September 17, 2014 | 2103 users online

Moisturizers - Neal's Yard - Frankincense Nourishing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2006 6:40:00 AM More reviews by eggs

Let me start by saying I very rarely write reviews these days - I guess I hardly ever find a product that impresses me so much that I want others to know about it! As far as moisturisers are concerned, I (at the grand old age of 35) had all but decided that my years of sampling creams and lotions in quest of some Holy Grail were quite frankly a waste of time, and that really, honestly, at the base of it all, a hastily-grabbed tub of something cheap from Boots or a tube of 'Old Faithful' Weleda's Almond moisture cream was just as good as all the high-end concoctions I had tried.

I look perpetually exhausted and drawn, pale and haggard, but I know that is due to lack of sleep and too much stress, and no miracle cream is EVER going to change that! That said, however, I have been for some time generally content with the state of my skin. It is pretty well blemish-free, and apart from the odd fine line and little age spot, it's not too bad for someone of my age.

Therefore, I was not looking for love when this magnificent brew came into my possession. I was resigned to my mega-stressful lifestyle, and not particularly fussed about trying anything new. Just picked it up on a whim along with some Christmas decorations, a vanilla soap and some packets of seeds at my local herb farm shop. Well I am completely smitten with this. Hook line and sinker. Head over heels in love. It is a very dense, very lightly scented cream which just seems to melt into my skin. It soothes, it calms, it plumps, it softens those fine lines. It's great under makeup (no greasy residue), although this is definitely not for troubled or oily skin. My skin actually feels stronger, plumper, finer, and looks visibly rested. This is what I would call a Miracle Cream. Turns out it is not only Neal's Yard's top moisturiser, it is also their top selling product. Get your paws on a tub of this and WORSHIP it!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No