August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Skincare - Face - Buf Puf Face Sponge-Gentle

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rjdcccslp

Okay, after reading the reviews, so far so good. This was nearly impossible to find where I live, I checked four stores until I finally found it at ULTA. I have been using for two days and I am liking the effect--softer skin, less little bumps on my chin. Could this be my HG product? Time will tell...UPDATE: too harsh for my skin, ultimately irritated it and breakouts resulted.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by omibunnydotcom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these things. I have rough oily combo skin, and i have to exfoliate every few days, or a few hours before going on a date/to a party.

They are mostly portable, so i always bring two on trips.

I prefer these because they are cheaper than the little exfoliating pads with the handles and you can dispose of them without breaking the bank. And they work way better. You don't have to worry about wearing them down or them softening up too much, or being too rough.

I am having a hard time finding these in drug stores or groceries stores near me, so i wrote a letter to 3M, the parent company, and if you order them direct from 3M, you can order in bulk and get the shipping waived.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great. I have oily skin that is sometimes problematic. I use Proactiv and night and Cetaphil in the morning. However, I kept getting blackheads. Then I gave this a shot. My skin is much smoother (Not completely, tho. Perfect skin is a pipe dream) and my breakouts are fewer. The other day I noticed that my acne scars faded away much quicker than normal due to the great exfoliation (and a little dab of Black Opal Fade gel). I really wish I had before and after shots of my cheek just to give you an idea of the improvement. Even my dermatologist said my skin looked better. :)
I use the gentle puf for my face once a day. Will happily repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 12:47:00 PM More reviews by clarefromcali

Secret weapon for keeping skin glowing and polished-looking. I use my buf puf several times a week. I can't imagine how tragic life would be to just use hands and/or a simple wash-cloth to cleanse my face and neck. For all the heavy sunscreen and oil/dirt/grime/make-up that collects into the pores, a buf puf does the job of cleaning everything out. Pores are clean and skin is nice and white. I recommend that you replace one every 2~4 weeks for the sake of sanitation and cleansing-effectiveness. It's good to rinse/wring the puf really well after each use with very warm/hot water and an oil-free face cleanser and baking soda. Air dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mikala17

I first used these as a teen and re-discovered them recently. I use it with Dove on my sensitive/acne-prone combo skin and my skin is softer and clearer than it has been in years. I've also gotten my boyfriend hooked on the sponge to exfoliate his face in the shower prior to shaving. He used to get a lot of electric razor bumps and the Buf Puf exfoliation has improved his skin a lot. The sponges hold up well but I try to dry them thoroughly with each use and replace them every month or two to avoid bacteria build-up. They dry pretty well out in the open but sometimes don't dry as well if kept in a humid shower area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by xx13

A product I truly cannot live without. But if you have sensitive skin, donít bother! My skin is far from sensitive, itís combination, T-zone or whatever itís called. I donít feel clean unless I really scrub at myself and a washcloth just wonít do. The buf-puf is perfect, not too soft, not too rough. It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed when used with my favorite face cleanser (Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel). They also work on areas other than the face; I sometimes use mine on my legs and the back of my arms. They donít last long but theyíre cheap and found at most drug stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by chocolik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in extra gentle because I have eczema and extremely dry skin. I really needed something to gently exfoliate my flakey skin off on my face and this worked really well without irritating my skin. (Other exfoliants really hurt). They do flatten out over time and you should replace it every 4-6 weeks so not the most environmentally friendly product but most gentle out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

OMG! I absoultely love this product! I used them a very, very long time ago when they were widely available, along with Sea Breeze Astringents and cleansers. So recently, I stopped by the pharmacy (they were having a mega sale, as they were closing down, hence everything was 50-75% off)and I saw these sponges. They had 3 kinds: Regular, Gentle, and Extra Gentle. I bought the gentle ones b/c the regular seemed abit too coarse. I used them with my regular face soap and so much dead skin came off, my pores were almost non-existent! I am also using retinol for enlarged pores and the combo of using the buf puf with mild soap and retinol are wonderful! I did not know how much dead skin I had, as I was worried about AHA's being too harsh/causing irritation, cleansers which do not get along with my skin, products that were pore clogging, etc. This puf really does a thorough job without any irritation whatsoever, it is so simple, just microfibres in conjuction with whatever soap/cleanser works for one. I had a facial once which was supposed to help my clogged pores, and while it did help in terms of exfoliation, I did experience a couple of breakouts. This sponge was $2.00 (CDN) and it works just like a facial! Having said all this good stuff, the only qualm that I have is that these are not easy to find here, even in other pharmacies. But I stocked up and I guess I'll repurchase them online. IHMO, I get really frustrated when those great products from the 80'and 90's are discontinued!AAAHH!UPDATE:I'm still using the buf puf&liking the results.However, I use a cleanser now instead of bar soaps and what a diffrence it has made! I still love Dove...just not for my face.**EDIT**I still use Dove for my face but when I use the Buf Puf, I use Glyderm gentle cleanser which gets all the makeup and sunscreen off.
***EDIT/UPDATE***Ok now I am back to using Dove with the buf puf, since my face is not bumpy like it was before. Glyderm worked really well b/c of the glycolic acid, but now I don't need to use it anymore. I love the gentle puff and use a bit of dove and it works amazingly well in keeping my skin balanced, as it takes care of the oily areas and drier areas of my face. The other buf puffs that I purchased were the original and fine textured ones which would be too harsh for my face, however, I decided to put them to use as a body sponge in shower. After about 3/4 days of using that with shower gel, my skin was sooo smooth! I am getting into the habit of using buf puf for the body in the shower everyday, as opposed to using those big round fluffy puffs. I noticed the bumps on my arms completely disappeared!! I also saw knock-offs of buf puf at Walmart and Shoppers(under the Quo brand)and will repurchase those. These things are genius!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No