October 31, 2014 | 1528 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by pinkdoctor88

This is a good primer! It makes my foundation last the whole time i'm in school. Stress and an oily face comes along with being a medical student and i used to not wear a primer over my foundation which made my face look cakey and blotchy at the end of the day. After using LM oil-free foundation primer, my makeup looked like it was an hour old even after 12 hours of wear.:) will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After loving the original formula I decided to try this one as I have combination skin. I love water based primers so the consistency didn't put me off completely but it is very watery. It also has a plasticky smell. I don't react to things very often but this caused a reaction that I was fighting for several weeks in the form of lots of small raised bumps under my skin. I can't comment on it's performance as a primer but if your deciding between them then the original formula wins hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this primer for the past 6 months and I really enjoy it. It keeps my makeup on and I like how easy it is to blend without the silicone feeling. It has no scent that I can tell. Sometimes the opening and the cap get a little messy from the product but otherwise I like the packaging. I have pretty oily skin, and this does not prevent or delay the shine from coming through, but it does keep my makeup from looking blotchy. Have already repurchased another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it does what it's supposed to do. My foundation does stay put longer with it on but at 1,590 Baht (which is about $53) there must be something better and cheaper out there. Also, I feel a tingling feeling when I apply it but maybe it's just me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I've used this product through the hottest part of the summer and into early autumn. While I do think it probably helped keep my foundation on during the hotter months, I noticed recently (now that's it's not so hot) that my foundation actually looks smoother and lasts about the same without this primer under it. So this product is mostly useless, in my opinion, and I'm throwing it out. Next summer I'll be looking for a better oil-free primer.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I gave this product a 3 because it does the job, but it's nothing special as far as I can tell.

It keeps my makeup (Chanel Perfection Lumiere) on all day, through hot and humid summer days. It doesn't eliminate shine or hide pores. That said,it doesn't make anything worse either.

I like the squeeze-tube packaging. However, I've only been using it for about a month, and already the cap has broken. (It still works and seals, but the outer part of the cap broke away from the inner functional part of it.)

I plan to finish the tube and then I'll probably look for something different for next summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MAC92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a new primer for some time and I got this one in the 14.7ml sample, almost 4-5months ago and I still haven't finished it! I wear foundation every day/second day but with this primer you only need to use the smallest amount, probably a pea size or less - a little goes a long way! I would recommend this primer over the MAC prep + prime primer any day. I have normal-oily skin and although the MAC primer feels a lot smoother and nicer to put on your face, the Laura Mercier one actually leaves you with a matte and flawless looking face for much longer. It also does not break me out which is a bonus! I will definitely be purchasing the full sized primer soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample at Sephora in a little tube. I was surprised when I found that a little bit goes a LONG way. That tiny sample ended up lasting me 3 weeks-a month and I wear foundation every day. Packaging was HORRID, but I'm not sure if that was because I just happened to get a weird tube. The cap would not unscrew until i ran it under hot water and tried several times. All of this trouble ended up being worth it-this is the HG of foundation primers. Mattified my face but also gave it a glow at the same time: an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. Even the slipperiest of foundations (ala Photoready) stayed on all day and didn't budge. I'm not sure how much a full size of this costs but based on other reviews I'll guess it's expensive, but I'd consider buying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the Laura Mercier box with Magazine (on the whole range and how to use the products to achieve different looks). It's something that is offered in Japan at the end of every year. Many famous brands (clothing, makeup etc) will release one each year.

For reference, I have dry combination skin. The primer has a gel-like consistency and smells a little plasticky. I've found that it didn't make a difference if I had this primer on or not. It did not extend the wear of my foundation, nor did it provide a flawless canvas for my face.

I wanted to love it but it just didn't work for me. It was a good thing I didn't pay for it - A generous sample came with the magazine (30ml) along with a sponge, a little pot of creme smooth foundation in Warm Ivory which I ended up loving and an embroidered Laura Mercier makeup pouch.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Skin-Type: (Very) Oily/Acne-Prone

I bought this even though it had pretty meh ratings on MUA b/c of all the beauty editor recommendations. It's my first primer, so I don't know how a primer is supposed to feel on the skin, but I can no doubt say that it's pretty heavy. When you put it on, you can most defiantly feel a difference.

I have extremely oily skin & it's impossible for me to last the entire day without blotting; however, I will admit that I can go up to a good few hours without shine (I don't know if it's this primer doing it's job, or my mattifying foundation though...) and it's never made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pissed because this has low ratings on here >_