October 22, 2014 | 1794 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Nutrafix hair reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by BettyJones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this and Giovanni 50:50 conditioner and they have transformed my dry & damaged hair into soft, silky & shiny, wavy hair (without these products, my hair is frizzy). I love that they are cruelty-free. I buy from Vitacost.com for $4.64 per bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

This is my favorite deep conditioner - and it costs like, $8. Amazing. I love to use this after the Joico K-Pak Recostructor once a week, and it keeps my wavy 2b hair moisturized, healthy lookind, and minimizes damage from heat styling. This is a creamy thick conditioner without any sulfates or silicones and I love it b/c it moisturizes without using silicones to temporarily change the texture of my hair - and then drying it out later. This also works, in a pinch, as a daily conditioner- it's not so heavy that it will weigh hair down. However, you really get the best results from this when it's left on your hair for 5-10 minutes. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

Just used this product once, no long term use comment yet, but I loved it. I took a shower, wash my hair, slap on the conditioner and jump into the bath for about 20 mins. I can feel my hair getting stronger as I rinse off the conditioner. I am left w/ stronger, straighter and more manageable hair.
The only prob is that my hair is a little bit too strong/stiff. I get that we all protein treatment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG this stuff is magic..my hair does not like intense protein, i remember reading in the reviews here that this stuff has minimal amount of protein..so i use this stuff twice a week, turns my hair to silk..I get amazing blowouts whenever i use this stuff..Def yay! give this product a shot..you will defently love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by meki1000

(Asian long, thick a little coarse hair.)
This is my HG deep conditioner. I use it bi-weekly with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes or so. I also use it every so often as a regular conditioner if I've been abusing my hair more than usual with hot appliances. It keeps my hair wonderfully soft and smooth and for less than $5 dollars for a 8.5oz bottle, it's really amazing. Best of all is the fact that it's certified organic. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is really awesome, my hair wouldn't be happy without it. I've been using this for years now, about twice a week. It's a soy protein treatment, best protein treatment I've used. Love it!! I have a normal scalp with thick, straight/wavy hair, medium strands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really bad over processed fine hair. I bought this because my hair is in major need of protien from the bleaching and colouring I have done. I put this on with a shower cap on over top, left it on for about 30 mins, rinsed it off and WOW! My hair was nice and soft.
I have to admit, I dont see where all the protien is in this since the ingredients only list soybean protien, but regardless, it worked. My hair is soft and shiney now. I will alternate between this one and my ABBA recoup, both excellent products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rchickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the previous reviewers, I also have really thick, dry, wavy hair and not only did this make my hair shiny but it's de-poofed my hair! My hair usually ends up so thick I break hair ties and clips but wow, I think this could be my HG. I leave it in my hair for 10-15 mins. The cheapest I've found has been for a little less than $7 at a natural grocery store. I also really like the packaging on it. It's a has a rectangular cap that you just flip and you squeeze the conditioner through a hole in the center, where it's easy to find a manageable amount (unlike others where I've ended up squeezing out much more than I've wanted).

I've been trying to switch to more natural products and I'm so thankful that I've actually found one that works better than my old stuff.

EDIT: When you get to the end of the bottle, it is a little harder to squeeze out so just remove the rectangular shaped cap at the top.

EDIT 6/28/07: Disregard the previous edit! This now comes in an easy squeeze tube and the amount included has changed (from 8.5 to 6.8oz)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this at Wild Oats and tried it for the first time last night...OMG! Where has this thing been all of my ilfe! I left it in my hair for about 20 minutes and could immediately see and feel the difference. And mind you, I have very kinky, curly, dry coarse hair, and this is some miraculous stuff because it transformed my dull locks into shiny soft coils. And I like the fact that it is made with about 90% natural ingredients. Definitely a staple product for me. It cost me about 8 bucks which is not bad considering that it truly works. One of the best reconstructors I have used and will continue to use. Like the previous reviewer noted, I don't know how well this will work on ladies with fine, straight hair because it is pretty heavy duty, but Giovanni makes a whole range of conditioners suited for all hair types, such as Smooth as Silk which is a lighter protein conditioner. But if your hair is like mine, please try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Giovanni is an organic hair care line found in Whole Foods. Luckyvitamin.com has it cheaper. This is my HG protein rich conditioner when it has been blown out or ironed too much. Once every two weeks is fine for me. I have very coarse, thick, wavy, frizzy hair and it makes my hair softer and less frizzy. It can be used as longer for deep conditioning. Anyway, what a great product! I love it!

Update: Frizz has been my life! Keratin treatments never worked. Finally I found a nice combO. Yes add Knorr unflavoured gelatin into the conditioner. I combined a packet or less depending on hair length to some warm water and conditioner. Overall, I make sure it is slightly thick in consistency.

Here is a once a month protein treatment. So after shampooing my long course, thick and wavy hair, I towel dry well. Then I slather on the gelatin mix and whipped up the hair into a pony tail. It will dry like straw but it is working. I put a plastic bag over my head. Topped with a warmed heating pad and towel, I sit for 20 minutes. I do house stuff for another hour or so and rinse it out with a little more conditioner and combing.

The protein and conditioner softens and weighs down my strands. Once dry, my hair is so silky. Flyways and frizz are much better. Too much protein can break hair. So I adjust as needed
Here is a test to see when this deep conditioning treatment is needed: Hair with balanced elasticity will stretch up to 50% when wet and return to itís normal size.