has a mattifying finish. 15g jar lasts a long time, great value for money.

on 1/27/2013 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using a deluxe sample of this, and it's surprisingly good, even on my combo-oily skin that doesn't like about 90% of primers. I switch between the Hourglass one and this one, and I'd say this is quite comparable to the Hourglass one in performance. This one allows my makeup to apply very smoothly and keeps in in place well, without me having to touch up much at all.

I might buy a full-sized jar of this once my Hourglass primer is finished. I'd say this is an ideal primer for those with fine lines and wrinkles, as it smooths everything out for your makeup application. Surprisingly, my combo-oily skin loves this too, so I'd say quite a few people would like this. I do wish this was in a more sanitary container, however. I hate products in jars--horribly unsanitary:T.