MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 3/12/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a few months now and I love it because it gives great coverage! It's thick and covers everything that I myself do not use a concealer because of the good coverage it gives. I also love how it lasts all day and night. But after using it for a while it has caused me to break out. So I recommend to invest in good cleansing products to take care of your skin. Also, it has a orangish color to it that I feel is noticeable at times which is one bad thing about it. When I went to the mac store she "matched" me, but didn't do a good job at it because I noticed it was too dark and I had to go down a shade. With that said, I don't really know how I feel about this foundation. I have yet to find a foundation that has good coverage like this one.

on 3/12/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

GUYS read before purchasing!
So I used to keep my Mac Studio Fix stocked and ready to go. Literally, I couldn't wait to be done with it so I could go buy more :B
My skin isn't oily nor too dry and I barely break out or get pimples unless Aunt Flo is in town. But after months of using this product, I was starting to get pimples. Granted they weren't in clusters but it'd be one here and there and when I killed them, more of their friends came to their funeral.
So I tried to be more diligent in facial scrubbage and astringents but that issue in combination with the 32$ price was getting a bit rough.
Also, this foundation is VERY thick, granted it's got fab coverage but even with setting powder it didn't last longer than 5 hours esp if outdoors/sweating. Also, the shade the Mac girl rec was spot on but it dried orange so I really had to blend blend blend the foundation.

Finally I realized I just didn't want to spend 40 on foundation IF I could find a suitable copycat.
TWO products that work like this are:

Covergirl 3 in 1: covers really well, better for my skin; less breakouts, a third of the price

and

Wet N' Wild: superior coverage, buildable, less than 5 dollars, lasts long with setting powder, little goes a lonnnnnggg way.

Seriously guys, if you're a brand girl like I once was, then Mac is for you. Esp if you want 10/10 coverage. But I now buy Wet N Wild and it's mind-blowing that such a cheap foundation could be so much better IMO.
Also, Wet N Wild has only like 5 or 6 shades but I find if you buy two and mix them to make your ideal shade, you get double the product for far less than Studio Fix.
Give it a shot, you may save yourself beaucoup $!

on 3/11/2015 7:10:00 AM

Hmmm... Maybe not one of my finest MAC purchases. For full coverage I have to give this product top marks as it is absolutely great for the coverage of redness/blemishes and uneven skin tone. However for someone with a dryer skin type this is not the most suitable foundation. The liquid is very thick and heavy which made it quite difficult to blend, and any powders used after as a finish clung to the foundation resulting in cake face! NOT GOOD :-( this foundation also has a very strong scent, almost like paint? I found this foundation did make my skin break out a lot too... As I do love the coverage I sometimes use a small amount mixed with other foundations however this is only rarely! A similar alternative to this foundation is MAC's Pro-Longwear Foundation which is much better suited for me :-) xo

on 3/7/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have not used a MAC foundation in over 15 years and when I did it was the Studio Fix powder as my skin as a 20-something "youngin" was terribly oily. Now that I'm a woman of "certain" age, my skin is somewhat dry and liquid foundation is a must. The search has been long and frustrating - MUFE's HD Foundation (overpriced), Sephora (bad/no coverage), Lancome (gave me a HUGE zit on my cheek! Why is this $45.50???) and last but not least, Estee Lauder (a very close #2, but pricy). Now enter Liquid MAC Studio Fix Fluid (score!)

Doesn't oxidize

I've been wearing this for a week and I love it! Finish is medium to full and buildable that gives you a flawless look. Note I said "flawless" and not "natural". If you're looking for "natural" this is not the foundation for you.

It lasts a full 8 hour day. With the exception of a slightly shiny nose, no touch up needed

Doesn't cake and doesn't transfer everywhere like most drugstore foundations (you know where that $27.00 is going) In short, this is great foundation.

Two things kept me from giving this the elusive 5 lippies.

MAC! Y'all charging folks $10 for a PUMP???? C'mon! :(

The smell of this foundation is ATROCIOUS!!! What's that all about? The only thing that makes the smell tolerable is that it doesn't last all day but good GAWD, it's bad.

Will I call this foundation the Holy Grail? Not right now. But I will see as time goes on. But, if you're like me and have been using drugstore foundation for ages and are finally looking for an upgrade, give this one a try

on 3/7/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Great everyday foundation and can last an average school and/or work day. I've noticed if I wear it for an extended period, like from 6am to 10pm I'll get really shiny. Don't like that very much but I don't wear it for that long very often either. Couple more complaints.
This foundation legit smells like wall paint. I don't know if anyone else around me can notice, but I get whiffs of it throughout the day. It's as unpleasant as it sounds, but smell doesn't bother me enough for it to be a deal breaker.
Would be awesome if this came with a pump instead of the screw top it does. Don't want to pay $10 for a pump, especially for something I feel should have come with in the first place.

Overall it's a good medium coverage everyday foundation and stays very well and evens out skin tone perfectly, but after very extended wear can get shiny if you don't apply powder or cakey if you do apply too much powder. But if smell is a big deal for you, don't bother. It'll drive you crazy.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'll admit, this product exceeded my expectations. I think MAC is terribly overrated not to mention their rude employees and extortionate prices are enough to put anyone off. My first ever purchase: the MAC Studio Sculpt concealer was THE worst concealer I have ever purchased. £1 concealer from the chemist worked better than that studio sculpt crap. Formulated for dry skin, my butt. As a result I was terribly skeptical about this foundation. It's quite pricy for something that looks like it belongs in an art classroom. All foundations hate my skin. I've tried Revlon and Max Factor all the way up to MUFE, Chanel, Nars and Dior, and nothing has ever made my skin look good or provided the coverage I need. I hate 95% of foundations because I have huge pores, Sahara desert skin, fine lines and a few bumps and pimples. They cling to my dry patches, cover nothing and come off too easily. I am tan and bought this in NC42. It looks like tomato soup in the bottle and feels and smells exactly like poster paint. The smell is very odd. I have extremely dry skin and as soon as I read reviews about how this is only for oily skin, I panicked. However, all is forgiven because as soon as I put this on my face becomes flawless. Like...porcelain smooth. Mannequin like? Hahaha! I don't mind because I like my skin to look as plasticly perfect as possible. No dry patches, no fine lines...just smooth matte perfection with a hint of dewiness. I guess thanks to the silicones my face looks great with this on. It stays put and doesn't slip off. I love this stuff. I have no idea why it works for me, but it does.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The coverage of this product is AMAZING! It is a heavy full coverage which is perfect if you're wanting every blemish covered and to have a flawless airbrushed look. The duration is which this foundation lasts is also great, I have forgotten to take my make up off by accident after a night out and woke up with my foundation still in place as it was!! You can't say that for many foundations...

It comes in a glass bottle which is great quality however I had to pay an extra £4 just for a pump!!

The foundation does feel heavy n the skin and is quite thick in consistency, I feel like you have to work quick with it although it is blendable - i've always found using a stippler brush works best. It also smells a bit like paint which is sometimes offputting.

However the reason I would not purchase this again sadly is due to how it made my skin after use. I suffer from dry skin. I ALWAYS use moisturizer and then a hydration primer and a few days after wearing this foundation it made my skin go patchy, blemishy and have big dry flakes that it took me 3 days to get rid off. With continued use it began to sit in my pores and cling to every bit of dry skin I had. I've had to discontinue use of it :(
But I do feel if your skins much more on the oily side then to go with this foundation as it is really good just not for my skin type!!

on 2/24/2015 6:11:00 PM

holy grail foundation, always my go to. im in nw 13 which is my perfect match. so many shades available and for me it applies as a medium foundation. dont like applying another layer tho as it can get cakey. wish it came with a pump though. its pricey but cmon guys its MAC and you'repaying for the brand name. Already gone thru like 6 bottles and each bottle lasts me about 2-3 months.

on 2/23/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. If you have dry skin (or even normal skin) then I wouldn't recommend this to you. It clings to your dry patches and tends to look cakey! I honestly wasn't expecting this foundation to be disappointing. It just didn't look natural and it just looked like my face had been painted with wall paint (haha, no joke). My mother, who has slightly oily skin, also tried it out. It looked cakey on her skin, too :(

on 2/19/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation, the first time i tried this product it seemed flawless and even though i did wear it for the whole day, It wasn't too oily, more of a dewy look which i didn't mind (even though I'm an oily gal) . NC50 matches me perfectly as I do have strong yellow undertones, however my chin area is a tad bit dark so I colour correct and put the foundation over it, after a while it starts separating and looking a little off which annoyed me. It doesn't come with a pump which is a big let down, and also it tends to oxidise a bit, but not too much like other brands. Im still on the hunt for a more natural foundation that I could wear everyday, since the studio fix looks a bit too cakey for my liking. All i need is to even my skin since I don't really have any pimples or scarring, but for this of you that are masking allot of imperfections, this foundation might be right for you as it is full coverage to me, also I heard the kat von D foundation is really good at masking all kinds of imperfections, hopefully i'll find my HD foundation but this is not it.