December 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lolilea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just posted this on skinboard
"I've been using clinique city block 40 under makeup more religiously and even back in summer when i was just using it for like 1/2 months then stopped. i noticed both times that the next day my skin would be clear. even if i accidently slept with makeup on after a night out, which would usually make me break out like mad.

it took a while for me to click that it was when i was wearing it. anyway so for the past month i've been using it like everyday and my skin has like 2 teeny blemishes at most, even though it was my totm. what is in it that is clearing up my skin? is it the zinc? or is it because its acting as a barrier from my makeup meaning less clogged pores?

this is most weird because ss makes me break out usually"

Anyway as you can see not only am i enjoying this as an spf in texas and english weather, im also getting miraculously clear skin from it.

It does give a white cast, so i like to wear this with foundation to avoid looking like a ghost. with m/u it doesnt give white cast in photos, infact i rather like how it makes my skin look in photos and real life. it gives shine so i always follow up with powder but i agree with another poster that this makes my skin look more even and healthy. i stepped up my skincare in the last month and noticed one morning after applying this that my skin looked so great as if i were already wearing tm or f/d. i was going to switch up to boire but i think i'm going to stick with this stuff for a long time now :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is my go-to primer/moisturizer/everything for everyday because if I want to not wear full makeup, then this acts as a corrector and helps cover as much redness from acne as possible without makeup! I love it. It has a sheer cast of color which isn't noticeable on my palest of pale skin, and it does have that dewey-sunscreen look, which I actually like. I love that I can use one "no makeup" product to help me use less makeup when I wear it, use no makeup and feel comfortable when I don't want to wear makeup, and ALWAYS provides sun protection! Wonderful product. I usually wash my face and apply this and let it set for a few minutes before applying makeup so it can dry, if I have the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

I wanted to love this - I think the high spf is great and really wanted to amp up my sun protection. Unfortunately, I found it really drying. It would be fine when I first applied it but by the end of the day, my skin felt dry and tight.

I switched to Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 and couldn't be happier with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first Clinique product, and I've bought almost every year since 1993! Really effective sunscreen. I was out in Florida all day when I first bought it and never had to re apply (and never burned). The scent of it takes me back years. It would be too chalky for people that are not very pale, but I am and it's perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good sunscreen, it has never failed to me. I have fair skin so the tint has not been a problem to me. It is a little "oily" but after 10 minutes it is absorbed completely and I set it with compact powder. The only thing I do not like about it is that is not waterproof... So I'll stick with my Anthelios sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gb281

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given a sample tube of this while searching for a replacement for my beloved Ti-Silc Sheer SPF 45. I can say that the finish was fine, the tint was fine, but after spending a brief time in the morning sun, my face was red, not "burnt", but it was red the rest of the day, This will not be my replacement product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best sunscreen I've tried. It is so hard to find a non greasy sunscreen that blends and absorbs into the skin quickly, and this product does just that. This product does have a tint to it, but I have NC15 skin, and after blending this into my face, I don't notice any color or any type of cover up--I can still see blemishes, acne scars, and redness. I don't care whether or not this has a tint, but I wanted to point out that fair skin shouldn't be afraid of the tint, it's not going to change your skin color or look funny on you. Personally, I love using it with Clinique's gel lotion because that moisturizer is so light, it helps the sunscreen blend in even better. I would definitely recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by salbaliao

This is a pretty good sunscreen. What I like about it is that it has a sheer tint to it, so after application, you donn't need to apply a face full of foundation and concealer. However, like a lot of sunscreens out there, it gives my skin a greasy whitish look at first, but the problem can be solved with a little bit of powder or foundation. I only wear this when I know I will be exposed to the sun for a long period of time, otherwise I just wear my foundation with spf15. I don't remember how much i paid for this, but once i run out, it is likely that I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sjta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product for me as I have oily sensitive skin. No fragrance and this is the only sunscreen I have used and did not breakout from. I just use powder on top of this and I am good to go. I would only use this in the spring and summer as I would like to use a liquid foundation in the fall and winter and I don't need the extra step in the morning. I would just use a moisturizer with SPF and then follow with foundation. This sunscreen does have a slight tint (cream) but that's not such a problem for my NC 35 skin tone, especially if I just top it off with powder that is matched to my skin color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had very high expectations from this product coz I read so many good reviews about it. So maybe that is why I'm a bit disappointed with it. It feels a bit sticky while applying, but I wait for a couple of mins and then apply my face powder and it gives a dewy finish. However, when used by itself, I've noticed that this product gives me a greyish, oily tint which looks terrible.

Also, tho my skin tone is medium-tan, I tan super quick and no sunscreen seems to help prevent that. 10 mins in d sun and I turn 2 shades darker, even if I'm wearing SPF 40 or 50. Perhaps its just my skin :(

Its quite an expensive product but it lasts quite long. However, I recently tried a sample of Clarins UV White SPF40 and that hydrates and mattifies my skin and makes it look brighter too...all by itself! So I think I'd rather buy that once this runs out.