October 24, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Olive Butter Formula

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by sickgirl96

I love this formula; I buy the Olive Butter Formula with Vit. E. It is thicker than vaseline lotion and it smooths on nicely. It moisturizes for hours and does not leave any scents. I took off a lippy because it is "organic therapy for healthy skin" but the only thing that is organic is the EVOO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ogormaic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product. first the ingredients list olive oil as the first ingredient rather than practically every other lotion that uses liquid parrafin as their main ingredient. Therefore i feel that this is a more "natural"(more or less) product. Second the price is great here in Ireland-its really cheap. Third it absorbs brilliantly and doesnt leave any trace after only a minute or two. Cant recommend highly enough

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

This is a standard moisturizer. It softens and moisturizes skin very well. The most important thing about this product for me is that it has olive oil in it and olive oil has great properties for healthy skin. So this product allows a very convenient to get it on the skin regularly without applying the actual oil on and creating a mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, I got this at Kmart yesterday & so far I love it! I just back from Las Vegas about a week ago & the combination of the dry desert Las Vegas weather & the dry yucky airplane air, my skin got REALLY...dry! lol. I have purchased Palmers before, but in the coco butter formula, which I do still love but wanted to try something different. I actually have decided I like this product better though because it is less greasy, seems to "sink" into the skin faster, & has a cleaner scent. I put it all over my body yesterday before bed & woke up this morning to very hydrated skin:) Oh, another thing is I got the pump version, which I love! It makes applying the lotion super easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by gleemee

I loooove this lotion. It reminds me of Italy for some reason..I don't know, I have been there twice and I can't explain why but the smell just brings me back there..perhaps bc olive oil is an export of italy? I like to by it in pump form..that is the easiest way to spread it on. The consistency is not too thick or greasy and it absorbs quickly. As far as I can tell it moisturizes nicely, but I do not have dry skin to begin with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a small tube of this to try. Like the fresh, clean scent that fades after a few minutes, but really didn't see anything special about this lotion. After applying, it feels sticky for a short while, and then it absorbs into the skin, leaving you matte and dry later. Standard, average hydration. Nothing great for me to repurchase after my tube finishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jaan214

This is a great body lotion. It makes my skin soft and smooth and it's got a light fragrance that's not too overwhelming. I agree that the moisturizing properties might not be enough for the dry wintertime, but it's definitely great for the spring and summertime. I prefer the bottle that comes with the pump. I think this may be on it's way to becoming discontinued. I just bought a pump bottle from Target and all of the Olive Butter products were on clearance!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the idea of olive oil in anything and this delivers pretty well. hydrates without being too heavy. however in the winter, it does not keep me hydrated all day. (i have very dry skin) perfect moisturizer during spring/summer months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVELOVELOVE this moisturizer! It is light, yet very moisturizing. It sinks in very well. I use it right away after I shower, and it makes my skin very soft. Spreads very well. I keep a little bottle in my bag for my hands too. It doesn't make my skin feel all greasy, which is a big plus for me. I am actually able to use it on my face, which surprised the crap out of me! I am SO breakout prone, and this will moisturize my skin without clogging it up at the same time. I couldn't believe it. I don't like the look of the bottle; very cheap. And I hate how some gets gunked up at the pump opening, but for how well it works, I'll look past it :) This is a favorite staple of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If olive oil works for your skin, as it does for mine, you will like this body lotion very much. On me, it has a pleasant, sweet, planty smell. I also like that olive oil is one of the first ingredients listed-- so many drugstore/grocery store products aren't really as advertised.

I keep this on my desk to help combat problems at work with dry, peeling hands exacerbated by very cold weather and overly strong office soap. It does leave a bit of a sheen on my hands after applying, so it would not be for someone who prefers a lotion that sinks right in.

I rated the packaging a 3 only because the stopper/lotion top is very wide-- lotion doesn't always come out through the top and can collect in a teeny amount. Not bothersome if you're the only one using the bottle, but I would probably not allow someone else at work to use the same lotion.