MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 2/7/2015 11:51:00 PM

AMAZING coverage! With that said, it is HORRIBLE for your skin! I wouldn't concider myself to have "acne-prone" skin but this foundation gave me huge cysts! Not a million at a time but enough to make me not want to leave the house! Would NOT recommend!

Mac is SO OVERATED. When are people going to realise that... If there was an option to not give it any rating at all I would give it 0...

This comes in joint last place with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - absolute (both) worst foundations, or even make up products for that matter, that I have ever used in my LIFE. SO AWFUL.

This is just the worst thing, I honestly cannot explain. Please, understand that this is THE MOST UN NATURAL, CAKEY, ASHY COLOURED, SMELLIEST MOST AWFUL PRODUCT EVER.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

It's soooo heavy it gave me spots and made my pores huge and I have very clear normal to dry skin so that was weird as no product has ever given me spots...

It creases everywhere - especially around the mouth/nose area and forehead.

It ages you about 40 years... seriously... I would rather go out with green facepaint on and do my groceries than be seen in this. I wore this for a solid month when I was living in a dingy hotel room where my lighting was so bad that I would put this on in my mirror and it wouldn't look too bad, then I would go out to uni or with my friends or whatever and unknowingly flaunt my awful face. One day I whipped out my pocket mirror to retouch my lips and nearly screamed at the pure horror of what I had seen in the mirror.

Think of chalk... like white chalk... mixed with mud... and think about it all over your face... and then think about pressing your tangle teezer up to your face to create loads of dots all over your face... this is literally what I looked like. And it's DRY AS FK.

Also... the SMELL! save your nose and DO NOT BUY THIS EVER.

Also, doesn't come with a pump and the woman serving me in mac sneakily added one to the purchase and after I paid I realised when I walked out the shop I had paid 4 quid or whatever for a pump too... like wtf is that about atleast let me know that you are charging me for something I assumed came with the foundation...

Total disgrace... if you buy this after reading these reviews, you're mad. DONT BE FOOLED BY YOUTUBE 'GURUS'... they are PAID to talk about these products... it's all a hype thing. DO NOT GET THIS. There are so many better foundations you can buy...

To conclude: this is literally white/cream coloured face paint... looks and smells like it, feels like it after about ten minutes of wear it is super heavy and dry feeling like a face mask...

:) HOPE I HELPED

on 2/5/2015 12:20:00 PM

Works really nice with my skin, really happy about it.

on 2/3/2015 10:44:00 AM

The best thing about MAC for me is the amount of shades they have available. I'm NW13 naturally and it's the first foundation which hasn't made me too orange or given me a pinky/ashy tone to my skin. Which is fantastic! My only issue with this is that it's far too drying for my skin. The first few times it was flawless but after it just seems to dry my skin out and go patchy, this is both with or without moisturiser. I know a lot of people have had this issue so I'm not on the hunt for a foundation which is more hydrating for my skin
Another thing about this foundation is the pump...there isn't one, unless you buy one separately. So without on you pour it out on your hand, sometimes it runs out the pot too quickly which is a waist and near the end I find myself bashing my hand with the bottle.
It's a medium coverage which is buildable and a lovely matte finish. It does last all day but I often find myself wiping my phone clean because it comes off easily. It also smells a bit like paint(?) but it goes away, or you just get used to it. It's good to use with a beauty blender, RT stippling brush and RT buffing brush.
If it wasn't for the fact it doesn't work with my skin time I would buy it again.

I bought this because there was so much hype about it and I wanted to see if it was truly worth it, coverage is medium-full, I found a good color match and it looks pretty good on, also it didn't break me out, but I think it is really thick in consistency ,although this can be fixed with a beauty blender, and smells like raw butter mixed with paint, I would buy it again if the smell was not that strong.

on 2/1/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted this foundation so badly and it is great. Coverage is amazing as well as the color range. My NC15 is perfect match for me. The smell is bad but by the time it dissappears. *but since i have sensitive skin and I do have sometimes clear face sometimes with acne i did get 2 pimples so now i dont know is it from the foundation or is it just my skin...

on 1/27/2015 5:38:00 AM

Firstly I have heard a lot of this breaking people out and it may be true but for me it has not (would recommend a sample for any makeup product before buying though).

At the beginning it creased terribly on me and looked cakey but I have learned that using a small amount and patting the product in with a damp sponge (real techniques sponge for me) helps avoid creasing while still giving good coverage due to the high pigmentation of the product. A buffing brush also works similarly.

Overall a great everyday foundation with a light hand (and I do mean light, maybe one pump. Remember foundation is just for evening skintone, concealer does the rest :) )

Great color match, but I broke me out very very bad,,, and it sucks because it gave me flawless coverage but healthy good looking skin without makeup is more important to me..

on 1/25/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

i was looking for a new foundation so I decided to try out MAC, I only had one MAC lipstick to my name at the time but I generally knew they were a good brand so I decided to try studio fix. I really wish I could love it...

Packaging- I do love the simple, modern glass, clear and black packing that MAC have going on with most of their products. However this foundation seems to be missing a pump? Come on MAC pop one on there!

Wear/Feel- I applied this foundation like I normally would.. Either with a brush or with my fingers. And both times even with a primer and setting powder it made my skin look and feel greasy and cakey, I applied both with a brush and fingers and nothing made a difference to it, I also did set it however I dont think I set it well enough. It felt like it was sliding off my face, every time I touch my face with my finger it would just scrape off. It made my forehead and the left side of my face break out, I never ever get break outs so I was going crazy like 'what the hell is this stuff doing to my face?!' Towards the end of my day of wearing this stuff it started to dry.. Really bad! It dried out the skin around my nose and made me look very flakey. I have not worn it since, and plan on never wearing it again. I will admit that this foundation does have very good coverage though but it smells like Bargain Booze.

Price- The price of Studio fix in the UK is £21.50 which to be honest is pretty reasonable. But I will personally not be repurchasing this.

Overall this foundation for me a total flop, it may work for other people but for me and many other girls it doesn't. Simple as. If you are having trouble with Studio fix I recommend you try MAC's Pro longwear Foundation, though you may have the same problem! If you are prone to breakouts or have sentivte skin be careful with MAC they are very heavy and use loads of chemicals in there products.

on 1/19/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My friend bought this foundation for me when she was in America and I was excited to finally have it again. I had forgotten how thick and full coverage this foundation is, and annoyingly matte (I have dry skin so I don't really like a matte finish). However, this foundation does cover pigmentation on the skin but can be heavy. I do think this is a pretty basic foundation, overall.

It is annoying that you have to buy the pump separately and now that I think about, that's probably a reason for me not using it as much as I can. (I do have 2 other foundations I use though). Getting the pump will be a life saver for you and I highly recommend doing so. I also think the NARS pump MAY fit this bottle, but I'm 100% sure.

What I like about this foundation:
- It gives a perfect base to contour, highlight etc.
- It has good-to-really good coverage.
- It has a very thick smooth consistency that buffs into the skin
- Applied best with a foundation or buffing brush (will be very full coverage when using flat foundation brush) or a beauty blender/sponge.
- I don't use powder to set this foundation and I have dry to normal skin. I find that the finish of the foundation is matte.

Some not so great things about this foundation:
- Can feel slightly 'heavy' on skin
- Breaks some people out apparently?
- Thick-ish consistency.
- Can show dry patches on skin (however this has stopped).

I would recommend it to a friend as long as they were aware of the cons stated above. I haven't had any reactions to this foundation and I do have slightly sensitive skin.