Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - In Control Curious

3.9

on 5/10/2009 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It might be a bit too early for me to review this, but I will be sure to update if anything changes!
In the past, i've had a lot of trouble searching for fragrances to wear. Almost all scents (except for the scent of my deodorant lol) are too strong for me (they tend to make me feel a bit sick). Even a baby fragrance made me feel a little bit ill recently, so i was pretty discouraged :P.

I had heard good things about some of the Britney Spears perfumes in the past, but i was always very worried about whether they would be too strong for me.
Well, after trying this today, I find this to be a pretty nice scent! I'm not very good at describing fragrances, but i find that this is a warm and sweet fragrance. It is also subtle, and i think it could be a good choice for someone who doesn't want to wear something too overwhelming. I think that the other reviewers have done a pretty nice job of describing the scent, and i'm not sure what else i could add lol. I will write an update if there are any changes, and i will keep wearing this and see how it goes : ].

on 4/8/2009 10:00:00 PM

keep in mind that scents smell different with different body chemistry. Another reviewer stated that this smelled just like Jessica Simpsons "Fancy" and I could not DISAGREE more. "fancy" smells similar to "sweet honesty" by avon, a scent I have loathed since 12 because my grandma used to give it to me for every holiday (she sold avon). "In control curious" however is my favorite Britney scent and in my top 3 ever perfumes. The packaging is beautiful even though I am not a huge fan of pink. It is a bit expensive but not so much so that I wouldnt buy it again. If you love curious this is even better.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok...although yes--this perfume is superb--it smells almost exactly like Fancy-from Jessica Simpson. lol...anyone else notice that?

Anyhow, nice, vanilla, warm, romantic--wonderful perfume.

But if you own Fancy--sniff that---THEN this one--and tell me if you notice any difference--cause I really dont. ;)

on 1/16/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am a huge Britney fan and so i own every one of her fragrances including the matching body lotions. After owning and wearing all of the scents for a while now, i can honestly say that In Control is not only my favorite Britney fragrance but also in my top 3 fragrances of my entire collection (which is BIG).

It is so unique and original. It smells very creamy and sweet but sexy and seductive at the same time. The bottle is very alluring and mysterious which adds to its appeal, especially the 100ml bottle that comes with the spray attomizer. The scents lasts all day long and it is not too strong nor too weak. I even sometimes spray my pillows with it before i go to bed!

Although i love all of the Britney scents, In Control is my absolute favorite! I have a 100ml bottle, a 50ml bottle, a 15ml mini bottle, a 100ml Body Lotion and an In Control jewlerry box! If you dont have it then go out and get it now since it is limited edition and will not be around for long! I'm in control, are you? lol ;)

on 1/14/2009 12:34:00 AM

This is such a lovely perfume!!! The smell is lovely, it lasts ages, I dont have a problem with it wearing off, I put it on this morning and can still smell it now! (7pm). I has such a cute bottle, and I got it cheap of fragrancex.com for the tester bottle. love it, would deffinitly buy again, if it wernt limited edition!

i love how sweet it smellsz. my boyfriend lovesz it too. sort of seductive too lol. i use it everyday and lastsz me for most of the day. it also sticksz. i qave my boyfriend a huq and 3 daysz later hesz still smellinq it on his jacket! lol

on 11/16/2008 9:37:00 PM

I love this,the bottle is adorable. The sentis a rich but not overly sweet truffle type of smell that then goes to a powdery smell..which I don't overly love but whatever. The staying power fr this is SO bad...like an hour later its gone. TO bad tho,I love the sweetness its so far from the sticky sick sweet of fantasy

Glad I stocked up on this even though I don't use it too often gotta give the other fragrances a chance ya know, lol! The bottle is the same as Curious but the two smells are like polar opposites! Curious imo is a daytime fresh and flirty smell....In Control is sweet (without being overly sweet ehem Fantasy)and mysterious. I'm glad this was limited edition because it seems like everyone was wearing Curious! In Control has a crazy funky drydown sweet and musky, like caramelize sugar but the sweet smell of this is very soft, mature, and light. This is a unique scent everytime I wear this people stop and ask and it's funny to tell them it's a LE Britney Spears fragrance.

on 7/9/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a flanker to CURIOUS, but I can't pick up on any similarities between the two fragrances. It's limited edition which is a shame, as I much prefer this to the original. (It is still in a lot of stores though; have they made it permanent due to popularity?)

It's much lighter then CURIOUS, yet I can still pick up on the fragrance after a day at the office. As you can guess, it is a sweet fragrance, but it's not sickly. The soft floral notes seem creamer as they're enveloped in the crème brûlée & the vanilla & musk notes warm the fragrance up. IN CONTROL blurs the top, heart & base notes into one on me.

Scent notes: Loquat fruit, midnight orchid, crème brûlée, black vanilla bean, tonka crystals, sugared sandalwood and musk.

If you like oriental/vanilla fragrances, you'll really enjoy IN CONTROL, and I'd recommend this for autumn/fall as it's so warming & comforting.

on 7/9/2008 7:58:00 AM