Buf Puf Face Sponge-Gentle

4.6

I really hate to be the only unfavorable review of this. I guess i am more tender-skinned than i thought because even the gentle puf felt like i was washing my face with fiberglass. This thing will be reserved for the backs of my arms and thighs in the shower as to not be wasteful. I won't be repurchasing after that.

on 1/31/2008 6:09:00 PM

i love buf pufs!! i've been using them for about a year now - i order them off drugstore.com. i use both the gentle and extra-gentle facial pufs and i also use the body puf in the shower. these are my hg - they have improved the texture of my skin... my skin is unbelievably smooth. i still get blemishes, but the pufs have dramatically reduced the number of blackheads and blemishes on my skin.

the only thing i don't like about the pufs is that they don't seem to last 6-8weeks like it says on the box. i usually throw-out my pufs after about 3 or 4 weeks - by then the puf is less "puffy." the body puffs i switch out every 2 or 3 weeks. i don't "abuse" the puf by scrubbing hard either. does anyone else have this problem? continued >>

on 1/2/2008 7:12:00 PM

I have been using the gentle Buf-Puf everyday for the last 17 years. I'm convinced it helps maintain the post-facial glow (until the next one) without rubbing my sensitive face raw. It is sturdy---doesn't fall apart. I've also noticed it is becoming more difficult to find in stores. I buy/stock up at drugstore.com.

on 11/21/2007 8:20:00 PM

Okay, after reading the reviews, so far so good. This was nearly impossible to find where I live, I checked four stores until I finally found it at ULTA. I have been using for two days and I am liking the effect--softer skin, less little bumps on my chin. Could this be my HG product? Time will tell...UPDATE: too harsh for my skin, ultimately irritated it and breakouts resulted.

I love these things. I have rough oily combo skin, and i have to exfoliate every few days, or a few hours before going on a date/to a party.

They are mostly portable, so i always bring two on trips.

I prefer these because they are cheaper than the little exfoliating pads with the handles and you can dispose of them without breaking the bank. And they work way better. You don't have to worry about wearing them down or them softening up too much, or being too rough.

I am having a hard time finding these in drug stores or groceries stores near me, so i wrote a letter to 3M, the parent company, and if you order them direct from 3M, you can order in bulk and get the shipping waived.

on 7/12/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This product is great. I have oily skin that is sometimes problematic. I use Proactiv and night and Cetaphil in the morning. However, I kept getting blackheads. Then I gave this a shot. My skin is much smoother (Not completely, tho. Perfect skin is a pipe dream) and my breakouts are fewer. The other day I noticed that my acne scars faded away much quicker than normal due to the great exfoliation (and a little dab of Black Opal Fade gel). I really wish I had before and after shots of my cheek just to give you an idea of the improvement. Even my dermatologist said my skin looked better. :)
I use the gentle puf for my face once a day. Will happily repurchase.

on 6/21/2007 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Secret weapon for keeping skin glowing and polished-looking. I use my buf puf several times a week. I can't imagine how tragic life would be to just use hands and/or a simple wash-cloth to cleanse my face and neck. For all the heavy sunscreen and oil/dirt/grime/make-up that collects into the pores, a buf puf does the job of cleaning everything out. Pores are clean and skin is nice and white. I recommend that you replace one every 2~4 weeks for the sake of sanitation and cleansing-effectiveness. It's good to rinse/wring the puf really well after each use with very warm/hot water and an oil-free face cleanser and baking soda. Air dry.

on 12/27/2006 11:36:00 PM

I first used these as a teen and re-discovered them recently. I use it with Dove on my sensitive/acne-prone combo skin and my skin is softer and clearer than it has been in years. I've also gotten my boyfriend hooked on the sponge to exfoliate his face in the shower prior to shaving. He used to get a lot of electric razor bumps and the Buf Puf exfoliation has improved his skin a lot. The sponges hold up well but I try to dry them thoroughly with each use and replace them every month or two to avoid bacteria build-up. They dry pretty well out in the open but sometimes don't dry as well if kept in a humid shower area.

on 12/20/2006 8:30:00 PM

A product I truly cannot live without. But if you have sensitive skin, donít bother! My skin is far from sensitive, itís combination, T-zone or whatever itís called. I donít feel clean unless I really scrub at myself and a washcloth just wonít do. The buf-puf is perfect, not too soft, not too rough. It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed when used with my favorite face cleanser (Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel). They also work on areas other than the face; I sometimes use mine on my legs and the back of my arms. They donít last long but theyíre cheap and found at most drug stores.

on 9/13/2006 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in extra gentle because I have eczema and extremely dry skin. I really needed something to gently exfoliate my flakey skin off on my face and this worked really well without irritating my skin. (Other exfoliants really hurt). They do flatten out over time and you should replace it every 4-6 weeks so not the most environmentally friendly product but most gentle out there.

Popular Face Skincare Products