August 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Moisturizers - Aura Cacia - Jojoba skin care oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by happy_blackbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive, rosacea prone skin that can be both wicked dry and acne prone. I react to nearly everything I put on my skin, which makes finding a moisturizer close to impossible. I live in a very dry climate, so this is problematic (to say the least). On a whim, I bought Aura Cacia's straight jojoba oil (it has a little vit. e in it as a preservative) and it has been the best thing I have ever put on my face. It has been about three weeks now and my skin looks great, feels soft, is clear and completely non-reactive. Now all I do is wash my face with a clean washcloth (you can get a pack of 12 at target for 2.99 and have a fresh one every night of the week) and warm water only, pat dry my face, and then massage the jojoba oil into my skin (I do avoid my forehead, though, as that area never needs moisture). When my skin has soaked in as much as it can, there is usually oil still on the surface on my face. I simply give it a swipe with a dry towel and I am good to go.

The only drawback of the Aura Caia brand is it's ridiculous packaging, which makes it virtually impossible to dispense a small amount of oil. I use the extra on the back of my hands, which is nice, too. The plus side is that i think this bottle will last months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 6:05:00 AM More reviews by maigrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Jojoba oil is an amazing product hands down. Its so lovely and moisturizing without clogging pores ore being excessively oily. After your skin has absorbed what it can, you just blot it down and it leaves your skin lovely and glow-ey without being shiney. This is a must have for anyone in my opinion, but especially those with dry skin (like mine).

However aura cacia's packaging leaves a lot to be desired, the squirt bottle is rediculous and its incredibly annoying not to be able to get more than a teaspoon+ per squeeze. I was going through a dry spell and I bought jojoba the first place I found it, but next time I think I'm going to try desert essences' version instead.

Even with the way I glob it on there, its still gonna be a few months before this little bottle is used up. For people living in Toronto, I happened across the desert essence brand in a health food store in the 77 Bay building basement (around bay and college) although most health food stores have at least some form of pure-ish jojoba oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For a much more detailed review of this product, see my review for the Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kikio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As my fellow MAers say, this is a "HG" product for me. i thought for sure it would make my combo skin (where it is oily, it is OILY and where it is dry it is DRY) worse but it made it better. how i dont know. this stuff rocks. it isnt cheap but not outrageous either. a little goes a long way (and i agree with the other comment too that it is hard to get just a bit out with this type of dispenser). Definitely recommend trying this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Ayiti

Yay, yay, yay! I'm starting to love this stuff! My skin type: sensitive and combination (very oily in the t-zone, normal-to-dry elsewhere).
I was skeptical of using this, as my t-zone can get very oily during the day, especially under make-up (tragic). After doing research, though, I decided to try it. Like most users of pure jojoba oil, when I first started using it, I had a nasty breakout in places I don't normally break out. I encourage all new users not to be disheartened by a breakout at the onset, because now, the breakout has cleared, and my skin is beginning to look even, toned, and beautiful!

How I use it: In the morning:After I've cleansed my face in the shower, I squirt the very minimum amount (which the bottle makes difficult to do), about 2-3 drops, and massage it all over my face and neck. I don't rinse it off. I leave it on for the remainder of the shower, then towel off the excess when I'm drying off.

At night: After cleansing and toning, I use 2-3 drops and massage it into slightly damp skin, and let it absorb.
I don't know that this is the best brand to use (and it was a little on the steep side price-wise), but I suspect pure jojoba oil doesn't differ much from brand to brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by medic4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it! It really is a nice moisterizer for my face, because it does not break me out or irrite my skin. This can be used as a moisterizer or in addition to a moisterizer.It is exztremelly versatyle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

After reading the reviews, I had to give this a try. My PC skin cleanser for oily/combination skin just didn't seem to be removing all of the EM foundation after washing so I decided to give the jojoba oil a try. After squirting a small amount on a couple cotton balls I wiped off the EM foundation and it did an awesome job of dissolving the foundation. I proceeded with my PC cleanser and my skin felt really clean and soft afterwards. I tested this by sweeping my face with toner and the cotton ball used didn't show any traces of foundation. Also, the jojoba oil hasn't contributed to any increased oiliness or breakouts. Awesome stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 5:05:00 PM More reviews by virginrose

Jojoba oil has been a godsend. I agree with the other reviewers and the benefits of it as a moisturizer. Somehow, by putting this oil on my face, it has controlled the oiliness and shine and completely balanced out my skin. It moisturizes beautifully while leaving my skin matte. And it never breaks me out. To think of all the money I wasted on moisturizers that never delivered much except more shine and pimples. All I needed was this pure and simple oil. Can't do without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ltccb

Jojoba oil has been a miracle find. Elle was spot on with the amount to use: 2-3 drops is enough, you don't need a puddle in your hand (otherwise you'll end up looking shiny, and if you apply make-up afterward it will only make your brushes yucky.) It's a great moisturizer on it's own, but I mix it with light cream moisturizers - right now, a speck of Juice Beauty Nutrient Moisturizer. It's about $15 for a small 4 oz bottle.. but worth it, definitely. They have changed the cap so that it squirts the oil out, which I don't find to be much better than the old cap (like a shampoo bottle's) - you often get too much. Overall an amazing, natural, simple, wonderful product that I can't say anything negative about. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by e_L_L_e

updated after one year:
HG definitely! how i use it: after cleansing, pat a tiny bit (probably 2-3 drops) onto damp skin. i use it as a nighttime moisturizer and doubles as an eye cream. i didn't like using this oil on dry skin, it just doesn't absorb as well and was just an oily film.
what i like: leaves skin so soft, smooth and glowing; my complexion is so beautiful now; wonderful moisturizing ability (i used to have to use an intensive moisture mask every couple of days, now it's pretty much unnecessary); suspect it's also helping with red marks. i swear to god my lashes are longer too. what i don't like: packaging, a dropper would be the best.
i heard that jojoba oil has a purging ability and can cause an initial breakout. i experienced a somewhat horrible breakout in the second week. but i'm glad i stuck thru. ditch your chemical moisturizers that can cost a fortune, go all nature and pure with jojoba.