April 18, 2014 | 1834 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Skin-Type: (Very) Oily/Acne-Prone

I bought this even though it had pretty meh ratings on MUA b/c of all the beauty editor recommendations. It's my first primer, so I don't know how a primer is supposed to feel on the skin, but I can no doubt say that it's pretty heavy. When you put it on, you can most defiantly feel a difference.

I have extremely oily skin & it's impossible for me to last the entire day without blotting; however, I will admit that I can go up to a good few hours without shine (I don't know if it's this primer doing it's job, or my mattifying foundation though...) and it's never made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pissed because this has low ratings on here >_

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by amytvrz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily /combination skin and I was told this product would make my face flawless. It did make my face look really nice and smooth the only bad think is that when I wear this primer it makes my look oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by k8edegan

I have classic combination skin - and I have made the investment to go back to Laura Mercier and invest in a primer. My skin has never looked worse and the only new addition to my makeup regimen is this product. Does anyone else get clogged pores? I have these gross little white bumps that are completely filled with oil. This is less than 2 weeks after a very thorough and exfoliating facial. So disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've nearly used my entire tube of this primer and have finally given up on it. I bought the whole little oil-free kit last Black Friday and have since tried this primer with the tinted moisturiser given, the CoverGirl Natureluxe stuff, Revlon Colourstay and an older Clinque foundation I had bought a while ago - and while all of them managed to stay on places that never touch anything like my cheeks, other spots like my nose, my chin and my forehead wore away within an hour or two of application. I have naturally reddish skin so it was always blazingly obvious when it would win the battle versus my makeup.

As for its oil-free moniker, I completely disagree. Not an hour would go by that I would have to blot my face even having used mattifying foundation and powder.

Nowhere near worth the price. I'm unlikely now to try any of this brand again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not going to rave about this product, but it's also not the worst out there either. My main reason for using primers would be oil-control. I use this currently with my MUFE Mat Velvet and I would say my face would be oil free for around 3-4 hours (during winter/spring) before I need to touch up. This is not bad, but I am hoping to find one that controls my oil well enough that it doesn't require any touch ups at all.

I think you just need to experiment with different combinations of foundation with this primer because this WILL work better with other foundations. For example, when I use this with the Fit Me foundation I get another couple hours out of it.

I don't like the smell of this primer.. it smells really plastic-like but its not a HUGE deal. The consistency is white and resembles moisturizer. Price-wise, I guess its typical for primer but also kind of expensive. It will last you quite a while though.

Overall not bad for oil-control, but I am still looking for something better!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by jennaalatalo

I bought this because I loved my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation in Bamboo Beige and figured that if I used her primer my foundation might look even better. Plus, I have pretty oily skin and figured that an oil-free primer might help control oil and make my pores appear smaller. HOWEVER, I used this several times and it didn't do anything. I still became very oily, my pores were the same size/just as visible, and it didn't make my face any smoother. Did it make my makeup last longer? Nope. Not even that.

I spent, what, $30 bucks on this? What for? I could've saved $30 dollars and not used anything and got the same result. This goes on like a moisturizer. I use Cetaphil and it's a LOT cheaper than this crap. Very disappointed, especially because I loved my LM SC Foundation.

Will not repurchase and do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by suejean14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product after reading mixed reviews. I'd hoped that this product would work for me but after using this product for after a month, it is a horrible primer. I have oily skin so I assumed an oil free foundation primer would do the trick. Instead it did nothing. I still looked like a oily mess mid day and found myself constantly having to re-powder my face. Now that I've found milk of magnesium, I won't try anything else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Hated this. I'd rather go without a primer than use this. It smells like some awful burning plastic, rolled up on my skin when I tried to apply LM's tinted moisturizer and didn't help the wear of the her tinted moisturizer at all and I don't have oily skin. Also did nothing noticeable for fine lines and evening of my skin. The only positive is that this oil free which I needed at the time but overall if you're looking for a great primer I would suggest samples of this first or looking elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by gee1ny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually really disappointed at this product at first so I put it aside for a while and recently started using it again and have grown to like it. The thing that really threw me off at first was the smell of it. it has a strange plastic-y smell to it, but once it's applied on the skin it seems to disappear. I like that it isn't silicone base like most primers out there. the creamy texture makes my skin soft and creates a nice base for foundation to adhere on to. It works MUCH better with a base applied over it, then applying the foundation. I usually use it with my shu umeura mousse base and it helps my make up stay on for a long long time. though it's an 'alright' product for me, i still want to try the other versions of this primer.