September 1, 2014 | 928 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MAC92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a new primer for some time and I got this one in the 14.7ml sample, almost 4-5months ago and I still haven't finished it! I wear foundation every day/second day but with this primer you only need to use the smallest amount, probably a pea size or less - a little goes a long way! I would recommend this primer over the MAC prep + prime primer any day. I have normal-oily skin and although the MAC primer feels a lot smoother and nicer to put on your face, the Laura Mercier one actually leaves you with a matte and flawless looking face for much longer. It also does not break me out which is a bonus! I will definitely be purchasing the full sized primer soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample at Sephora in a little tube. I was surprised when I found that a little bit goes a LONG way. That tiny sample ended up lasting me 3 weeks-a month and I wear foundation every day. Packaging was HORRID, but I'm not sure if that was because I just happened to get a weird tube. The cap would not unscrew until i ran it under hot water and tried several times. All of this trouble ended up being worth it-this is the HG of foundation primers. Mattified my face but also gave it a glow at the same time: an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. Even the slipperiest of foundations (ala Photoready) stayed on all day and didn't budge. I'm not sure how much a full size of this costs but based on other reviews I'll guess it's expensive, but I'd consider buying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the Laura Mercier box with Magazine (on the whole range and how to use the products to achieve different looks). It's something that is offered in Japan at the end of every year. Many famous brands (clothing, makeup etc) will release one each year.

For reference, I have dry combination skin. The primer has a gel-like consistency and smells a little plasticky. I've found that it didn't make a difference if I had this primer on or not. It did not extend the wear of my foundation, nor did it provide a flawless canvas for my face.

I wanted to love it but it just didn't work for me. It was a good thing I didn't pay for it - A generous sample came with the magazine (30ml) along with a sponge, a little pot of creme smooth foundation in Warm Ivory which I ended up loving and an embroidered Laura Mercier makeup pouch.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Skin-Type: (Very) Oily/Acne-Prone

I bought this even though it had pretty meh ratings on MUA b/c of all the beauty editor recommendations. It's my first primer, so I don't know how a primer is supposed to feel on the skin, but I can no doubt say that it's pretty heavy. When you put it on, you can most defiantly feel a difference.

I have extremely oily skin & it's impossible for me to last the entire day without blotting; however, I will admit that I can go up to a good few hours without shine (I don't know if it's this primer doing it's job, or my mattifying foundation though...) and it's never made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pissed because this has low ratings on here >_

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by amytvrz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily /combination skin and I was told this product would make my face flawless. It did make my face look really nice and smooth the only bad think is that when I wear this primer it makes my look oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by k8edegan

I have classic combination skin - and I have made the investment to go back to Laura Mercier and invest in a primer. My skin has never looked worse and the only new addition to my makeup regimen is this product. Does anyone else get clogged pores? I have these gross little white bumps that are completely filled with oil. This is less than 2 weeks after a very thorough and exfoliating facial. So disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've nearly used my entire tube of this primer and have finally given up on it. I bought the whole little oil-free kit last Black Friday and have since tried this primer with the tinted moisturiser given, the CoverGirl Natureluxe stuff, Revlon Colourstay and an older Clinque foundation I had bought a while ago - and while all of them managed to stay on places that never touch anything like my cheeks, other spots like my nose, my chin and my forehead wore away within an hour or two of application. I have naturally reddish skin so it was always blazingly obvious when it would win the battle versus my makeup.

As for its oil-free moniker, I completely disagree. Not an hour would go by that I would have to blot my face even having used mattifying foundation and powder.

Nowhere near worth the price. I'm unlikely now to try any of this brand again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not going to rave about this product, but it's also not the worst out there either. My main reason for using primers would be oil-control. I use this currently with my MUFE Mat Velvet and I would say my face would be oil free for around 3-4 hours (during winter/spring) before I need to touch up. This is not bad, but I am hoping to find one that controls my oil well enough that it doesn't require any touch ups at all.

I think you just need to experiment with different combinations of foundation with this primer because this WILL work better with other foundations. For example, when I use this with the Fit Me foundation I get another couple hours out of it.

I don't like the smell of this primer.. it smells really plastic-like but its not a HUGE deal. The consistency is white and resembles moisturizer. Price-wise, I guess its typical for primer but also kind of expensive. It will last you quite a while though.

Overall not bad for oil-control, but I am still looking for something better!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by jennaalatalo

I bought this because I loved my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation in Bamboo Beige and figured that if I used her primer my foundation might look even better. Plus, I have pretty oily skin and figured that an oil-free primer might help control oil and make my pores appear smaller. HOWEVER, I used this several times and it didn't do anything. I still became very oily, my pores were the same size/just as visible, and it didn't make my face any smoother. Did it make my makeup last longer? Nope. Not even that.

I spent, what, $30 bucks on this? What for? I could've saved $30 dollars and not used anything and got the same result. This goes on like a moisturizer. I use Cetaphil and it's a LOT cheaper than this crap. Very disappointed, especially because I loved my LM SC Foundation.

Will not repurchase and do not recommend.